Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

BlanketEffect & Company's New Card Ideas

So, I am always thinking up new cards, but posting them one at a time on the forum here can be tedious, and they get lost in the shuffle. As such, I started creating a bunch of them on the A1 internal forums and then, with the feedback and suggestions of the other guild members, tweaked and adjusted for balance and usefulness.

That said, I give you the current list of card ideas that I/we feel are relatively balanced, and will work within the framework of Shadow Era's current mechanics. (The only sad part is that there is no way to test them in real life)

Feedback and thoughts welcomed!

Neutral:

Arturro, the Recurring
    Neutral Ally - Unique
    Cost: (2)
    Attack: 1
    Health: 1
    Haste
    If Arturro is put into any graveyard from play, immediately put him into play under the opposing player's control as though he were just summoned.

Human:

Field Medic
    Human Ally
    Health: 2
    Combat damage dealt to other allies you control is reduced by 1.

Subtle Decoy
    Human Ally
    Cost: (1)
    Attack: 0
    Your allies lose Protector. Enemy heroes and allies may only attack Subtle Decoy.
    "It was just some sticks and stuffing, but you know them zombies ain't too bright."

Beacon of the Sun
    Human Item - Artifact
    Cost: (5)
    Heroes cannot gain shadow energy.

Shadow:

Waking Nightmare
    Shadow Ability - Support
    Until the beginning of your next turn, whenever an ally is killed, that ally's controller discards a card at random.
    "The reality is worse than the dream."

Onyx Guard
    Shadow Ally
    Cost: (4)
    Attack: 3
    Health: 3
    Enemy heroes take 1 damage at the end of your turn.

Harbinger of Shadows
    Shadow Ally
    Health: 5
    When Harbinger of Shadows is summoned, both players lose 2 shadow energy.
    When Harbinger of Shadows is killed, both players gain 2 shadow energy.

(Note: Players only lose the 2 shadow energy when it is summoned, not simply when it enters play)

Norsa, the False Prophet
    Shadow Ally - Unique
    Attack: 5
    Haste; When Norsa enters play, discard your hand. When Norsa is killed, your opponent discards a random card from their hand.

(Note: Haste only functions when the ally is summoned, and not when simply entering play, as with Gravebone's ability)

Ebony Acolyte
    Shadow Ally
    Cost: (3)
    Attack: 2
    When Ebony Acolyte is summoned, you lose 1 life and gain one shadow energy.

Haunting Wraith
    Shadow Ally
    Health: 1
    Haunting Wraith is Hidden (cannot be targeted by abilities or attacks)

(Note: This includes being your own abilities, so no playing Surprise Attack on him )

Shadow Capacitor
    Shadow Item - Artifact
    At the beginning of your turn, Shadow Capacitor gains (1SE).
    If Shadow Capacitor leaves play, lose life equal to the amount of shadow energy stored on it.
    (0), Sacrifice Shadow Capacitor: Your hero gains (xSE)

(Note: (xSE) is the amount of shadow energy stored on the Capacitor at the time of its destruction - You will always lose life from it, whether sacrificed or by an enemy destroying it. However, you will only gain shadow energy if you sacrifice it)

Priest:
    Tithe
    Priest Ability
    Sacrifice an undamaged ally: You gain 1 resource.

Selfless Martyr
    Priest Ally
    Whenever Selfless Martyr is killed, restore all of your spent resources.

Delicate Harmony
    Priest Ability - Support
    If you control no allies, destroy Delicate Harmony. Allies cannot attack.

Warrior:

Forced Exodus
    Warrior Ability
    Cost: (6)
    Return all allies to their owner's hand. Any allies that cannot be returned due to maximum hand size are killed instead.

(Note: This would select the allies to return in a random order)

Double Strike
    Warrior Ability - Support
    Until the start of your next turn, combat involving your hero is resolved as normal, and then your hero makes an additional attack or counterattack, if able.

(Note: Additional attacks would still use up durability, as applicable)

Battle Fatigue
    Warrior Ability - Support
    All enemy allies are exhausted until the beginning of your next turn.

Hunter:

Back to the Primitive
    Hunter Ability - Support
    For the next 3 turns, all allies lose all abilities and have base attack and health equal to their cost.

Mage:

One Thousand Suns
    Mage Ability - Support
    Cost: (6)
    Details: Until the beginning of your next turn, all damage dealt, by all sources, is doubled.

Wulven:

Cull the Weak
    Wulven Ability
    Exhaust your hero: Destroy all allies with cost (3) or less. Destroy all cards in your support field.

Rabid Dog
    Wulven Ally
    Health: 8
    At the start of your turn, Rabid Dog gains 1 attack and loses 1 health. If Rabid Dog is killed, it deals 2 damage to both heroes.

Elemental:

Essence Harvester
    Elemental Item - Artifact
    Whenever a friendly ally is killed during your turn, you gain 1SE.

Essence Dynamo
    (1), remove the top 2 cards of your graveyard from the game: Draw a card.

Molecular Rearrangement
    Elemental Ability
    Destroy target enemy ally. That ally's controller puts a random ally from their deck into play.

Synaptic Overload
    Elemental Ability
    Discard your hand. Your opponent randomly discards an equal number of cards from their hand. Draw a card.

