Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ter Adun Late Bloomer - Suggestions please!

Hey all!

After about two days of reading through every Ter Adun deck and watching every video I could find, I came up with this (right now, it won four out of five games I've played with it, including a Zhanna, Lance and Elad, though it was definitely not high-level play, around the 200 mark).

Ter Adun - Late Bloomer
    40 cards + Hero
    17 Allies
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Morbid Acolyte
    3x Cobra Demon
    2x Bad Wolf
    2x Braxnorian Veteran
    2x Plasma Behemoth
    1x Kairos Doombringer

15 Abilities
    2x Smith Shop
    2x Valiant Defender
    2x War Banner
    3x Crippling Blow
    2x Rampage
    4x Blood Frenzy
    2x Bad Santa

2 Armors
    2x Snow Sapphire

4 Weapons
    4x Jeweler's Dream

The only problems in this deck I can see so far are rush decks with an average starting hand (I'd probably upgrade to 3 Rampage to mitigate that, if I knew I was facing some), and the lack of "true" board control. Furrion Terror comes to my mind, but it would also cripple every other ally besides the Gargoyles, which make it a suboptimal choice for this deck, imo.
    The only classes I can see real problems facing for now are Priests and Elementals, though I could be wrong. Any suggestions or perhaps other weaknesses I've missed? I'm grateful for every hint
    A oatrige mid am bugl und an schaß Senf dazua. Ajo, und an sechzena Blech bitte!
    ~A nostalgic student's ode to the perfect meal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Smith Shop is not a good card imo. It's rarely used even in weapon based builds, mostly because that space is better used for more control cards. That is especially important with Ter because he lacks board control. I would add 4 th Cripling Blow and find place for 2 Dragon's Tooth. How's Cobra Deamon working for you? That's another rarely seen ally, but I guess he can see use with Ter in cases you don't get to use Ter's ability. I would still consider subbing him for Wild Berserker or more Plasma Behemoths. Also in most occasions Death Collector is better choice than Bad Wolf. Especially since you run Jeweler's Dream you will get spare 2 resources to buff him. He also greatly helps with preventing Shadow Knight loop, against Gravebone, Infinity Core, Arthyle's Crypt.
    Last edited by Veles; 12-20-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't know, Smith Shop is pretty good for my tempo, because of the t3 JD + CB/VD/WB.
    I just yesterday ran against a Wall of bones (=Gravebone), and you are right, I'm definitely changing Bad Wolf for DC, thanks for that!
    Cobra Demon is rather situational, which is why I changed his count to two, because he only really gets to shine if Valiant Defender is out. I think that's my greatest weakness, now looking at it. Anyway, I'll sub Bad Wolf for DC, add 1 Dragons Tooth for the one Cobra Demon and try out two Berserkers instead of the Demons.
    Thank you very much, I'll be sure to post results
    A oatrige mid am bugl und an schaß Senf dazua. Ajo, und an sechzena Blech bitte!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Generic View Post
    I don't know, Smith Shop is pretty good for my tempo, because of the t3 JD + CB/VD/WB.
    I just yesterday ran against a Wall of bones (=Gravebone), and you are right, I'm definitely changing Bad Wolf for DC, thanks for that!
    Cobra Demon is rather situational, which is why I changed his count to two, because he only really gets to shine if Valiant Defender is out. I think that's my greatest weakness, now looking at it. Anyway, I'll sub Bad Wolf for DC, add 1 Dragons Tooth for the one Cobra Demon and try out two Berserkers instead of the Demons.
    Thank you very much, I'll be sure to post results
    Ter Adun lacks any real strong board control (Well ally control that is. Item control is easy for him )so dropping menial cards that do not provide a threat T2 is not the best choice. I would much rather throw down a T2 Crippling Blow or Karash over a T2 Smith Shop.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hm, I haven't looked at it that way yet. I knew he has no board wipes of any kind, but I thought I'd settle for the late game and tank through till then. Though I didn't have the chance to test the previous changes (apart from definitely bringing back Dragon's Tooth into the deck, Aeons just stop being annoying...), I'll make a mental note for early pressure as well. Thanks for the sort-of eye opener