Close

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    ._. how much happens on these forums while I'm asleep......
    I have a solution. Don't sleep.
    Leader of Rising Sun
    Learn, Improve, Succeed

Relevant RS Links:
    About Us|Trophy Room
    Card Gallery|How to Apply

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ._. how much happens on these forums while I'm asleep......
    They see you are asleep, and they ran wild...
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jdambrose View Post
    Just finished uploading my impressions and comments on his review, enjoy! I tried not to be to harsh but its hard xD

lol I'll admit I laughed. Never even noticed those eggs in the back ground.

Though I do want to take a second to sort of give my two cents regarding the reaction from the community mainly because of SixDaysShort's post.

Yes, I agree that personal attacks should have stayed out of it, even if they are as minor as "oh he's just stupid" because that's honestly not much better than what Tom did in the review. The community has reacted in the way that is both good and bad. That being it's passion for the game. Bad because this is the kind of thing that people look for in a community or a person, "faults". When we get passionate about something here, we tend to just go all out and say what ever we darn well please (which is why cosplay ended up in here). However, I like that the community is structured in most circomstanses but is willing stand up for the game when someone unreasonably says something negative here. We, who are very passionate about the game, point out and bash the games short-comings in the hope that it will be improved.

This is the same thing being sent towards this review. While I don't agree that every response has been appropriate (such as the "LOL" by Wulven Studio's comments on the video's comment page), I do agree that this review is terrible and shouldn't represent the game just as our comments toward it shouldn't represent this community as a continuous state of being.

I would honestly love to see this guy give the game a legitimate review of higher quality, even if the score still sucks. Its more about how he was representing the game without having all his facts in place than it was the horrible score.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

lol I'll admit I laughed. Never even noticed those eggs in the back ground.
    I am so glad that you got the message of the review of the review, imo the most important thing we can all gain from this discussion is that this man's message is silly, this man himself is silly, and the first edition of the game in physical form isn't exactly upto the AAA standards you'd expect from a much larger corporation.
    Follow my Stream - www.twitch.tv/jdambrose
    Like me on facebook - www.facebook.com/johndavidambrose
    Subscribe to me on youtube - www.youtube.com/jdalivetube

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have more than 13 million views. This guy is small fry.

I specialize in the most life-like dead allies anywhere. Period!

IGN: THE Chuck Testa

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck testa View Post
    i have more than 13 million views. This guy is small fry.

rofl

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SixDaysShort View Post
    This could've been an opportunity to show off one of the game's great features -- it's wonderful community. Instead, reddit and boardgamegeek -- arguably two of the most important resources for marketing shadow era -- are talking less and less about the game and its merits and more about the "children" on these forums. Completely regardless of the validity of the review, the response both by the community and by Wulven has done nothing to build the game. Passive aggressiveness, stubborn superiority, and calling people retards and virgins may be great to support the existing community. But it turns off customers and potential players we could've invited to an ostensibly welcoming community.

That's my last word here. I'm sure you're sick of hearing these diatribes. I just hope no one who's thinking about giving this game a try judges this community or Wulven by this incident.
    +1

this guy posted a scathing review. it may or may not have turned off potential players. who knows?

what did the community do?

1) call for indiscriminate dislikes (eg: flood the video with dislikes, without actually personally watching the video)
    2) personally attack the creator.
    3) *FOR THE MOST PART* disregard potential issues, instead homing in on little things to validate their insults (a few people, have, though, homed in on the underlying issues that were the basis for his misconceptions about the game.)
    4) circlejerked themselves into a frenzy of hate.

this entire thread has literally made the entire community look completely immature. i won't say what he posted, said, or how he reacted was valid. they weren't. but they are all in context of his first impression, which was based on an *acknowledged* lack of structure for the physical format.

instead of acting like any normal person (watch the video, think to yourself "huh, he's wrong", and then forget all about it. maybe write a small review of what he said and why you think he's wrong), most people here acted like 8 year olds on CoD. (half the people didn't even watch it and personally attacked the guy).

My opinion: this guy's reaction is wrong, but understandable. he needs to understand the game further than he did to give the review he gave. but think about any time you've been frustrated. what's your reaction to something you're frustrated with? for me, it's a mix of wanting to get the damn thing done, wanting to get better, and not wanting to pick it up again for a while. his opinion is completely legitimate about the physical platform;, and he clearly got frustrated over it. while he didn't give it the time and effort it deserved, it's not through arrogance or avarice, it's because of frustration that was born by the physical platform.

if there's one thing to take away from this review, it's that the physical platform is found severely wanting. and when the day comes that it's brought up to shape, then you'll see a proper review from this guy.
    85-Card mini-set: Gate of the Steelbound.

So you want to take a poll? ∙ Affectionate TVTransvestite TwinRacist CowBag of Dicks

The pen is mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words.
    Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts.
    Sometimes a little chaos is in order.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekoz View Post
    +1

1) call for indiscriminate dislikes (eg: flood the video with dislikes, without actually personally watching the video)
    I urge you to head there and click like or dislike and post your opinions on the review.
    This was the very first post. Notice I said click like or dislike and post your opinions on the review. Where were all these calls for indiscriminately disliking?

Also you accuse everyone of not watching the video? How do you know this?

Finally you give the opinion what almost everyone in the thread already said or agreed with: he was understandably frustrated with the card rules but used that as an excuse for a shoddy review. I mean literally almost everyone who posted in this thread made this point.

I think you did what you accuse most of the people in this thread of: not read all of it before reacting.

Also I agree that people myself included should refrain from personal attacks but when we see these kinds of things we get angry and end up saying something personal. Kind of like you...

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoz View Post
    most people here acted like 8 year olds on CoD.
    Thanks for the lecture though. Us 8 years olds need it.
    Last edited by Yussef; 02-10-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Will this thread ever die?

steampunk_cosplay_babes_12.jpg

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's just one persons opinion, but in general he knows what he's talking about. This review is too harsh and I get the impression that he did not spend enough time on SE to be able to make a decent review. BUT I actually agree with him on most of the claims for the physical game. I am sure that most people would have the same exact impression of SE as Tom Vasel, if they started of with the physical game. Very bad and unclear rules, the game requires heavy token/counter management without explaining it (and without providing them!), and the cards/name of the cards can seem very generic and meaningless, if you take a look at them the first time.

If you started of with the physical game, would you have played more than 2 rounds? Come on... be honest.