yes.

2 would be sufficient
    Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Raven's ability is perm, Yes.

HOWEVER!

Think when going vs your opponent. They can do extra sharp, aldon, war banner, kings pride, bloodlust.... the list goes on. That will enable them to attack again.

So it is NOT a good idea to allow the opponent too many allies on board. They can still use abilities and they are still capable of getting a last minute +attack, either suiciding or seal the blow.

I cannot count the number of times someone figured my gargoyles were done for and ignored them... only to die the next turn thanks to bloodlust.

I can just picture their faces and the "oh shit" thoughts going through their heads as I destroy them.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So its like cripling blow, reduces BASE attack to zero, right?

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xfreddyx View Post
    So its like cripling blow, reduces BASE attack to zero, right?
    correct. So Aldon/War Banner/KP will boost it from 0 to 1 or 2.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    @xfreddyx

Well, essentially I wanted to give Eladwen another chance. (I am also done with my Zaladar Mega-rush, anyways.)

I like your polite approach on your posts as well.

IMO, she is very weak. So I tested her out. Firstly, my deck is a VERY standard one.

1 Eladwen

4 puwen
    3 aldon
    4 jasmine
    2 aeon
    2 raven

4 fireballs
    4 lighting strike
    2 Nova
    3 research
    1 snow sapphire

Total: 30 cards

I played quick games and here are the results:

Majiya (tuned) (203) (War Gear2) - Win
    Zalader (176) (Saytanos) - Win
    Baduruu (232?!) (Tosschan) - Win
    Amber (139) (Rain Bow) - Win
    Gwen (240) (Samitsomboon) - LOSS
    Nishaven (172) (Feeltong) - Win

You can view all the games. I played them on my brother's account. (He is not an active player but has bought a lot of crystals so he has 4 of each card. For me to build any deck I want.)

Name: Jericho Spellman

Analysis:

Firstly, Eladwen cannot stand strong against Tier 1 superheroes. I play against 240 Gwen and he started first. He had a dream hand and start.

T2: Puwen
    T3: Aldon
    T4: Beetle Demon Blow
    T5: Soul Seeker + Beetle Demon 3/5 ally

I played very hard in that game as you can see and lasted as long as I could.

What's very important is that game is that SNOW Sapphire is USELESS in that game. By the time I had 6 resouces, more than half of my life was gone.

I am not saying that the SS armor is useless. Against weaker Gwen players it would be very good, especially if you went first for Eladwen.

Other analysis:

It takes a lot of skill to play Eladwen well.

Calmdown: The biggest skill factor in SE is choosing what card to resource each turn. That's common to all decks.
    In order to do that well, you must understand how your opponent's deck works, that includes ALL heroes.

You sac the cards that are weak or useless against certain decks. You must adjust your strategy accordingly (Keep allies, sac some burn? Sac allies to keep more burn?) and think about the resource curve.

That means you will need to play at least 100 games in order to get a 'reasonable' grasp.

My own final verdict:

1. It would be very difficult to take Eladwen into 240 ratings and above. I find myself always defending and looking for a break to win. The Eladwen blast power takes too long to charge, can only hit allies, is hence not flexible.

2. Lack of item destruction - huge problem. The only way to defend against weapons is armour. The only way to destroy enemy's armor is to smash their armor with allies. And Eladwen cannot deal with the rest of the items. Not optimal at all.

Strengths of Eladwen:

Fire/Burn combined with many allies contributes to effective ally control if played well. Hence a firm knowledge of each allies's abilities and when to summon and utilize their powers is crucial.

Aeon is your champion boy - he's hard to kill and his power would protect all other allies and they can go in for the kill.

This is my best strategy with Eladwen. Of course, the burn spells can wipe out the few life points.
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 07-22-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Add Raven you could also try cards like voice of winter which when combo'd with raven is really good

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Raphael Majere: I'm not an english native speaker, so I prefer the risk of being misunderstod by being excessively polite, than the risk of being misunderstod for being rude or something like that.

Since i have started to play SE seriosly ive been playing with Eladwen, so cant tell if shes weaker than others or not. What i can say is that i have 20 wins in my last 30 matches, what sounds good to me. But i noticed that the difficulties have increased since i got into the 200s.

Imho, you Elad's deck is a good basic 30 cards. I would add some blakes. I see you guys dont like him, although playing blake on t2, aldon on t3 gives me a good advantage, with 4 attack, almost anything can be killed with one attack. Ive played some time with a 30 cards deck, but i had hard times, specially against wulves.

Gwen is the one who is giving more troubles. My strategy against her is to attack as much as i can with my allies, to let her weapons be spent while shes is defending, instead of when shes attacking with the +2. Since that i have lots of allies, she would run out of weapons before i ran out of allies. Thats the idea, but sometimes it doesnt work.

As a newbie player going into intermediate i see exactly what you're talking about with this "understand opponents deck" thing. I had some increase in my ratio after i started to look at the opponents hero and thinking about what to expect from his deck. I have no idea of how many games ive played. Yesterday i got level 10.

I fell the lack of destructiom item, and healing also. Soulseekers are my nightmare.

Thanks for your extense review on eladwen.

Also, I think i played against your brothers account couple days ago.

@bob501 i see lots of people talking about raven, but i think she's kinda expensive. As soon as i got some gold i will give her a try, but i prefer cheaper allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    raphael: add portal. it's real good.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    new question here:

If im playing against Nishaven, a priest or elemental, those who can killall allies at once, how do I know when i should stop sending allies to the board to wait for a tidal wave or smething like that? I mean, when i shoul save some allies in my hand tobe able to recover after a nuke.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bob501: i dont like voice of winter cause my allies would get frost too. I think it would be better for a nishaven deck with lots of retreats, rain delay, freeze, snow sapphire and others that dont let the opponent play.