Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I could use some assistance

Hey guys,

I have always been interested in other trading card games but never picked them up due to lack of anyone to play them with. Last night I found this game on the iPhone and decided to try it out, after the initial learning curve I even started winning some offline matches and then even some online matches. I then proceeded in buying a 15 card booster pack and the mage pack that came with more heroes, I also attempted to build a custom deck. I fear that I have unbalanced my deck because now it is much more challenging to win.

I would appreciate it greatly if you guys could give me some basic guidelines on deck building such as: How many cards should I have in my deck?
    What should the ratio should be for ali cards vs offense and defensive cards?
    I am using Nishaven as my hero because I love that special ability of being able to basically wipe out an army in one turn. I also have 39 cards in my deck counting the hero card, but I fear this is too many because I always have cards that don't benefit me much. ANY help is greatly appreciated and I would like to thank you in advance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Russell View Post
    I fear this is too many because I always have cards that don't benefit me much.
    cut those ones from your deck

in general, less cards is better (close to 30 minimum), though there are a few exceptions. allies and spells that do damage are generally better than things that merely slow them (retreats, freezes, etc)

again, these are way gross overgeneralizations, but i'd say they hold most of the time.

also feel free to post your decklist and we can give specific comments in addition to the general ones you're asking.

EDIT: nishaven may be an exception to the delay tactics cards like rain delay because of his nuke ability
    Last edited by arebelspy; 03-19-2011 at 05:35 AM.