Close

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post Season 9 Quickmatch Changes!

We're happy to announce some progressive changes that are now live, related to how the season rankings will be tabulated going forward.

Each player will have a rating (similar to TrueSkill on xbox) that goes up or down based on your opponent's rating. This value will still be used when matching games and is displayed in the lobby. It is a relative value to indicate your skill at the game. The problem with the old system was that with very few games played, it can be manipulated to get players to the top of the ladder.

Starting now, a secondary value called score will also be tracked, and this value is what the top player rankings will be based on. If you win a match, you will get 3 times your current rating added to your score. Lost games, draws and games that are too short won't get you anything. In this way, your score will continue to rise as you win, and at higher ratings your score will rise much quicker.

This change is live already, and players have begun increasing their score. Check the Status page in the game itself for your current ranking and score.

We feel this will lead to a more active ladder, and result in a more fair ranking system overall!

Good luck everyone!

UPDATE:
    The scores have been retroactively recalculated for all matches starting on Nov 1. Normally we wouldn't take such actions after the fact, however due to the necessary system change happening a few days into the season, as well as the severity of a recent score calculation bug, we feel that it's important that people who made an effort during the first few days of the season are rewarded, as well as properly crediting matches during the time the bug was live. As for the people who made a special effort to abuse the bug, unfortunately they are out of luck and will have their scores recalculated as well.

We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding during this transition period!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I still don't like the system. It rewards how much you can play and how fast you can win. Making skill have little value.

If you want to reward activity or make players play more, add daily rewards for winning some QM games.

You could at least have tried this: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....um-game-played
    And you could even keep testing by increasing the minimum until players are satisfied.
    White Shadow of Vozit
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well glad to hear that one portion was fixed and you're no longer rewarded for trying to lose very quickly.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Question: is there still rating decay?
    Knight of the Dragon Order
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix (click)
    Greatness, Reborn

My current achievements:Achievements
    PFG3 Member

FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
    https://twitter.com/meeeklosh
    https://www.twitch.tv/meeklosh
    https://www.youtube.com/user/milosradojevicvp/videos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So what about who played and lost on purpose so far in order to climb the rankings?
    Proud member of ETC:

"Enjoy This Cerveza!"

"Drink first. Act second. Think third. Recipe of success! ... Or not."
    "The first rule of Beer Club is: You do not talk about Beer club. The second rule of Beer Club is: You do not talk about Beer Club."

​IGN: ETC Solomon69

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle you need to penalise people for losing!

This new system is better but it will only encourage rush decks

I don't want to play a million Eladwens who quit on turn 4 if they don't get a good start

I want to play the meta where there was a variety of decks like aggro amber, aggro Banebow, Edgenel's Elementalis, millstalker, solo Gwen, soul reaper Zaladar etc

Please consider score = Wins x rating x value (between 1-1.5) - Losses x rating

Where score cannot be less than 0

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Jay View Post
    I don't want to play a million Eladwens who quit on turn 4 if they don't get a good start
    Or any deck that will quit if they face a bad MU.
    Guardian of the Riding Hoods
    Greatness, Reborn

CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ON OUR GUILD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They can even quit before T4 since they won't lose score, just to make you don't gain either
    White Shadow of Vozit
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Jay View Post
    Kyle you need to penalise people for losing!

This new system is better but it will only encourage rush decks

I want to play the meta where there was a variety of decks like aggro amber, aggro Banebow, Edgenel's Elementalis, millstalker, solo Gwen, soul reaper Zaladar etc

Please consider score = Wins x rating x value (between 1-1.5) - Losses x rating

Where score cannot be less than 0
    I think negative for loss and nothing for draw makes the most sense. Having people quit early on is a bad side effect of the current system.

Slightly off topic, but shouldn't the scored gained or lost be based on your opponent's ranking? Otherwise, I hope I get paired against lower ranked opponents all the time.
    Team Juggernaut FTW!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle, you didn't really address much that was discussed in the 20 pages of feedback from the players. So it's official that you guys are sticking with this and throwing away the first 3 days of the new season and the hard work of the players who had theirselves in the top 100? If so, you and Wulven should learn how to be professional and not screw over your players. You won't be getting any more of my money.