4 Pack Wolf

ITEMS/ABILITIES:

4 Captured Prey
    4 Now You're Mine
    2 Shriek of Vengeance
    3 Sacrificial Lamb
    4 Wrath of the Forest
    4 Jeweler's Dream

A main goal of this deck is speed, being able to outpace or at least keep pace with your opponent. Lots of cheaper allies, coupled with resource acceleration from JD allows you to often put out 2 or 3 allies per turn.

In order to do that though you need to be able to draw lots of cards. For that there are three different options, each providing you cards from different scenarios. Wrath of the Forest will help you to replace an ally for every one that is killed while also providing some defense. Wulven Tracker hidden behind a MS provides both card draw and offense at the same time. And lastly, Sacrificial Lamb will make sure you can still make use out of an ally that has been neutralized by cripple, disable, etc.

This deck contains cards that can provide benefits against multiple heroes in order to have a fair chance against almost anyone.

Infernal Gargoyle can be used to break DoU's while hiding behind MS and also to force Mages to use more than one ability to get rid of him. Can also survive Hunter's arrows.

Bad Wolf can also survive arrows, and provide another way to whittle durability off of many weapons. Attack enemy hero, and then hide him with MS while he heals to do it again.

DMT is useful for sniping around armors and stealthed enemies.

Shriek is best used to counter enemy draw engines. Primarily, a Mage's Research or a Hunter's/Wulven's WotF. Can also be useful for Black Garb's.

JD provides excellent resource acceleration so that you can operate with lower resources. Helps to keep more cards in your hand as opposed to saccing. It's also useful to run durability off of weapons and armors, especially Black Garb.

Give it a few games, I think it can be a really fun deck to play. Comments and such are of course welcomed.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would consider dropping shriek in favor of Acid Jet. I say acid instead of LLN because you obviously are going for a low curve, and Acid's 1 cost less lets you maintain that and still take out weapons/armor of any cost. Otherwise, solid build.
    Are you considering a Sideboard for it at all?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupua View Post
    I would consider dropping shriek in favor of Acid Jet. I say acid instead of LLN because you obviously are going for a low curve, and Acid's 1 cost less lets you maintain that and still take out weapons/armor of any cost. Otherwise, solid build.
    Acid Jet doesn't help against Research etc. Shriek is more flexible in that it can target more than just weapons/armors.

As far as sideboards, Sacrificial Lamb provides probably the most limited uses and would be the best choice to replace it for cards that would be more beneficial to you. In the last tourney I used it in, I replaced it with Regenerations since I knew I was playing against Mages. It yielded wins against a GB and extremely close games against an Elad that barely edged me out and eventually took second place overall. Could also be replaced with more item destruction if you should find yourself paired with Gwen or any other heavy item users.
    Last edited by Nizaris; 02-25-2012 at 09:15 PM.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd hesitate to say "more" felxible. It can't target 5+ armors/weapons; maybe it's just me but knocking these out are going to swing more games than getting the odd utility ability off the field. Just my opinion though, the build still looks fantasically solid!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd hesitate to say "more" felxible. It can't target 5+ armors/weapons; maybe it's just me but knocking these out are going to swing more games than getting the odd utility ability off the field. Just my opinion though, the build still looks fantasically solid!
    I suppose you're right. Allow me to be more direct then, Shriek is for Research! Mages are going to be THE toughest matchups, and thus Shriek is there to disrupt their pace. The "flexible" part is that I can also use it against other heroes.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I also like the idea of shriek, the card cost your running is low enough.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First MS ive seen that doesn't rely on behemoth. Looks really good, something a bit different too
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm trying to come to terms with no PB.

Hang on.

Okay, there we go.

Anyway, really really like the concept here. How reliable do you find the card draw? It's obviously the key to the deck, so it would be a big target.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I would keep shriek. The idea is to ensure the ms has more draw than the opponent and shriek takes out tome, WoFT, igg, wiz staff.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrl View Post
    I'm trying to come to terms with no PB.

Hang on.

Okay, there we go.

Anyway, really really like the concept here. How reliable do you find the card draw? It's obviously the key to the deck, so it would be a big target.
    Well as with almost any source of draw, there are counters to them. WotF can be destroyed, WT can be killed, and Sac Lamb requires an ally. But that is why a quarter of the deck provides draw of some sort, and it provides it from different angles. Plus it's all unilateral, which is even better.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Greatness, Reborn