Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New to Priests looking for advice

I've decided to focus on Priests for a while. I've just gotten sick of having an auto-loss every time I see Moonstalker. And heck, Priest is supposed to be the Hero with teh fewest bad matchups, so I'm for that, I'd like to have a chance to win every match.

Early on I have just lost to a Gwen and an Amber. And I'm a bit puzzled as I would think I'd be pretty well prepared for those two. Here is my deck, see if you can figure out why Gwen and Amber are giving me problems. (it may just be my playing more than my deck, looking back I probably should have taken out Gwen's Bazaar instead of saving my ID for weapons)

***HERO***
    Zhanna Mist

***Allies (19)***
    3x Raven Wildheart
    3x Armored Sandworm
    2x Tainted Oracle
    3x Aeon Stormcaller
    3x Braxnorian Soldier
    3x Paladin of Unaxio
    2x Elizabeth Winterborn

***Abilities (13)***
    4x Tidal Wave
    4x Focused Prayer
    3x Retreat!
    2x Mass Purification

***Items (5)***
    3x Book of Curses
    2x Ascendant of the Hero

***Armors (2)***
    2x The King's Pride

***Weapons (4)***
    4x Wizent's Staff

TOTAL: 43 cards + Hero

I know it's a little non-standard with the Ascendant of Hero and very little early game, but, that really didn't seem to be a factor against Gwen or Amber, neither ran much of an early game vs. me either. I think the only allies the Amber ran were Seductress and Squire and Gwen of course ran none.

I know with 44 cards it's a little fat, but, there is ample draw there, so I'm willing to live with a little extra around the middle. But, with 4 Focused Prayer and 2 Mass Purify, wouldn't you think I'd give Amber and Gwen a beating??

Edit: My IGN is Jazzfan27 if you want to see if my playing is the problem. And it very well could be.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    by not playing any allies on turns 2 and 3 ... you're missing your golden opportunity to get a jump start on Amber and Gwen... i think that is the main problem

you definately have all the right tools to control amber and gwen with your 4 focus prayers and 2 mass purifications

if you'd like to persist with the whole Ascendant of the Hero + 5CC allies idea

maybe try

- 3 Book of Curses
    + 3 A thoughtful investment

+ 1 retreat (so you have a better chance playing retreat + 5CC ally on turn 7)
    - 1 5CC ally

hope this helps

Good luck!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    -3book of curses
    -2 ascendant of the hero
    -3 paladin of unaxio

Add 3cc allies. Have jasmine for control. Add banish for control.
    Your resource curve is so high. You don't need 3x raven 3x brax 3x aeon and 3x sandworm. It's just too high of resource curve. I would suggest limiting them down to 2x copies max.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    im inclined more on using elizabeth than oracle. she draw you straight cards at end of your turn. i always use at least 3 copies of her.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ok, I just tried the banish control deck and lost vs. Amber.

It might just be me, but I was expecting a steep learning curve here so keep the advice coming.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    maybe i'll try birdies deck next

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can I get ur ign I wanna watch and maybe can comment on the way you play zhanna. The weakness of zhanna is usually against early rush decks. That include amber, and zal

Greatness, Reborn

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    one major problem i see how to control the board, even with tidal wave in your deck the most your going to get down is two maybe three allies but if you play a winniee rush eldwin or a darkclaw weapon deck you might have a lot of problems i would say with zhanna you almost need that early hit to get control and if you lose them then you hit with tidal wave and close with your heavy hitters. if your wanting just fattys on the board you might want to try a warrior deck someone who has an ability that can assist with board control and the hit points untill you get the fattys out. just an idea

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I saw ur games. Consider 3cc and 2cc allies(seriously consider it) Furthermore, zhanna usually doesn't heal until her health is below 12.

Greatness, Reborn