Close

Thread: Da iPad 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Da iPad 2

Please, please no iOS and Android wars in this thread please. You can criticize Apple and the iPad and whatnot but please don't have a long debate about it.

So I was just reading a live-blogging of the Apple event and went to look at the commercial for the iPad 2. From first impressions, I think Apple has done well and very smartly planned ahead in keeping their dominance in the tablet category. Keeping that $500 entry vantage is going to be the deal breaker for alot of people.

Curious if anyone will most likely or will definitely be gunning an iPad 2 when it's out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'll just stick with the original, as not enough improvements over the original. Hope we don't have to wait another year for the iPad 3.

But anyone who doesn't have one, I'd highly recommend it. The iPad is awesome.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, I kind of agree that the IPad 2 seemed very rushed and sudden. I think they're trying to get the same buzz they have with the IPhone. But I think the IPad market is just smaller right now. I also think that there needs to be more IPad app development, and that will help the product a lot.
    Last edited by Connect83; 04-11-2011 at 04:08 PM.
    Trekkie? Trekker? You're still in love with Picard...
    The best Facebook status I can think of.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm still good with my iPad. When I start noticing that there are too many games/apps releasing that can't run on the iPad, I'll look at upgrading at that point. For now, I'm still happy...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Connect83 View Post
    Yeah, I kind of agree that the IPad 2 seemed very rushed and sudden. I think they're trying to get the same buzz they have with the IPhone. But I think the IPad market is just smaller right now. I also think that there needs to be more app in development for the IPad, and that will help a lot.
    With 10mil sold in 7 months, I don't think the market is that small...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think he meant, with many other manufacturers making tablets in 2011, the market for the iPad is crowded. But I remember reading some article mentioning Apple pre-ordered some ridiculous amount, like 60% or something, of the world's supply of touch-screens(for their tablets) so that'll definitely hampen competition.

EDIT: That would just be for their iPads and other tablets have different screen sizes but it still hurts the competition nonetheless.
    Last edited by AnAdolt; 03-18-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: add edit comment

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've discovered Shadow Era with the iPad, and the game runs perfectly for that device ! I played dozens of challenges in bed or sofa, so cool
    Anyway, i don't change for iPad 2 because i won't change a device that works well, additions can be cool for newcomers but changing iPad 1 for iPad2... would be very consumerist attitude.

Hope guys with iPad 2 will have the same fun i have with iPad 1