Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Make Warr Byrd an Avatar!

In my 2,000th post, I said that once Wulven provided support for the larger forum avatars, I would hold a contest to design my forum avatar. Well, now it's three months and 500 posts later, and I've moved from roughly 40th top poster to 25th. Since the larger avatars are going to be Soon™ rather than soon, I'm going to go ahead and have the contest NOW!

Rules
    1) Each person may submit up to three images. They do not need to be in the same post, but it would be appreciated. If you submit a fourth image, you must remove one of your previous submissions.
    2) Images should relate to either Shadow Era or my Forum name in some way.
    3) I think this goes without saying, but please keep all submissions tasteful.
    4) You have one month from the time of this post to make your submissions.
    5) Should larger avatar support be released before the end of the contest, I will extend the deadline by two weeks.
    6) You are free to ask me any questions about my name or my feelings/opinions about Shadow Era to help design the avatar. I will not answer questions about my personal life outside of Shadow Era, nor offer opinions on artwork.

After the deadline has closed, I will select my favorite 10 avatars, and Stage 2 will start! That's right, Stage 2! And you get to participate again! I will be opening a poll for two weeks containing my 10 favorite avatar choices, and the forum will have the chance to vote for my avatar! (If, by some chance, there are fewer than 10 submissions, all of them will proceed to Stage 2).

Now, obviously, there has to be some incentive for people to submit some art. So, let me announce the prizes:

Everyone who submits an avatar will have the choice of either 150 Shadow Crystals or a redeemable code for between 100 and 200 Shadow Crystals. Play it safe with the 150, or gamble for the 200!

Everyone who makes it to the final 10 will receive an additional 1,000 Shadow Crystals, as well as a mention at the end of my signature.

The individual who gets the most votes will receive an additional 1,000 Shadow Crystals (for a total of 2,000, plus their reward from Stage 1), have their submission as my avatar for a minimum of six months, and be credited in the first line of my signature.

To save some time, the crystal rewards for submitting images and for making the final 10 will be submitted to support all at once when the poll for Stage 2 is posted. Those who choose to receive a redeemable code will have it PM'ed to them at the same time.

And yes, this is actually my 2,500th post, I'm making a large number of posts in the PFG these days so you probably won't see all 2,500 if you look and my post count will probably change by the time you read this.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    as for your avatar what do you think of Barney?
    If you are referring to the purple dinosaur, I was obsessed as a little kid and can't stand him now. That said, I can take a joke and a tasteful, well-done reference may still have a shot at making Stage 2.

or what is your favorite show/ game ?
    My real life situation drastically limits my personal time. So Shadow Era is really the only game I play these days. As for show, I'd be hard pressed to choose a favorite, but I watch Once Upon a Time, Doctor Who, Orphan Black, Defiance, and Marvel Agents of SHIELD.

what is your favorite color
    Red and black.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikola D View Post
    Warr Byrd can you explain how you came up with your forum name?
    Good question. When I was younger, I was very temperamental and aggressive, and tended to think of myself as a bird or dragon. A lot of my early escapes from reality tended to reference this in some way. As I got older, I began to mellow out, and War Bird began to shift more towards something that might be a person's name. War became Warr, a sort of contraction of Warren (which is not related in any way to my real name), and Bird became Byrd, which is actually a last name of people, but I don't think I'm related to any of them. Although I wouldn't mind being related to Richard Byrd.

Quote Originally Posted by nerull7 View Post
    Which style do you prefer most? photo realistic, classic art or fantasy art?
    I prefer fantasy art the most. I don't like photorealistic that much as a general rule since I can usually tell it isn't a photo, and if I wanted it that realistic I would just take a photo.
    Last edited by Warr Byrd; 11-13-2013 at 06:10 PM.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gratz on the 2,500th!

Subscribed to see Warr Byrd's avatar :P

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'll have a think!

Congrats on the milestone and the realisation that everyone should have an avatar!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great milestone achievement. Majority are quality posts too.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good idea WB

I'll try to look for some cool bird images to post later

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    gratz on milestone. as for your avatar what do you think of Barney? or what is your favorite show/ game ? what is your favorite color
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very cool Byrdy! I'll get lil kips crayons and markers out and we'll get back here with a winner!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    Very cool Byrdy! I'll get lil kips crayons and markers out and we'll get back here with a winner!
    You are making work your underage daughter!

*Colosal is calling 911*

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, it's not exactly Shadow Era related, but it's a rather nasty looking battle ready avian.

Something I threw together a few weeks back.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!