Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unique Cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can go a bit more in depth about the Aeon change (since I'm the one that did it).

People were, in most all iterations, concerned with Ogloth's power level. As we got closer and closer to the current ogloth, the complaints didn't really die away, but changed. Why? Because Aeon didn't match.

You look at ogloth and you know he's something special. He's got abilities that nothing else has and he dominates games. Plus he's unique. The goal was to create an aeon that not only did something special but also was a thematic counterpart, so it doesn't seem like one side got as much preferential treatment.

That's why Aeon's new ability costs 3. Not for balance concerns. +1/+1 does not equal eating an ally or a fireball like the other 3cc actives in the game. It's to match Ogloth. And that's also why Aeon became unique. To match Ogloth.

Of course, there are good aspects to being locked to one aeon at a time, such as them being able to pump each other or keeping Ghostmaker in check. Primarily, though, Aeon's classification as unique was for the sake of mirroring Ogloth.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah it would be insane and it would be good for my deck lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GurinAkuma View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm totally new to this, so if I make any mistakes don't go crazy on me lol.
    As far as I know Aldon is the only card that is badged "Unique". I rather think it is unfair towards the Human race
    Why not have restriction on Plasma Behemoth or Mind Control ? I would recommend raising Aldon by one "Cost" and get rid of having the restriction of playing one at a time. Or....if you have an Aldon in play the next one will be one or two more "Cost" to be able to cast. What do you guys think?
    Also, this is of topic but I found out that protectors used to protect the Hero too. Why was that taken away?
    Stop complaining...please. Shadow doesn't have raw power, so cards like behemoth are needed. I'm. It even gonna discuss this. But this shouldn't even be a topic

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How offen do you get 2 Aeon's out anyway
    it happens i've seen it
    Death Mage Thaddeus was always this way well after testing

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol I was just wondering geez come on

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I get 2 almost all the time out.........That's usually how I win for sure. lol
    But I can do with One as long as it has the new ability

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GurinAkuma View Post
    I get 2 almost all the time out.........That's usually how I win for sure. lol
    But I can do with One as long as it has the new ability
    Aeon + Earthen Protector will complete your life