Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

A New Era (GDC's 10,000th and Final Post)

Exactly 10,000 posts and 18 months ago (to the day!), I joined these forums using the name GondorianDotCom, in a somewhat ill-fated* attempt to advertise my website, where I planned to put content for my new favourite game, Shadow Era!

Now, to celebrate this doubly-special occasion, I bring to you some very exciting news:

Over the past several weeks, I have been assisting a fantastic group of people from these forums who have put together a new fan-site for Shadow Era, called The Shadow Era Network (SEN).

If you head over to shadowera.net now, the first thing you will see is a brand new Tapatalk-enabled forum (search for "Shadow Era Network" on Tapatalk), where you can hang out with other players of Shadow Era and talk about whatever random stuff you want, to get to know each other better and possibly even make some real friends! Almost all content is hidden from Google searches, so it functions a lot like a private guild forum, except that everyone is welcome!

Aside from the forum, the main aim of the site is to do what I envisioned for my own site all those months ago, but a lot better! There will be articles, decks, news, tools, videos, interviews, contests ... everything!

As I post this, there isn't much of that new content yet, but SEN staff and community members will be adding content over the next few weeks and beyond. I will also be migrating my own content from Gondorian.com over there as well.

So, what does this mean for Gondorian.com and, indeed, GondorianDotCom?

Well, this is why I titled my post "A New Era". At some point soon, I will be actioning the name change I have been considering since December 2011, when I joined the Design Team. Pretty much all my Shadow Era involvement is now in an official capacity, so I don't think I should be advertising my website any more, especially when I rarely update it!

I would have ended the post at this point, but the TTPFG (Ten Thousandth Post Focus Group) suggested I add a few other special things. Well, here goes:

1. A RIDICULOUS CONTEST

I shall reward one lucky reader with a prize if they can be the first to reply to this post with a correct count of the number of vowels in this and only this paragraph. The prize will be 10,000 SC. Pardon me now while I make the challenge a little harder and give you more work to do to earn the priiiiiiiize. He he he hee hee. Aeon Stormcaller has 6 vowels in his name, by the way. (In case you need some clue as to what a vowel is.) What number are you up to? Does it have an eight in it? What about now? Bwahahahahahahahahaaahhaaaahaaaaaa.

2. SOMETHING GENEROUS

To all those folks who replied on my thread I posted earlier today, I will be sending 1000SC.

3. SOME KIND OF SHOUT-OUT

I'd like to give a big shout out to the following people: Kyle, AnAdolt, my wife. (I won't reveal what I plan to shout out here, but they'll find out soon enough!)

4. SOMETHING MEAN AND TROLL-LIKE

Yeah, it turns out that the ridiculous contest above is not a real contest after all. That's just a joke on the people who read that paragraph and not this one. Bwahahaha. No, the real contest is to count the number of cards in the first set of Shadow Era, Call of the Crystals, which begin with the letter S. That's a far easier challenge than counting vowels, I think you will agree.

With that, I shall end this 10,000th post. Thanks for reading and good luck to all participants in the contest.

(* I consider it ill-fated because: 1. Most people call me GDC, which defeats the point! 2. My website is rarely updated nowadays, so it's a PR fail! 3. The advertising revenue does not cover the running costs!)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Congratulations!

26 cards!
    Last edited by Jazz; 10-25-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    Feel free to transfer SC to account TJ Jazz or PM a Redeem code to me!
    http://www.shadowera.com/?r=2386460

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    171 I prob suck though
    Account for Gondorian to put SC into: Ronin Drizl

IGN: Ronin Drizl

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    BTW, you almost got me to count the vowels!

Also, that was a lot of flood we produced today, LOL!
    Last edited by Jazz; 10-25-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With 7 posts already - how come I am the only one to have congratulated Gondorian?!

BTW, what's next - 50000th post? I can calculate that it's gonna take 6 years at least to achieve that, oh my!

I wonder if anyone has EVER done that though!
    Last edited by Jazz; 10-25-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Contratulations on the 10,000th post!

I counted 178

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Huh, 27

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Grats GDC, I'm not sure I'll make 10k forum posts in my lifetime...counting all forums :P
    Last edited by Drizz'l; 10-25-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    Account for Gondorian to put SC into: Ronin Drizl

IGN: Ronin Drizl