Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Remove & Destroy Difference please?

Can someone from design team please explain the difference between remove and destroy? After reading Jericho's ability description I don't believe Disrupt Aura activating lingering essence is a glitch, if it was, Jericho's ability would be operating incorrectly as well because Lingering Essense clearly says "if an attachment is targeted and destroyed" and Jericho's ability "removes", yet everytime he removes an attachment with LE attached, he heals 3 and gains 1 shadow energy. Therefore Disrupt Aura removing attachments is no different than Jericho removing an attachment, DA just return the attachment to your hand. Embers of the just also says "if targeted and destroyed" also and works with Jericho's removal ability. Jericho and DA both "remove", sever ties however states, "target attached card is destroyed", but they all work the same.

Disrupt Aura should activate Embers of the Just's ability too!
    Last edited by Capo 9; 07-05-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    "Corruption of the soul is a fate that befalls the weak."

{IGN} Capo 9~ Enlisted{2}Endure {E2E}

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Disrupt Aura doesn't say "remove" anywhere in it's card text so I don't really follow.

But yeah, the text on Jericho is worded according to something that's not the rules.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Disrupt Aura doesn't say "remove" anywhere in it's card text so I don't really follow.

But yeah, the text on Jericho is worded according to something that's not the rules.
    Your right but what does it do? Returning it to it's owners hand, is it not removing it? It was removed and returned, obviously. I suppose it doesn't need to say removed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "Remove" shouldn't be in any card text in the game because it's not present in the rules text, nor does the only card stating "remove" in it's card text tell what it means.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "Remove" shouldn't be in any card text in the game because it's not present in the rules text, nor does the only card stating "remove" in it's card text tell what it means.
    Jericho is locked to it. Can't change it! So my theory is that everything is working well in my opinion. The reason they made LE was to help Jericho, yet if we go by the law of letters, his ability doesn't actually destroy.

Zail's Hymn has remove in it's card text...it's all a mess.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Has Wulven ever been good at writing rules text?

If Lingering Essence was made to help Jericho's ability, then Jericho's ability effectively says "destroy" instead of "remove". In that same sense, the interaction between Disrupt Aura and Lingering Essence is bugged because the rules text on Disrupt Aura states neither "destroy" or "remove".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Has Wulven ever been good at writing rules text?

If Lingering Essence was made to help Jericho's ability, then Jericho's ability effectively says "destroy" instead of "remove". In that same sense, the interaction between Disrupt Aura and Lingering Essence is bugged because the rules text on Disrupt Aura states neither "destroy" or "remove".
    Yes but returning in my opinion is the same as removing, If I give u something and take it back, the item I gave you was returned to me, but removed from you. Disrupt Aura should activate embers of the just ability too.

If they haven't printed those particular DP cards, I guess it's not too late to change the descriptions. LE should say if removed or destroyed. DA should say is removed and returned to owners hand.
    Last edited by Capo 9; 07-05-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's not based on opinions, though. It has to be in rules text in one way or another for it to be valid.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's not based on opinions, though. It has to be in rules text in one way or another for it to be valid.
    Where is the design team?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Capo 9 View Post
    Where is the design team?
    Hi.