Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 1.28 sadness

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with your point of view, itunes on a countless number of excellent software, and why they can keep updated in a timely manner, while the exception of SE updates have been slow to keep up the pace?
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    I disagree, Wulven know the turnaround time is slow for apple. If they fail to take that into consideration when planning that is not apples problem, it is in fact Wulvens problem.

My question is not, who is to blame here, it is in fact, does wulvern care/support IOS anymore or not. If they do, and can confirm a commitment to keep IOS users on track the same as every other player then thats great. If they cant, and IOS is an afterthought, best effort but who cares if they dont get updates, then it is an unusable situation for me.

Im asking which of the 2 options it is, are we supported or not. Who/what/why it happens I couldnt care less about, and rankly thats not something I should have to care about.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    We are still planning to go ahead with the "wait for Apple with synched updates on all platforms" route in the future...

About the auto updates, we do not have the ability to update game code on iOS through the in-game updater. We can only update resources and parsed scripts, so any new features in the game will require a full client update.
    Guys post 56 answers my question. Thanks kyle. Thread closed. No need to continue on this one, official answer is acceptable.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry, one more question (I'm clearly not a coder ) - what updates can you make with resources and parsed scripts?
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    We are still planning to go ahead with the "wait for Apple with synched updates on all platforms" route in the future...
    That really sucks for the rest of the platforms.... It will certainly make me rethink about continuing to spend money on this game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ForceOfWill View Post
    That really sucks for the rest of the platforms.... It will certainly make me rethink about continuing to spend money on this game.
    It really sucks for Apple users to be a month behind. I share the same sentiments from the OP and am happy with the official reply.
    That being said, I'm sure this will be a one off and systems can be implemented and lessons can be learnt for future updates.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve99 View Post
    It really sucks for Apple users to be a month behind. I share the same sentiments from the OP and am happy with the official reply.
    That being said, I'm sure this will be a one off and systems can be implemented and lessons can be learnt for future updates.
    Apple users are a month behind because their platform sucks: each and every version of the app must be blessed by apple. No other platform has the same issue (unless the game is ported to winphone). They are not ready for a rapid release rate.

Bad mistake from Wulven's part to delay the rest until apple approves. Deployments of new versions should be done in a staged way to find out about problems, and if they decide to follow Apple's slow pace for updating, they will decrease the release rate immensely for the complete game. It sucks when people, instead of trying to make things better for themselves, they try to make them worse for the rest like you guys did here.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ForceOfWill View Post
    Apple users are a month behind because their platform sucks: each and every version of the app must be blessed by apple. No other platform has the same issue (unless the game is ported to winphone). They are not ready for a rapid release rate.

Bad mistake from Wulven's part to delay the rest until apple approves. Deployments of new versions should be done in a staged way to find out about problems, and if they decide to follow Apple's slow pace for updating, they will decrease the release rate immensely for the complete game. It sucks when people, instead of trying to make things better for themselves, they try to make them worse for the rest like you guys did here.
    How will you know you are being made to wait?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Right, check this example. It assumes it takes 40 days to complete an update from Wulven's POV, and 30 days for Apple to approve:

CURRENTLY:
    Next update ready:
    Day 1: Release and submit everywhere.
    Day 2: Everyone except apple gets the new version.
    Day 30: Apple gets the new version.
    Day 40: Update Finished.
    Day 41: Release and submit everywhere.
    Day 42: Everyone except apple gets the new version.

Time in between versions for everyone = 40 days, except apple are always behind.

THE NEW WAY:
    Next update ready:
    Day 1: Submit To Apple.
    Day 31: Everyone gets the new version.
    Day 40: Update Finished.
    Day 41: Submit to Apple.
    Day 71: Everyone gets the new version.

Time in between versions for everyone = 40 days, and no-one is behind.

You are incorrectly assuming that Wulven stop everything until Apple approve the update. You do realise they continue working in the background yes?

Only the first release is delayed. After that, the time between releases is a constant.

Now stop moaning.
    Last edited by MattOG; 11-15-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Nice moderation, "stop moaning". I'm a paying customer just like the rest, so I expected to be able to express myself here.

You don't seem to be aware of project planning and the "Critical path" concept. If you add a task to the critical path for all versions, it unnecessarily delays tasks that wouldn't be affected otherwise.

In the first example, everybody (except iOS users) gets the new version when its ready. Apple users get it 30 days after that.
    In the new scheme, everybody needs to wait an extra 30 days (or whatever they decide to take) to get a new version AFTER ITS READY, just to appease iOS and their substandard software policy.

Hey, its your game and your call. But don't expect everyone to be happy. Personally, if Wulven starts playing favorites with iOS, I'll just vote with my feet.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Force of will, please refer to my post on OS 1.28 thread that I just posted to continue this discussion so they can lock the thread as requested by post #62