Ok, so you want to join a guild. You have heard a lot about A1, maybe seen the signatures, or read about Project Omega (or made use of Project Omega!) and you are wondering - what is A1 all about, and how do I join?
First, a bit of history. A1 was founded to be a guild for the elite. A place where the best players went to share their decks, play against each other, improve on their skills and knowledge and subsequently use their knowledge to advance that of other players. In the past we have had alliances with sister guilds, had prominent figures as part of our community (including many of the developers of the first set of cards!) and released many initiatives to help the SE community as a whole (such as GDC's deckbuilder project, which was released when he was a part of A1 with some help from A1 members). A1 has gone through many changes and we are now on our third leader in a new and exciting time in SE history with the first set on the brinks of release and with many new guilds challenging our position as the best.
For a list of all of our notable accomplishments, which showcases why A1 is the guild you should choose, please check our our Accomplishments thread at: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....978#post159978
We also have a website with all the information you need to know at: www.a1-alliance.org
Our objectives are thus:
1. To continue to improve the game and the community
a. As such, we have some exciting initiatives that are aimed at improving the general state of the game and the experience that everyone has playing Shadow Era. We have many new projects and project ideas that are coming along, including Project Omega
2. To continue to enjoy the game and be challenged by it
a. We welcome further competition from all guilds and hope to see more competitive play, more guild wars and more tournaments
b. A1 will remain a place of integrity and with the stance that bugs/exploits used to alter the course of a game (whether that be in quick match or tournament play) do not belong in A1
3. To continue to challenge the meta and stay a step ahead of it
a. We will continue to share our best decks with the community once we have built them (usually well ahead of everyone else/the meta) and have built counters to them. This is in the hopes that we can teach others how to deck craft and show them the strengths of each meta shift as it changes
b. We will continue to nurture a culture where we play test our best decks against each other and use our knowledge and time to come up with the very best decks and strategies possible.
4. To continue to share our knowledge and be challenged by fresh and exciting ideas
a. The A1 forums are a fun place to be, full of camaraderie, sharing of knowledge, advancement of ideas about the game, the future of the game, advanced tactics, deck discussion and how to go about giving back to the community. We want members that can add to this experience.
5. To continue to be the best of the best
a. We already have (and have had) some great players who have won, or placed second in, a lot of recent tournaments and we want this success to continue. As such, we are looking to recruit the more advanced players, deck builders and theorycrafters into our guild. You do not necessarily have to be the best at ALL of these things to be eligible as we recognise that it takes all three types of skillsets to contribute meaningfully to the deck, and we understand that some people are better at theorycrafting than deck building, while others may be better players (whether intuitively or otherwise) then theorycrafters and so on.
The expectations of our guild members are as follows:
1. That you have access to 4 x most of (if not all) of the cards or have the means to get all of the cards so that you can contribute to deck testing/crafting in a meaningful way
2. That you have a forum presence here before joining. A1 members are active members of the community and we want people who will contribute meaningfully to our forums.
3. That you respect our rules if you join. We don't have many, but the ones we are strict about include:
- Promoting A1 in a good light
- Adding our tagline into your signature
- Choosing a "persona" for your tagline
- Adding A1 to your in game name (IGN) and irc name
- Abiding by our rule that no A1 member shall ever use cheats/bugs/exploits to further their progress in the QM ladder, in competitive play (tournaments) or in the guild wars
4. That you join with the intention of sharing. We don't want leechers of our knowledge. We have our own forum where we share and test our best decks and strategies amongst each other and we want to continue to improve on our knowledge base and skill. Thus, we need members who are willing to share their knowledge, decks, ideas and skills
5. Having another talent outside of SE helps
- we have a talented bunch of people who can code, design websites, create forums, be artistic, troll and so forth. We want people with a diverse skill set that can help us out with future projects and participate in any way they can
6. That you respect our secrets by not sharing them with others if you happen to leave, or if you are just chatting to others in IRC/the forums etc
- our forum contains not only a wealth of information, but some test accounts that we keep secret so that we can test advanced decks in peace, as well as a joint A1 test account and a few bits and pieces that we ask you keep to yourself for your own advancement of the game.
7. Finally, that you want to have fun. A1 is a great place to hang out, with many people that you can count on and call friend. Before things get too serious, we want you to be able to step back and realise that this is a game and all of us are here to enjoy the game and each other's company
A1 has recently gone through changes with expanding its size by the addition of a sister guild, which is currently a very strong guild in its own right and shares almost everything with A1. The evolution of A1 has meant that we are no longer losing any members and are (and have been for some time) completely full. As such, until further notice, A1 is permanently closed to recruiting and is invite only.
We will only be inviting members from Acolytes of A1, unless there are exceptional circumstances. As such, we are no longer fielding any further expressions of interest here and we ask that if you are interested in joining the A1 family you head over here and join Acolytes.
Anyone interested please head over to the Acolyte recruitment thread, found here: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....342#post223342
HHHBK has taken over the leadership role at A1 for the foreseeable future as I am unable to commit the required time to manage such a large guild (I have some large exams to study for and will unfortunately busy until Octoberish).
Please direct all questions/guild related matters to him. Thanks