Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sacred Martyr

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohen Gadol View Post
    Healing is not stalling. Rain Delay is stall. You can argue that Holy Shield is stall. But healing is different conceptually. In fact healing is probably the defining characteristic of priests or clerics in SE, D&D, or any fantasy game. Healing is what priests do.
    Well thanks for the explanation, I had no idea. And yet somehow, 90% of stall decks have healing and they will benefit from this card most
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    To clarify on how much healing would happen when an insta-kill card like Mind Control or Tidal Wave is used, it is the amount of health the ally had immediately before the kill happens. e.g. Opposing Jasmine is showing 3HP with Sacred Martyr on and you play Tidal Wave then opposing hero will heal 3 damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    To clarify on how much healing would happen when an insta-kill card like Mind Control or Tidal Wave is used, it is the amount of health the ally had immediately before the kill happens. e.g. Opposing Jasmine is showing 3HP with Sacred Martyr on and you play Tidal Wave then opposing hero will heal 3 damage.
    Same goes for allies with damage reduction? i have worm with 5 health and opp cast tidal so i heal 5? Or opp kills my worm with 7 attack - do I heal only 5?
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    Same goes for allies with damage reduction? i have worm with 5 health and opp cast tidal so i heal 5? Or opp kills my worm with 7 attack - do I heal only 5?
    Dealt damage is the damage that is causing the health to be lower than the default and the same damage that can be healed later to get back up to the default. Your worm would be dealt 5 damage (and be killed) and your hero would heal 5 damage.

It might be useful to imagine some damage tokens on the card that get dealt to it when it is dealt damage. This is one way to track the current health in the physical game - as the printed health minus damage tokens on the card.