Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Zaladar deck advise

I typically suck at making decks and I'm sure it will be clear I do when I share. I am beginning to enjoy playing Zaladar so am looking for some help on cleaning up my deck. I am 3-4 with this deck. I've only been blown out once and most matches where against Boris (new trend?) anyway here's my deck.

Zaladar

4x Spark
    2x Deathbone
    2x Keldor
    2x Infernal Gargoyle
    1x Plasma Behemoth

4x Mind Control
    4x Conversion
    4x Life Infusion
    4x Transference
    1x Eternal Renewal
    1x Soul Reaper
    1x Energy Discharge

4x Shriek of Vengence
    4x Bazzar
    2x Bad Santa

1x Armor of Ages

Total 40 cards.

Thanks guys

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quick and dirty deck improvement:

Drop Deathbone and Keldor, add 2 more Gargoyle and 2 more Behemoth.

Drop 4 Conversion, 4 Life Infusion, 2 Bad Santa.

Drop Energy Discharge, Armour of the Ages, and 2 Shriek of Vengeance for 4 Here be Monsters.

Should see a marked improvement straight away. GL!
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can see the theories behind dropping all that you said, but all 4 life infusion? Playing one is great on gargoyle or better yet after mind controlling an Aeon. Reason for tossing all of them? Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniKiller View Post
    I can see the theories behind dropping all that you said, but all 4 life infusion? Playing one is great on gargoyle or better yet after mind controlling an Aeon. Reason for tossing all of them? Thanks
    The card just isn't good enough to warrant a spot in a deck. You always want a deck to be as small as possible and hence need to cut the worst cards - everything else in the deck is necessary, Life Infusion is just 'nice to have'. Mind Controlling an Aeon should win you games alone, you shouldnt be putting in cards to try to get more out of niche situations.

Up to you but my advice is to drop them all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    4x Eternal Renewal so when you lose you can play it and get random victory.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by watermonster View Post
    4x Eternal Renewal so when you lose you can play it and get random victory.

awwwww ... man... pls don't encourage him. LoL....

*turns head to nearest wall and starts hitting in frustration* my dis-spirited mind is still trying to recover from that loss.....!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello, I would like You (as more experienced players than me) to give me some advices about Zaladars deck after v1.24 happened.

When 1.23 was on I had speed deck based on shard of power + sparks/snakes etc. It gave me some chances against portal-Eldawen-clone attack :)

Now after update I think about changing deck and I have some doubts about how to do it.

Now my deck looks like this: (I'm working on it so it's not a final version ofc).

4x infernal gargoyles
    1x plasma behemot (I guess I should add 2 of them)
    2x belladonna
    2x bad wolf
    4x spark (idk if I should keep them)

4x transference
    3x mind control
    2x feedback (idk about those cards, they might be usefull but not always there is a chance to use them)
    1x eternal renewal
    2x bloodlust (another question mark. A type of card that is nice but not "must have")
    4x HBM
    3x shadowspawns (new card, idk if it's usefull)
    2x shriek of vengeance (2 are enough?)
    2x bazaar

Now any suggestion what could I add or/and kick would be helpfull.

Also I would like to ask You about new cards for elementalist. Idk if I should buy them all. Does cards like Armor of Ages, Nova infusion or Dimension Ripper are needed and should I get them?

Thank You for any future help if somebody will have a free moment to write something :)
    Last edited by Aydin; 03-26-2011 at 02:24 PM.
    Hall of Shame: OAKIO, RyanExc, DontForget64, Koffe, Oakening, janey, sibarggo, Perfect Tommy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is there a glitch with it? I never had a need for it yet but I could see needing it facing darkclaw or something

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you referring to eternal renewal?
    if so... in v1.23, the card tends to cause multiplayer sync issues that result in the game being .. well... very broken.
    v1.24 change log says it's fixed... but I'm not so convinced since I just lost a match due to a sync issue.
    but of course... it may be just a coincidence and my bad luck that a sync-issue occurred after eternal-renewal was played. ... but then again, maybe not. we need more testers.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've not had a single sync issue with ER since 1.24. Plenty of people have had sync issues though, obviously sync issues do occur. Blaming it on this isnt really proven yet.