Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Mode: Rarity?

I just read the post by GR3NADE about the new game mode and I found myself wondering about whether something similar could be the solution about the rarity of cards in SE. Anyone has any ideas about the subject? Like point system in deck building or something else?
    Last edited by Anurak; 11-28-2011 at 09:00 PM.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That would be neat. I know Magic has "Pauper" where only common cards are allowed. Some kind of points system would be nice. Or card count system: max 4 of any common, 3 of any common, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't quite understand: "the solution about rarity"

Is there a problem with rarity? Not trying to be difficult here, but I litterally don't understand what you mean :-p
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    I don't quite understand: "the solution about rarity"

Is there a problem with rarity? Not trying to be difficult here, but I litterally don't understand what you mean :-p
    The problem is that it has no meaning. Do we use it only to determine if a card should be worth 200 or 400 gold? If the auction system is implemented, then demand will determine how much each card will cost, which makes rarity obsolete. In other games a rare is harder to get. Here it means I have to pay 10 more games to buy it from the merchant. That is why I asked if anyone knows other online games who use similar systems. I think Urban Rivals uses something like that, but I only played 2 days 6 months ago, and I don't remember clearly.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think they were thinking it in a way that buying 4x a certain epic card will get you a while so you'll not see it in every battle. But that only works when cards are released on mass like on release. If you wanted to have 4x Aeon, you had to play a bit, except of course those who bought shadow crystals. Now that i takes like a month or so for 10 cards you have gold sitting there to spend on the second they get released so it doesn't have a meaning.

Although most of the times it is also used as a hierarchy thing. Epic cards are more powerful than rares etc. But still, yes it doesn't make sense.

Maybe in the future some sets would be booster only so then it would make sense.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anurak View Post
    The problem is that it has no meaning. Do we use it only to determine if a card should be worth 200 or 400 gold? If the auction system is implemented, then demand will determine how much each card will cost, which makes rarity obsolete. In other games a rare is harder to get. Here it means I have to pay 10 more games to buy it from the merchant. That is why I asked if anyone knows other online games who use similar systems. I think Urban Rivals uses something like that, but I only played 2 days 6 months ago, and I don't remember clearly.
    Hmm, once the auction house is implemented it'll be important since the only influx of new cards will be through boosters, and as you know, epics ARE hard to get out of a booster. I think I've bought about 40 boosters, and that gave me I think about 5 epics. Maybe a little bit more, but it won't be much.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringel View Post
    That would be neat. I know Magic has "Pauper" where only common cards are allowed. Some kind of points system would be nice. Or card count system: max 4 of any common, 3 of any common, etc.
    That would be an awesome idea in the future, but that would require even more balancing, based on card rarity. Maybe it's just my opinion, but I think the game as a whole still needs more balancing before they work on different modes.