Close

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey ice

Really glad you replied to the thread. After reading your explanation that is exactly what I saw you do in pvp. What I liked about it was that you seemed so cool calm and collected. Like brushing off the fact that your majiya was down to half her hp and then suddenly swarming with your allies. It was definitely a good example of what you said about majiya being a mid game/ control deck.

Once I have enough crystals I might try it out. I'm still a clone whore lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I'm not sure I follow, Rebel.

Are you saying that killing four allies with one card isn't a 4 for 1 deal?

Or are you just saying that actually killing four allies with an Arcane Burst (or two allies with Lightning Strike) is so rare that you can't really count the card as a 4 for 1 (2 for 1 in the case of LS) most of the time?
    Right. A card that does double benefit for its cost is two for one. But what a card theoretically does is less important than what it actually does. I rarely see two of my allies killed with lightning strike, cause most have 4 or more health (jasmine, aldon, aeon) and if they don't have that much health (pwuen, blake, sandra) they've probably already done their job. usually i see strike kill 1 guy, and hit my mage for 3 useless damage. if it comes out later it doesn't even kill one guy (just damages two), let alone kill two guys.

and arcane burst usually kills 1 ally, hits one ally for 2, and hits the mage for 2. meh?

the cost to benefit isn't there, imo.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that you can't always think about the maximum potential of a card when including it in a deck (one of the reasons Arcane Burst isn't in my deck) or even when playing the card (playing it to strike a single target should only be done when there are no better plays, though). However, being aware of the maximum potential of a card and attempting to lead the game into a situation where you can achieve that potential isn't entirely unthinkable. I'll quote an example from my post on the first page:

Going first against Eladwen, you'll want to follow up your opponent's turn 2 ally with playing a turn 3 Here be Monsters. If it yields a second 2-cost ally, feel free to Lightning Strike them into oblivion.

@Obsolete: Thank you for your kind words. Replying to your thread was the least I could do.
    Last edited by Ice; 03-02-2011 at 11:58 PM.
    Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke

Let it be known that Majiya is my favorite hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Fair enough.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Alright, first game this evening.

Got matched up vs Ice, he's Majiya, has the first turn, I got a fairly mediocre hand, and he just played research, Here Be Monsters, and Portal for his first few turns (close to ideal I'd imagine).

So we'll see how it plays out..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Majiya + research is good.

His allies, not as much.

Halfway through I'd still say he's winning, but I'm pulling closer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would have smacked myself I hadn't won that, hehe.

GG Rebel.

Edit: Actually, ideal start is something closer to Research, HBM, HBM, HBM, HBM
    Last edited by Ice; 03-04-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    He did indeed beat me. Got behind too much early, then too many spells on my hero (inc. supernova, fireballs, lightnings, etc) with a plasmab to finish me off.

I had aeon and scrub out and him at only a few health so I win next turn, but couldn't last long enough.

Good game Ice.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aeon is a beast. Just wish Shadow had something on par with him.

Though after many times playing against Aeon, I've learned to try to save a Belladonna and a Fireball for his arrival. Hopefully his overall power level will diminish somewhat with the arrival of the new cards.
    Last edited by Ice; 03-04-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the problem is if you have been sandra'd even once you wont be able to get rid of him in time even if you are holding bella and fireball. even if you have double fireball your tempo is gone and the next turn your opponent will board control.

if portal is nerfed shadow mages will need some help. there is no reason to play them without portal at the moment.