Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Retreat! We are experiencing Rain Delay due to a Bad Santa

Final Update: 18th December 2011

I have been playing Shadowera for a few months, and as a MTG player in the past, I have noticed that Shadowera has quite a few unique aspects which deserve some mention for noobs somewhere. Being a noob myself, I would also like to encourage better players to comment and add to this collection.

This was written a while back, when I was still a little more naive that I could compile all my tips in one place, so I've decided to spread them out.

1. Usage: After cast, prevents your allies from attacking, your opponent's allies during his next turn and ends after preventing your allies from attacking the turn after. Thus, making it a terrible card by itself as it "ends" the delay with you, allowing your opponent to initiate the next engagement

2. Obviously, attack with any allies BEFORE casting it.

3. Works well with Misplaced (See Misplaced), and countered by your opponent's Misplaced. It can also be destroyed by any "destroy target item" like Destroy Arms and Stop, Thief! and Ter Adun's ability (rotate your camera to face the card.)

4. Note that only ALLIES are unable to attack during the rain, so heroes are free to attack.

5. Rain Delay prevents Mind Control from being cast, and reduces Rabid Bite to an exhaust target ally for 1 turn card.

6. Works well with offensive ability allies, as they are able to use their abilities to fire at opponents despite the rain.(e.g. Plasma Behemoth, DMT)

1. Usage: Santa bombing (ho ho ho), is where you cast your BS when the opponent cannot receive much from the cards.
    Example:
    You start first, you cast 1cc card
    Opponent does not cast a spell during his turn
    You cast bs, giving your opponent a card that was going to be his either way after his card draw, while you receive 3 fresh ones, and will receive another by your natural card draw

2. In late game, when you have multiple resources in play, able to source for key cards by playing 1 or even two BS in a row, just to get that key card. Card advantage is generally not achieved while doing this, but it is a worthy exchange most of the time

3. When you cast a BS just before you end your turn, there's a chance you end up with a full hand. While this prevents your next draw, it also prevents any cards in play from returning to your hand, thus countering Retreat!, Misplaced, etc.

1. Usage: can be cast on any 4cc and below item located at the item box, which is located behind the ally box.

2. Best plays: Target rain delays, Full Moon, Amber buffed Jeweler's Dream to create openings for your allies.

3. Most well known to recycle your own rain delay, which effectively allows you to protect allies by
    Turn 1: cast ally + rain delay,
    Turn 2: misplace rain delay, attack with allies, Re-cast rain delay.

4. On a lesser used note, also able to recycle Portals and your own weapons.

5. Used to disrupt their card draw by targeting opponent bazaar, Research.
    ALWAYS use before Bad Santa. You are unable to return a card if the opponent or you have a full hand of 7 cards
    Using it before Bad Santa reduces the number of new cards that the opponent may get.

1. Usage: Used to return target ally to its owner's hand.

2. NOTE that it is to its owner's hand, thus any ally that was initially yours that was stolen through a transference or Dimensional Ripper, can be retreated back to your own hand

3. When to target your own ally:
    • To remove opponent's ability that was once on ally
    • PREFERABLY can be cast out immediately after being returned.
    • Extremely dmged ally that would die next turn (Aeon comes to mind)
    • Your ally has a strong "come into play" ability, like Lily Rosecult
    • Your ally has haste, like Kris or due to a Portal, has already attacked, and you return him with sufficient resource to recast him during the same turn. Essentially allowing your ally to attack twice.
      Special mention, goes to a kris in a Warrior deck, complete with King's Pride (+2), War Banner (+1) and aldon (+1), thus creating a 5/2 rampaging punk-ass Kris.

4. When to target your opponent's ally:
    • Return ally to slow down opponent's momentum
    • DO NOTto return extremely low cc allies, especially Kris (for obvious reasons)
    • DO NOT return allies which have strong "come into play" abilities, like Dark Knight and Belladonna. Only in worst, worst case scenario.
    • To prevent opponent card draw. (See Bad Santa)

Please give me more comments and tips and I will add them to the thread accordingly.
    Last edited by wreon; 12-22-2011 at 05:42 PM.

World Championships 2nd Place Flycheung's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rain Delay:

1. Ally still able to use ability e.g. Death Mage Thaddeus and Plasma Behemoth.

Good initiative.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great project! Good to see

Another rain delay combo: Ter Adun can actually destroy his own rain delay if you hit the camera button to be able to click on it. Works a bit like misplacing your own rain delay
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rain delay negates MC? Wow, didn't know that before. Cool knowledge, thank you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwei View Post
    Rain delay negates MC? Wow, didn't know that before. Cool knowledge, thank you!
    Actually, so does skullborn. I think its infuriating when a 1cc card counters the best card in elementals lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    MC is in no way the best card imo.

ED is much more scary.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeh ED can really give you a nice advantage if you have a second ally on board to make the most of it
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I can honestly say I've lost and won games solely because of ED.

MC, to a lesser degree. It has happened but eh. I intentionally play low atk spell allies when vs elem. Or under rain, etc.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ED is a messed up card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well sir, first of all...the title of this thread...

noobs...is kinda not suitable for beginners...seems like they're idiot...since you make this thread mainly for beginners...

try calling them newbies instead...
    there are differences there...i hope you already understand it very well, senior member...
    A Wulven

1.28 Boris & Darkclaw
    1.29 Darkclaw