4 x Infernal Gargoyle
    4 x Plasma Behemoth
    4 x Bazaar
    3 x Transference
    3 x Mind Control
    3 x Shriek of Vengence
    2 x Energy Discharge
    2 x Eternal Renewal

Idea is to use the inherent card advantage of Transference, Mind Control, Energy Discharge, Plasma Behemoths, and Zaladar's ability and ride it to a win.

The Sparks are mere early game road blocks and damage dealers. They need to be dealt with because unchecked they become threats.

Transference vs Here Be Monsters: Transference provides card advantage while HBM only provides tempo advantage.

Mind Control is usually a game winner if you pick your target right, Aeons and Behemoths mostly.

A note on Bazaar: Knowing when and when NOT to cast this is key. If your opponent doesn't have a Research, Blood Frenzy, or recurring Belladonna, consider not casting this. Just use your cards to gain card advantage. Eventually, you'll find your opponent with an empty board and no cards in their hand while you have Mind Controlled allies and Transferred spells.

At times, however, you may need to cast this if your opening hand was ultra crappy and you look like your on your way to a loss. You need to find your good cards.

I don't like running 4 x Behemoth while only running 3 x Mind Control, but I wanted to run at least 12 allies. Would rather have another cheap ally here but don't know which one. I so wish Shadow had access to Puwens at least if not Blakes.

I also don't like running 4 x Bazaars and would like to cut one because of how situational it is to cast. Wish there was some sort of "cantrip" type card I could use here.

I've been pretty successful with it. Highlights of wins include Transferring a King's Pride and swinging for the win.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadun View Post
    I don't like running 4 x Behemoth while only running 3 x Mind Control, but I wanted to run at least 12 allies. Would rather have another cheap ally here but don't know which one.
    Keldor or Bad Wolf aren't bad, and both are only 3-cost. That's about as good as it gets unfortunately. Snakes are only for non-elemental decks or shard rush, and Brutalis is too weak Shadow needs more allies.
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Here's my deck:

1 Zaladar

4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Belladonna
    3x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Bad Wolf
    4x Transference
    4x Mind Control
    3x Here Be Monsters
    3x Shriek of Vengeance
    2x Armor of Ages

Bad Wolf and Armor of Ages are debatable, rest is ok. I'm like 15-2 or so
    Frip @GameCenter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Frip View Post
    Here's my deck:

1 Zaladar

4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Belladonna
    3x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Bad Wolf
    4x Transference
    4x Mind Control
    3x Here Be Monsters
    3x Shriek of Vengeance
    2x Armor of Ages

Bad Wolf and Armor of Ages are debatable, rest is ok. I'm like 15-2 or so
    No early allies or Energy Discharge? Do you ever find yourself taking too much damage from a T2 Blake, T3 Aldon, T4 Sandra? I know Zaladar starts to take control in the mid-game, but if I've found if you were too far down, it's hard to make a comeback. Sure the Armor is good if you can get to it, but without a draw engine(aside from Belladonna) I would think that that would be difficult to rely on. I would worry about getting swarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by zkaij View Post
    Brutalis *is* weak, but my problem with sparks is that in the case you don't draw a second one early, it's quite useless vs puwen/blakes. Whereas with Brutalis, it can take at least take a hit from blake and then kill blake after. (Which would deter them from actually attacking brutalis so he can stick around for other use) I'm on the fence with the two though. What are your thoughts on this?

I'm with Montag in suggesting Bad Wolf. He's a bit better for offensive purposes than Gargoyle and costs the same so it's not a bad idea to run him and gargoyle for more choices with 3 resources.

Also, how did you decide on the number of Shrieks?
    The Sparks provide a one turn road block, some damage if they're ignored, or are real threats if you got lucky and drew more than one.

I'm testing the ally mix with Bad Wolves.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mine is:

1 Zaladar

4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Sparks
    3x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Bad Wolf
    4x Transference
    4x Mind Control
    4x Here Be Monsters
    3x Shriek of Vengeance
    1x Eternal Renewal

You can switch eternal renewal with one more shriek but i keep it in case of an elementalis or darkclaw deck.
    Last edited by Scion; 03-27-2011 at 12:31 AM.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How do you deal with inevitable loss of card advantage around turn seven or eight? Just assume you'll have unbreakable board control by that point?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I won't assume. I'll have it! :P If i am going first probably i will win, because with the bare minimum of the deck size i will have hbm or transference to gain control of the game. Going second is okish too because hbm and transference is still faster than sandra, while a spark or two can clear the aldons that may arrive or if i have a solo spark it will gain me 1 turn for zaladar's ability.

Keeping mind control for the right time is also something to keep in mind and same thing with shriek. It is one of the best decks i have used. Can't decide which is better though this or boris/jeweler. Although with this i have more fun, boris wins easier and faster especially if going first.

One more thing, especially against the decks that will play turn 2 bazaar it's 90-10 that i'll win.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Scion View Post
    Mine is:

1 Zaladar

4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Sparks
    4x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Bad Wolf
    4x Transference
    4x Mind Control
    4x Here Be Monsters
    2x Shriek of Vengeance
    1x Eternal Renewal

You can switch eternal renewal with one more shriek but i keep it in case of an elementalis or darkclaw deck.
    I like your version, I'm going to give it a try, though with -1 Behemoth, +1 Shriek.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah got it wrong too. i had 3 behemoths 3 shrieks but i was playing with my boris the at the time of the post and wrote it wrong. I am waiting your results. It might look a bit card stagnating at the rounds you said but with the right play of the cards you will have the control of the game throughout the whole match.

Edit: By the way try playing hbm before transference. It should keep their big guns in their hands while they sacrifice more cards as resources in order to keep up, making their hand easy pray to transference.
    Last edited by Scion; 03-27-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scion View Post
    Mine is:

1 Zaladar

4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Sparks
    4x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Bad Wolf
    4x Transference
    4x Mind Control
    4x Here Be Monsters
    2x Shriek of Vengeance
    1x Eternal Renewal

I was working on a deck like this before 1.24. I had a little bit more early-game plays, but same basic idea. Post-1.24 I'd probably make it closer to what you have here, but like Kadun said, probably -1 Behemoth and +1 Shriek.

edit: Ah, yeah. I've done things like that before, goofing a card list.
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...