Siphon Worlds
    Elemental Ability - Support
    Any time you do not have more resources than your opponent, destroy Siphon World.
    At the beginning of your turn, your hero gains 1 life. At the beginning of your opponent's turn, their hero takes 1 damage.

(Note: This is a support card, as it has a duration; that duration being until the triggering condition is met)

Gravity Well
    Players may not draw more than one card per turn.

Weapon & Armor:

Dragonscale Platmail
    Armor - Warrior/Priest
    Cost (4)
    Armor: 3
    Durability: 3
    "It doesn't come in fancy colors, but there's nothing tougher!"

Aegis of the Meek
    Armor - Warrior/Priest
    Defense: 1
    So long as you control exactly one ally, all damage dealt to your hero is reduced to 0.

(Note: Attacks against your hero will still result in a loss of armor durability)

The Bloody Rose
    Weapon - Priest
    Cost: (3)
    Attack: 4
    Durability: 1
    Details: At the end of your turn, destroy The Bloody Rose.

Twilight's Caress
    Weapon - Rogue
    Cost (3)
    Twilight's Caress has +1 attack while you control Night Prowler.
    Allies defending against your hero lose defender.
    Any ally damaged in combat by your hero is killed.
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 05-08-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If it's your idea reworked with A1, it must be good..

I'm too tired (day work) to read all these english words.. I'll give you feedbacks tomorrow.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow, I love these ideas! They all really cool
    Aegis of the meek might need a rework though... In combination with night shade, or any new allies with similar abilities it would be really annoying.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Those are awesome suggestions!

One thousand suns looks so powerful!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    Aegis of the meek might need a rework though... In combination with night shade, or any new allies with similar abilities it would be really annoying.
    That was kind of the ideal usage case for it. Keep in mind that the armor can be destroyed and still loses durability when it's attacked, and having 0 allies makes the armor stop preventing damage as well. Having a Nightshade + Aegis would in no way be some kind of invincibility lock.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    a better wording of the 'forced exodus' card would be "Each player chooses a random ally they own in play and returns it to their hand. This continues until each player's hand size is full. Any remaining allies are killed."

it would work out better in a real life card situation. the random function needs to be explicitly stated on the card, or people will let fly the dreaded "IT'S NOT ON THE CARD SO I DON'T HAVE TO DO IT" excuse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

also, technically, siphon worlds doesn't really have a duration, just a destruction condition. if i wanted to be REALLY technical, it does have a duration, but it's duration is X, where X is an in-game condition, something that every other support ability in the game doesn't have (they all have X being a length of time. they are easily quantifiable, whereas siphon worlds is highly variable), however the ascendants DO have this stipulation (X being when they are picked off by a rival ascendant)...and they just happen to be artifacts.

if i didn't want to be technical, i would just say siphon worlds sounds and acts a hell of a lot more like an artifact than an ability. it sounds like that thing from transformers that eats suns and craps energon. slowly taking away their life to give you life...
    Last edited by Ekoz; 05-04-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    85-Card mini-set: Gate of the Steelbound.

So you want to take a poll? ∙ Affectionate TVTransvestite TwinRacist CowBag of Dicks

The pen is mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words.
    Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts.
    Sometimes a little chaos is in order.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You COULD change the name to "World Siphon" and make it an artifact. Issue solved. (Although, I mostly made it a support vs artifact because of the card name, haha.) Edit: However, see my next post.

Oh, and while it had absolutely nothing to do with the Transformers thing you mentioned, I'll agree, that is totally the kind of "idea" behind it.
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 05-05-2012 at 03:51 AM.
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    However, on second thought, I would disagree with your comparison to the Ascendants. They have no stipulation. They don't automatically get destroyed when the other comes into play; they CAN exist side by side. So, there is no trigger, only one's effect, which must be activated, to destroy the other.

Secondly, just because the first set hasn't covered every possible idea and variable for a "support" card's expiration, it does not mean that a triggered event cannot be the "quantifiable" measure you speak of. The trigger is COMPLETELY quantifiable. "When X is not > Y, destroy this card."
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 05-05-2012 at 03:32 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At the expense of possibly sounding argumentative, Ekoz, I must respectfully disagree with you about Forced Exodus, also.

Even in the real game, the mechanic is very fluid and simple. I play it, you have 4 allies on the board and 5 cards in hand - room for 2 of those 4 cards. You gather up the 4 cards, turn them face down and shuffle them about. I pull 2, at random, from that little stack. Those ones go to your hand. The remaining two are placed in the graveyard.

I don't wanna sound closed-minded about things, I just want to illustrate that we've worked and discussed a LOT of the obvious (and, some not so obvious) problems that the cards might have. It just so happens that all of your objections are things we've already discussed/thought of/resolved.

The only one I'm not totally comfortable with is Molecular Rearrangement, and that's solely because for the physical game, it would likely be problematic to pull out every ally from your deck, shuffle them, choose one randomly to put into play, and then shuffle them back into your library... EVERY TIME someone played the card against you. However, this would be absolutely no problem for the digital iteration. But, SE is a dual-format game, and so cards need to be workable in both analog as well as digital versions.
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 05-05-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Walking nightmare would be a tad too powerful in a zaladar deck. Turn 5 cast, zap zap kills 2 allies and empties opponent's hand.