Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

3 most unused cards : REMASTERED | balancing ideas!

Hey guys , i was wondering if you agree with me that Wulven have worked and made beautiful art in these cards that are COMPLETELY useless in any kind of deck .

I am talking about : Urgent business , Drain power , Selfishness . I think that those cards are the most unused (Tell me if i am wrong)

So lets get to the point of this thread :

Urgent business :

Cast cost : 2 (Thats perfect)

Ability : Heroes can't attack until the end of your next turn
    Well , what is this card good for? Gain 1 round against Amber? What more? Save your life?

I taught like this : Why not make that the OPPOSING hero cannot attack nor use his ability during his next turn . I think that will make it ALOT better and abit more used that it is actually .

Drain power :

Cast cost : 3 (Too much for the current effect)

Ability: Target opposing hero loses 1 shadow energy and can't activate its hero ability until the start of your next turn

What you use this card for ? At turn 3 you can send out a gargoyle or a Jasmine ... This is a deck place burner in my opinion , unused and LOW

What to make it better ? Well first of all i taught that it would make it ALOT better if you gained something for using the card ... I had the idea that it makes everything that it currently does but add : Your hero gains 1 shadow energy or 1 card .

Selfishness :

Cast cost : 2 (Good CC)

Ability : Target opposing ally looses protector and defender , and can't be targeted by it's controller while Selfishness is attached .

I used it once in my Ter adun deck and it saved my life! Crippling blow + Selfishness on Aeon = PERFECT! But the problem is , that it's completey , COMPLETELY useless VS some decks .
    The only cards that can be affected by this : Birgitte , Aeon , Warriored trained ally , Cobra demon , Dark Flayer ... Appart from Aeon mostly of them are unused or rarely used ...

How to make it better Mr.RakOOn? My opinion is to make that this card makes an ally loose everything written under the art . So for example : Attach this to Nightshade = He looses ambush + stealth , use this on Plasma behemoth = He looses his ability until this card dissapears by Sever ties

So that's it ! What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading!
    My "best" homemade decks : Graveyard raiser (Gravebone) Wrath of Erika | Boris deck
    My card ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    My badass skeleton mask is scaring off most people but it's gonna be difficult to eat through it, so there will be a brief period where my innocent face and bewildered expression shows I'm just a vulnerable tourist with a badass mask.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First, there will be no more rebalancing of cards.

Second, two of these are neutral cards. They are supposed to be fairly weak.

Third, your suggestion for Selfishness is incredibly OP. While it would be useable on fewer allies than Warriors Crippling Blow, it would be far more devastating to the ally and the player. And, given that Selfishness is a faction card while Crippling Blow is a class card, Crippling Blow is supposed to be significantly more powerful

Fourth, one of the goals that the Design Team has stated is to make sure there are no useless cards, and that they would try to make cards that would encourage the use of previously underplayed cards.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How the heck is that going to work with Drain power? To make new cards to balance it?
    My "best" homemade decks : Graveyard raiser (Gravebone) Wrath of Erika | Boris deck
    My card ideas
    My badass skeleton mask is scaring off most people but it's gonna be difficult to eat through it, so there will be a brief period where my innocent face and bewildered expression shows I'm just a vulnerable tourist with a badass mask.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Vsing a moonstalker, a drain power can help to stop it's ablilty. Then you can whack and kill him.
    -~- Proud Member of Team Juggernaut -~-

Smashing All Odd,
    Making Miracle..
    Signing Off,
    TJ TheNewbie..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Still , who uses it? Do you really have it in your decks? Not sure about that HMM
    My card ideas

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just cause nobody is using it atm in QM decks doesn't make it useless. They are decent cards to use when teching for certain matchups. And who says there won't be cards coming that can make them more attractive.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by RakOOn View Post
    Still , who uses it? Do you really have it in your decks? Not sure about that HMM
    i used to use Drain Power. then i figured PoTL was better since it subtracts 1 se and puts an ally on the field. very powerful for the same cost. however, there are times when Drain Power is better. it's just that, those times are so few and the meta right now doesn't really need Drain Power. we don't know what'll happen in succeeding expansions. Urgent Business and Selfishness also has its uses. its just that game play in SE is so tempo-based that these cards aren't very much appreciated. but i assure you, if we see a Protector that is very hard to remove, you will see Selfishness in play.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you're thinking incredibly short term. come future installments of SE, there will be combos you do NOT want your opponent to pull off, making drain power incredibly useful.

also, you ARE getting something. you are getting SE advantage. there's a reason player 2 gets to start generating SE first: to (attempt to) balance out player 1 advantage. being able to disable any hero ability, as well as set their tempo back, is an advantage.
    85-Card mini-set: Gate of the Steelbound.

So you want to take a poll? ∙ Affectionate TVTransvestite TwinRacist CowBag of Dicks

The pen is mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words.
    Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts.
    Sometimes a little chaos is in order.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In any tcg, some cards will look useless compared to other cards, at least due to the meta.
    (who knows, maybe Urgent business might be a poppular card in anyone's sideboard.)

IMO the SE design team has done a pretty good job so far in not releasing completely useless cards (e.g. like those normal monsters in yu-gi-oh with low power/toughness).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The low powered monsters with no skills in YGO are not useless. They are the raw material for summoning 6-7 stared ones without having to sacrifice your 5 stared and the 2-3 stared ones with effects.