Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Moonstalkers Clerics Mantle and Cleric of the Asyn OTK combo is very possible, I´ve seen it many times.
    I´ve seen 28 damage by Cleric in turn, and this Cleric was summoned that turn. So its 28 damage from scratch.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bring back Aramia Wisp. That was a very fast comboish deck, and pretty close to what you're looking for (big ass combo that was interactive and fast).

Personally I really liked that deck. It was strong but hardly unbeatable.

Also if you're after slower control yet OTK then they do exist in Feedbomb and Rothem. They're not perfect but they work.

One thing I've noticed is that people don't like solo-ish decks, people like playing allies and anything that prevents or goes against that ideal upsets them. Once again, there is no problem with them, you just need to play the meta and break them.

All that said, yes I want more than just the standard mid range ally beating attrition grind, burning your opponent out of threats before taking the board and game. Personally I think all archetypes should be present in a TCG, or at least partially viable. Everything from face beating rush to 50 turn stall should be achievable once the card pool is big enough. Just because you may not like a particular way of playing doesn't mean your opponent or other players feel the same way.

Anyways, enough rambling
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When did Shadow Era become a slow game? Have you ever played Scrolls?
    I only see stall, rush or imbalance in QM. If they would ban super slow/stallish decks like mill stalker or solo Jericho nobody could ever complain about game pace.
    In MTG there are combo decks that kill you in few turns but the opponent rarely gets a chance to avoid them. While game mechanics make it a bit slower than SE... Shadow Era has back and forth for board control that may lead to longer games, but if we also remove them there would be not much left to prefer Shadow Era over other TCGs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    In MTG there are combo decks that kill you in few turns but the opponent rarely gets a chance to avoid them.
    In type 1 there is nothing else except 1st turn kills, im not joking. Its literally who goes first wins automaticly.
    Also, in type 2, there has been occasions when 2-3 turn wins were possible. Best part is, in MTG you only need a 1 low end rare + bunch of commons to be able to pull of a 1st turn win
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Bring back Aramia Wisp. That was a very fast comboish deck, and pretty close to what you're looking for (big ass combo that was interactive and fast).

Personally I really liked that deck. It was strong but hardly unbeatable.

Also if you're after slower control yet OTK then they do exist in Feedbomb and Rothem. They're not perfect but they work.

One thing I've noticed is that people don't like solo-ish decks, people like playing allies and anything that prevents or goes against that ideal upsets them. Once again, there is no problem with them, you just need to play the meta and break them.

All that said, yes I want more than just the standard mid range ally beating attrition grind, burning your opponent out of threats before taking the board and game. Personally I think all archetypes should be present in a TCG, or at least partially viable. Everything from face beating rush to 50 turn stall should be achievable once the card pool is big enough. Just because you may not like a particular way of playing doesn't mean your opponent or other players feel the same way.

Anyways, enough rambling
    That's a bit extremely ridiculous fast. T4 your opp is getting hit by a wisp 6-10 atk minion by t3 .__. I'm more a fan of slower combos like Rothem or Feedbomb yeah or stuff like in HS or Yugioh where things work with a lot of set up. (Yugioh might be an exception)

Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    When did Shadow Era become a slow game? Have you ever played Scrolls?
    I only see stall, rush or imbalance in QM. If they would ban super slow/stallish decks like mill stalker or solo Jericho nobody could ever complain about game pace.
    In MTG there are combo decks that kill you in few turns but the opponent rarely gets a chance to avoid them. While game mechanics make it a bit slower than SE... Shadow Era has back and forth for board control that may lead to longer games, but if we also remove them there would be not much left to prefer Shadow Era over other TCGs
    Victor says hi. Games for me usually take like 10-30 minutes and at least an hour if I deal with Millstalker but the whole back and forth board control is disappearing tbh since its pretty easy to put your opp in a bad situation to a point where they can't come back at all.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A Raikka did a one turn KO (with change, 30+ damage) on a priest with KP on. There was a thread.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seen it. Too inconsistent to impress.
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wasn't for them at first (after seeing Rothem's OTKO) but after playing other card games since leaving SE for awhile, I can say that if they are done right these decks can be very interesting to fight against. In hearthstone for example, if I'm playing against what I believe to be an Oil Rouge (a deck that can make very high attack power weapons and allies in the same turn), I try to save specific cards such as a taunt (similar to protector) or secret (similar to a trap) that would throw a cog in their plans if played a the right moment. Not to mention all the other tiny little steps you can take during the match to prevent the combo in the first place. All without teching for it too much. I wouldn't mind seeing such things in Shadow Era, honestly. (RIP Aramia Wisp )
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Combo Lance, while more of a lock than an OTK, might be something that you're interested in. I can't say it's playable with all the priests around, but it sure is an interesting deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Combo Lance as in dumping a bunch of stuff on Irina or Knights to deal 10+ dmg? Tried it.
    Greatness, Reborn