Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Players of physical TCGs have all sorts of tricks to keep track of things that go on. Pen and paper, card sleeves, tokens, dice, etc. In this case, I would use a thin sticker that you can attach to the face of the card if you want to make sure you get the exact card back at the end of the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Players of physical TCGs have all sorts of tricks to keep track of things that go on. Pen and paper, card sleeves, tokens, dice, etc. In this case, I would use a thin sticker that you can attach to the face of the card if you want to make sure you get the exact card back at the end of the game.
    But that thin sticker will allow me to know which card to cast my retreat on... so if my opponent takes my Jasmine, and then proceeds to cast 2 Jasmines, I will immediately know which one is mine to cast retreat to get the card back into my hand and to cast it... I must be crazy as it seems everyone keeps missing this point...

Edit: How about this, if your opponent steals your card, you should not know what he took from you... so a thin sticker would immediately reveal what he took...
    Last edited by Helio; 01-10-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol I get your point Helio.

How often is that going to happen though... Really? Especially with the complete set where Ripper will probably be a niche card
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Helio View Post
    The issue isn't keeping track of the cards... it's the fact that you can't play retreat to get the stolen card back into your hand.

Say your opponent takes Jasmine. He also has Jasmine in his hand. He then casts Jasmine and you cast retreat. Whose hand does that Jasmine return to?

Well part of the beauty of playing a CCG in person with a friend is spending 3 hours arguing over a ruling until the issue in question is finally decided by 2 bottles single malt and a bloody fist fight....

Err wait? What? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If both decks have different card protectors, then that won't be a issue. By the way, we need official card protectors, Kyle.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's fair to know who is the owner of each card to cast retreat to the card that you want. Elseway you are playing the lotto and casting blindly to 1 of the 2 cards and not knowing if the card is coming back to your hand or not. (the digital game must also have something to know if the card belong to you or not).
    This is a strategy game not a "shell game"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai View Post
    It's fair to know who is the owner of each card to cast retreat to the card that you want. Elseway you are playing the lotto and casting blindly to 1 of the 2 cards and not knowing if the card is coming back to your hand or not. (the digital game must also have something to know if the card belong to you or not).
    This is a strategy game not a "shell game"
    Last time i checked you couldn't be sure which card was yours in the digital version either, however the computer knows. If your playing with a friend, the person who played the card should just keep a mental note of it and not lie to when you retreat. And if the person you are playing is a douche then get a judge to watch you play or something. I don't know how, save for deck protectors, this should be handled. You could just carry 3-4 deck protectors and put them on the card when they are played if you really have to.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You know?! I never thought of this! I always assumed that "owner" == "caster" == "person who put the creature on the table". It never dawned on me that Retreat can return a stolen ally back to your own hand.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It would be harder than you think since the guy could say he has a jasmine in his hand and he didnt cast your one, while he doesnt have any (you cant see his cards). To be honest the physical cards are more just for collectors rather than trying to play the game. I mean its so much easier to just play against each other using 2 ipads or something rather than getting the cards out and fighting over rules for the whole day.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is a non issue. You will have to have some way to mark your own cards. Yes you will know which card to Retreat, this is not a problem.

However, it seems like you will have to "tap" cards like in magic, because the computer can't tell you which things are exhausted.