Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[SF] Threbin - Classic Control

Hey Shadow Erites!

Just wanted to share with you a Threbin deck that I have had much success with. It has helped me achieve and maintain a rating of 300+ and it is quite fun to play if you like control.

***Allies (19)***
    4x Sindarok Apprentice
    4x Jasmine Rosecult
    2x Aldon the Brave
    3x Tainted Oracle
    1x Knight of Unaxio
    3x Braxnorian Soldier
    2x Aeon Stormcaller

***Abilities (14)***
    4x Tidal Wave
    4x Retreat!
    4x Focused Prayer
    1x Forgiveness

***Armors (2)***
    3x The King's Pride

***Weapons (4)***
    4x Wizent's Staff

TOTAL: 39 cards + Hero

http://deck.shadowera.net/fates/show...4a4e4s15535d45

Goals

Early Game - establish and maintain draw with Wizent's Staff and Tainted Oracle.
    Mid Game - destroy opponent's draw engine
    Late Game - reclaim or maintain board control with control cards like Tidal Wave and Retreat!

Ideal Opening

T2 - Retreat your opponent's 2CC ally if going second
    T3 - Sindarok
    T4 - Wizent's staff
    T5 - Tidal wave, Braxnorian, Retreat + Jasmine
    T6 - Aeon, Focused Prayer + 3CC ally
    T7 - King's pride, Focused Prayer + 3or4CC ally, Retreat + Braxnorian
    T8 - Tidal Wave + 3CC ally

Card Inclusion Rationale

Sindarok on T3 without any T2 ally is quite a strong opening. Any ally with 2 health or less can't attack her and the 2 arcane damage and the 2 combat damage can kill most 4 health allies.

Wizent's staff on T4 with Sindarok on T3 is very strong. You can activate Threbin's ability on T4 (and draw a card if you're going second), attack with Therebin to deal 2 arcane damage and 1 combat damage, then finish it off with Sindarok dealing another 2 arcane and 2 combat damage. That's 7 damage all up on T4! Which can kill almost all 3CC and 4CC allies except Gargoyle, Fortified Wisp and Disciple of Aldmor.

Braxnorian is just the best anti meta card at the moment in my opinion. He stops haste allies like the ever popular Krygon and Viska, he makes life difficult for Lance and allies with 3 health or less can't attack him!

Mass purification is to be used mid to late game to remove multiple attachments from Warriors and Wulven.

Knight of Unaxio is for late game when you have board control and you are drawing a lot control abilities you don't need anymore (I have 14 abilities).

King's Pride is essential for my late game and thus i have 3

Concluding Remarks

I hope you enjoyed learning about this deck and I hope you enjoy playing it too if you want to try.

It can be difficult to play since you really need to have a good understanding of what control cards you need for which matchup. For example, for discard Zaladar you won't need retreat since most of the allies are low CC and will benefit your opponent if you give the ally back (i.e. Falseblood Cultist). For Tala on the other hand, you will definitely you will need Retreat! to removed buffed allies with protector.

The deck is of course a little slow and prone to rush but is able to handle most other match ups. However, if many Ambers come out to crowd the meta with her Lythian Sledgehammer ... then I do not think this deck may be viable.

It is very similar to iclipse's WC 2012 winning deck but obviously a bit more aggressive since it has no Healing Touches and it has DP and SF cards

Thank you for reading this and I would be happy to answer any questions and or receive any feedback.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very well right up. I'll definitely give it a try. Just one question why Threbin? Or, zhanna will work just fine?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue117 View Post
    Very well right up. I'll definitely give it a try. Just one question why Threbin? Or, zhanna will work just fine?
    Threbin works better because I'm using his ability when i play Wizent's staff on turn 4 to come in for 2 arcane damage and 1 combat damage for board control