Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Amber Wasn't Nerfed, She Was Buffed You Fools!

I'm very surprised by just how much Amber has been overlooked in 1.28. She's actually pretty awesome now. Now the weapons actually work on defense for a change, so that makes Amber a lot scarier IMO.

The new Dual Wield is awesome and also works on defense. It's also a great answer to weapon destruction. Just sack your extra copies of weapons you've already played and play Dual Wield instead.

I've been tweaking the deck and getting the hand on how to play it. It's not at all easy to play it though, so maybe it's not for everyone. I'm convinced this is at least T1.5. It's very strong against Eladwen which I'm convinced it's actually not T1 like most people think, but T1.5 maybe even T2.

It should be about even against Logan, but I need to test more. I'm not ready to give out a card list, but I guess you could always look at my replays. Of course the latest are more tuned and I had a better handle on how to properly play it, so keep that in mind while you're looking.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shhh. Quiet you fool. Don't you want to surprise people in a tournament with her?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    Shhh. Quiet you fool. Don't you want to surprise people in a tournament with her?
    Impossible.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Does her ability cancel DW bonus? Or does it stack?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, well I tried to make a decent Amber deck and came to the conclusion that she was better in 1.27.

Sure, Dual Wield can be handy, but running 4 of them and getting them in your hand rather than your first weapon sucks!

Also, the Amber deck with Beserker's Edge as the main weapon was certainly nerfed by 1.28.

Dimension Ripper and Amer have promise, but I can't bring myself to risk losing my Enrage to Eladwen, and I really need Enrage in the deck. Maybe I should just play percentages and risk it anyway - after all, Dimension Ripper is always just a calculated risk unless you can fill their hand with Bad Santa first.

@IssacFrost: The weapon bonus when you play from Graveyard can be combined with her ability, but I don't know if Dual Wield's ongoing effect can combine with Amber's ability.