Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Portal for Token Holders (including SF Kickstarter Backers)

Hi, again, everyone!

I'm very pleased to announce on behalf of the Board of Directors that the Shadow Token Portal is now live.

If you have bought any Shadow Tokens through Easy Buy or have otherwise associated your ST with your game account, you can now see your current balance there. (As of v3.501, it can also be seen in the Shadow Era app.)

Additionally, Shattered Fates Kickstarter Backers can now claim their share of the 500,000 Shadow Tokens that Kyle is offering to each person in relative proportion to the amount they backed.

Please read on to find out all the details. (If this post displays strangely on Tapatalk, with duplicated sections, please use the Web View to see it properly as Tapatalk has become very buggy recently.)

Shadow Tokens Portal

To visit the Portal, head over to the following page and enter your game account credentials (in-game name and password):

https://shadowtoken.io/account

Once you've logged in successfully, you will be taken to a screen showing your current Shadow Token balance.

If you bought ST with Easy Buy, you will see your amount there.

If not, you will likely see 0 at the moment unless you have already associated a Waves Wallet Address with your account (using the method mentioned further down this page).

But it doesn't have to stay zero for long ...

Shadow Tokens for SF Kickstarter Backers

If you were a Shattered Fates Kickstarter Backer, you will see below your current balance an amount of Shadow Tokens that you can claim for your account (to be credited within 24 hours).

This amount of ST represents your share of the 5% pool of tokens that Kyle reserved for SF Backers as a good will gesture in recognition of the delays in delivering some of what was intended in a reasonable timeframe.

At the current Shadow Token market price ($0.11), the total pool value for SF Backers stands at $55,000, which represents more than half of the originally backed amount! To help put this into context, I backed $90 and will receive 531 Shadow Tokens (worth $58.41 today) when I go through the claim process.

Claim Process for SF Kickstarter Backers

As you can imagine, Kyle has worked very hard on making the claim process as simple as possible for everyone because he really wants everyone to get their tokens. All you need to do is create a Waves Wallet, either using the free Waves Platform app or on the Waves Platform Lite Client and then supply the wallet address in a simple form in your Portal account page.

The crediting has to be done manually by Kyle, so please allow the aforementioned 24 hours before considering something has gone wrong. Once it has completed, your Shadow Token amount at the top of the page will be updated.

Unfortunately, this isn't quite enough for us to link your Shadow Tokens to your game account in both directions, so there is another small process to go through to verify you own the wallet that will be associated with your account and start receiving the various benefits associated with being a Shadow Token Holder.

(If the reason for this two-way link is unclear, consider what might happen if someone with a small claim entered the wallet address of someone they knew had a lot of waves! Without the two-way confirmation, they could trick the system that they own that wallet. Yes, people are that sneaky and Kyle did well to spot this and come up with right approach to stop it.)

Please see the post below for details of how to link from your waves wallet to your Shadow Era game account ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Linking Shadow Tokens in Your Waves Wallet To Your Account

This is a slightly more involved process than the claim process for SF Backers, but still relatively straightforward.

Please note: You should have a Waves wallet with some Shadow Tokens in before you begin. These could have either been received via the SF Backer claim above or if you just bought the Shadow Tokens on the Waves/BitCoin/Etherium exchange. If you only have an empty wallet or no wallet (because you used Easy Buy), please see further down this post.

1. Log into your Waves Wallet at https://waveswallet.io.
    2. Make sure you have at least 0.001 Waves in your account. (If you claimed ST as a kickstarter backer, Kyle sent you 0.001 Waves to help with this. If not, you can use Free Waves Faucets)
    3. Click on the portfolio button (looks like a briefcase). Next to your ShadowToken balance, click Transfer. Send a small amount of SHDW (for example, 0.00000001 tokens) to our Waves address 3PKEQiRe2u6488jdvUAUYshrM4fQPf4omak with your player name as an attachment.

Linking a Waves Wallet to your Easy Buy Shadow Tokens

The purpose of Easy Buy is so you can avoid making a wallet and managing your own tokens. Instead, we just look after them for you and know how many each person has.

But if you have some Shadow Tokens from the SF Backer claim, then you now have a Waves wallet anyway and probably want a combined total. Or maybe you just want your Shadow Tokens in a wallet to be able to sell them. Whatever the reason for deciding to depart from the Easy way, here's what to do:

1. Find the confirmation email from when you bought the Shadow Tokens through Easy Pay.
    2. Reply to that email (should be to kyle@wulven.com) and supply your Waves wallet address in the body of the message. Anywhere that Kyle can clearly see it.
    3. Within 24 hours, Kyle will check that the email was sent from the same email address that bought the ST originally and then send your tokens to the Waves Wallet address.

Please note that you will still need to do the Linking Shadow Tokens in Your Waves Wallet To Your Account process above, for reasons already covered.

Auto-Foiled Decks for the Top 100 Token Holders

If playing with an entirely foiled deck, regardless of how many foils you own, is something that appeals to you, you'll be pleased to know that we've now made this feature live for the Top 100 Token Holders.

This is a server-side change which converts all your cards to foils just within the match screen while you are in the Top 100 Token Holders. (Note that it does not dynamically update any of your collection, so you won't lose any foils from your collection if you fall out of the Top 100.)

You can track the amount of Tokens required to be in the Top 100 on the Shadow Token home page.

Easy Buy Still Available

No Shadow Tokens Yet? It's not too late to use the Easy Buy method via PayPal.

Hopefully all that was clear enough. If not, we're here to answer your questions!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The account portal is NOT a secure connection. The info entered there may be available to third parties....
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    The account portal is NOT a secure connection. The info entered there may be available to third parties....
    Thanks. I'll pass that onto our webmaster.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I went through this and got my Shadow Tokens credited to my account already.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I understand nothing Gondo. When I go in portfolio, I can't do nothing. How can I send 0.001 shadow token if I've no token shown in the portfolio ?
    Sorry I'm new to this stuff, it's a quit hard to understand.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfCyr View Post
    I understand nothing Gondo. When I go in portfolio, I can't do nothing. How can I send 0.001 shadow token if I've no token shown in the portfolio ?
    Sorry I'm new to this stuff, it's a quit hard to understand.
    Hi. Sorry to hear this. Let's break it down to see where it's not gone right for you:

1. Are you a Kickstarter Backer?
    2. Have you bought any ST via Easy Pay?
    3. Do you have any Shadow Tokens in a Waves Wallet somewhere?

If all answers are no, there will be nothing of interest to see in the portal for now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    UPDATE: The SSL certification took longer than expected to come through, but we have it now and I've updated the links. Sorry about that!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Auto-Foiled Decks for the Top 100 Token Holders

If playing with an entirely foiled deck, regardless of how many foils you own, is something that appeals to you, you'll be pleased to know that we've now made this feature live for the Top 100 Token Holders.

This is a server-side change which converts all your cards to foils just within the match screen while you are in the Top 100 Token Holders. (Note that it does not dynamically update any of your collection, so you won't lose any foils from your collection if you fall out of the Top 100.)

You can track the amount of Tokens required to be in the Top 100 on the Shadow Token home page.
    Good news !
    Any chance to get this work when playing against the AI ?
    I guess some top 100 Tokens Holders are brand new players like me, and won't play against human players right now - learning the game through the new solo mode.

Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've bought by paypal (easy pay). I've made a wave account after this but don't know how to link my ingame tokens with waveswallet.