Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gravebone build

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Gravebone build

here is a gravebone build (switiching from Eladwen Frostmire since everyone plays that lol) i would love some comments on what to add or take out, also i'm debating if i should use 3 keldor or 3 deathbone if you guys have any suggestion that will be great. I won Elementalis,Boris, lost to Zaladar by 2 HP....waiting for a Eladwen to come but haven't encountered one yet.....wonder if it is good against her...

Hero (1):
    1x Gravebone

Allies (17):
    3x Keldor/Deathbone (debating)
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Plasma Behemoth
    4x Belladonna
    3x Bad Wolf (or Supernova but don't know which one is better)

Mage Abilities (12):
    4x Fireball
    4x Portal
    4x Here Be Monsters

Again i would love to hear your comments,suggestion, or opinions

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you're dead set on the Deathbone/Keldor spots, then I recommend going Deathbone. It's a fair counter to mass elimination and you probably won't have the spare resources to activate Keldor's ability all that often. I've only tried it against AI so far, but Deathbone works pretty well with Gravebone and can serve as a solid deploy if you don't have board advantage and haven't got a portal down yet. A few Rain Delays would probably serve you well since it will be turn 5+ before Gravebone can really start bringing the hurt, and it doesn't REALLY come into its own until 8 resources. Also, you definitely need 4x Plasma Behemoth because you'll probably have to sacrifice any you draw early. Keeping with the rough outline you posted, I'd try:

Gravebone
    4x Deathbone
    3x Infernal gargoyle
    4x Plasma Behemoth
    4x Belladona

4x Fireball
    0-3x Lightning Strike
    3-4x Portal
    4x Here Be Monsters
    2-4x Rain Delay

The number of LSs and RDs you run would depend on how comfortable you are going over 30 cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tangmcgame View Post
    If you're dead set on the Deathbone/Keldor spots, then I recommend going Deathbone. It's a fair counter to mass elimination and you probably won't have the spare resources to activate Keldor's ability all that often. I've only tried it against AI so far, but Deathbone works pretty well with Gravebone and can serve as a solid deploy if you don't have board advantage and haven't got a portal down yet. A few Rain Delays would probably serve you well since it will be turn 5+ before Gravebone can really start bringing the hurt, and it doesn't REALLY come into its own until 8 resources. Also, you definitely need 4x Plasma Behemoth because you'll probably have to sacrifice any you draw early. Keeping with the rough outline you posted, I'd try:

Gravebone
    4x Deathbone
    3x Infernal gargoyle
    4x Plasma Behemoth
    4x Belladona

4x Fireball
    0-3x Lightning Strike
    3-4x Portal
    4x Here Be Monsters
    2-4x Rain Delay

The number of LSs and RDs you run would depend on how comfortable you are going over 30 cards.
    I keep having problem with building resources while other people eliminate my resources really early in the game and i didn't draw hbm

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tangmcgame View Post
    Also, you definitely need 4x Plasma Behemoth because you'll probably have to sacrifice any you draw early.
    I disagree, I like to cut down to 2 Plasma Behemoth, because you really only need one in play, and Gravebone can recycle it over and over.
    Constructed deck power level should not be a consideration when setting the rarity of a card.
    Frustrated by the lack of in-game chat? Talkinate! http://talkinator.com/t8r.jsp?b=ShadowEra

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I will take out Keldor/Deathbone and replace it with Research

My current gravebone:

4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Plasma Behemoth
    4x Belladonna
    4x Bad Wolf

4x Fireball
    4x Portal
    4x Here Be Monsters
    4x Research

For building resources, I will first use multiple research/portal
    next I will use bad wolf
    then belladonna

main card will be gargoyle and behemoth, these cards usually takes 2 cards to kill
    When killed I will use gravebone ability to put it on hand and recast it

fireballs are for powerhouse enemy ally like aeon. If multiples cards come in early game, I may sack them for resources.

HBM I will cast them whenever I got it (as early as turn 3), unless I get them in the late game when enemy resources is 5 and above.

First half I will play like Eladwen. If late game I am going to deckout, I keep my hand at 7. Drop a monster card, use Gravebone ability to put a card from graveyard to hand. Keep doing that to maintain hand at 7

Only problem is with Eladwen if she focus on my hero instead of my monsters.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    Gravebone can recycle it over and over.

As long as you ONLY have that one PlasmaB out. Otherwise a good player will bury it.

I.e. I often attack my opponent's PlasmaB and kill it, then bury it by killing something worse on top of it on the same turn (infernal, bad wolf, etc). I suppose you can gravebone it then 2 turns later (get back the card on top, play nothing, then get back the plasmab), but giving up that many turns is prolly gg.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Elemtentals are a big problem if you run fewer than 3 Plasma Behemoths.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    As long as you ONLY have that one PlasmaB out. Otherwise a good player will bury it.

I.e. I often attack my opponent's PlasmaB and kill it, then bury it by killing something worse on top of it on the same turn (infernal, bad wolf, etc). I suppose you can gravebone it then 2 turns later (get back the card on top, play nothing, then get back the plasmab), but giving up that many turns is prolly gg.
    Yeah, I think people tend to forget your allies can get buried underneath something else. My mentality is this: Plasma Behemoth is a terrible early draw, so you want to be able to safely sac it. You ALSO want to have a backup somewhere in case you lose your first. Therefore I'd say at least 3 PBs, but 4 is better.

Research isn't terribly necessary in Gravebone decks assuming you can get your Belladona engine going. Besides, the Gravebone resource curve is really tight and you have to make it to 8 resources and then use all of them on allies. Research will only come in handy for drawing Portals if you don't get one naturally, and Belladona can substitute for it in a pinch. You won't get the damage out of her, but she'll soak for you and help you dig. Assuming you get to play out your curve, I suppose you could drop Research on turn 2 and then get a single card out of it on turn 6. Just as often, though, you'll have to 3-drop/Fireball or 3-drop/3-drop since that's the point where Gravebone is attempting to secure board control. So, really, Research is most often going to come into play after hitting 8 resources and emptying your hand, at which point you should be cycling Belladonas anyway and the game is probably decided, one way or another.

Hmm...now that I think about it, would Bazaar be worth a spot?

I'm waiting to see what the Portal changes look like and whether or not it'll kill Gravebone decks. For the other mages, Portal is really just a perk, but Gravebone crutches on it hard.
    Last edited by tangmcgame; 03-22-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I almost never have a problem with having my plasma behemoths buried, but maybe I play differently than other folks? Shrug.

my current gravebone deck:
    2 Brutalis
    2 Plasma Behemoth
    4 Fire Snake
    4 Belladonna
    2 Research
    4 Portal
    4 Supernova
    3 Bloodlust
    4 Here Be Monsters

the gameplan is basically
    turns 1-3: Fire Snakes, Brutalis, Bloodlust
    turns 3-4: Here Be Monsters, Portal
    turn 5: Supernova
    turn 6+: portal -> profit

the HBM's are super important for making sure you don't get Sandra'd out of the game.
    Last edited by Fry; 03-22-2011 at 04:07 AM.
    Constructed deck power level should not be a consideration when setting the rarity of a card.
    Frustrated by the lack of in-game chat? Talkinate! http://talkinator.com/t8r.jsp?b=ShadowEra

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    yeah, if your gameplan for plasmab is super late game drop and use on the same turn when you dont have much other allies out and repeat, it wouldn't be a problem. most don't play that way

in fact most gravebone I've seen are pretty different - 4x fireball, some lightning, etc. 4 supernovas is a different direction to take it.

i like the decklist though fry.