Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool Luna Staller for newbie

I make this from whatever I have now, and it can... well, stall. Not very competitive, but very fun to play when I want to burn some time.

Ok, here it is: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck1....4se115.1se179

Hero:
    Moonstalker
    Give everyone a big smile , then turn off your chat. You need to stall in peace.

Allies: None
    A long time ago, I used to have a peaceful life with my buddies. Then mages came, freeze them, burn them to ash. I tried my best to hide them, but... I don't want anyone die for me anymore. Now I'll fight, all by myself.

Abilities:

Captured Prey x4
    Now You're Mine x4
    Evil Ascendant x4
    You cannot be soft. Disable or dismember your foes as you wish.

Regeneration x1
    Selfishness x2
    Full Moon x3
    Lone Wolf x4
    Shadow Font x4
    Ley Line Nexus x2
    Take it slowly, and painfully. Don't put out the fire when it's still too strong. Endure the heat early, collect some shadow energy. When you have Lone Wolf, Evil Ascendant on board, you are almost invincible.
    Selfishness is for protectors, yep protectors not just Aeon, a 2/4 Birgitte or a trained Sandworm are threats too. 2 is just enough, so if you sense any protector, don't sac them. Same with Regeneration, don't forget they can burn/poison you. You won't use it much, but recover 4hp won't hurt, and it saves your a$$ sometimes.
    Shadow Font/ Full Moon increase you survivability. Full Moon make you (almost) invincible 1 turn, help you stall against burn spells or allies swarm. It can even fish some item destructions if play right, but make sure that you are well prepared and have high enough hp to survive after that turn. Moon gazing alone is not fun at all, but it calms you down. Very evil, learn to use it well.

Bad Santa x3
    Bazaar x3
    Help you search the card you want. Bazaar is for early; Bad Santa is for later, and can be use as a finish move. Yes this is a mill deck, but Bazaar and BS speed game up, which allow our opponents rush us to death. Remember that Lone wolf only heals 2hp per turn, use those card only when you really need a card or when you know that your opponent can outdraw you easily (but let them use their draw engine first, ok? Almost every draw engines have its drawback, and handsize is limited by 7 anyway). Use them wisely.

Weapons:
    What Big Teeth x4
    ONE extra damage per turn, help you control, defend against early rush, and bite enemies of course. It don't have duration, so you don't have to brush it(kidding). It can fish some item destruction(obviously) and hit heroes. Looks cool when you already have a big smile on your face.

Armor:
    Crescendo x1
    Only 1, because it is VERY expensive (6 resourses and 600gold, quite a lot for newbie). Thanks to Ley Line Nexus, this Jack-in-the-box isn't always work, but cmon, it's a boardwipe. Don't let ppl who hold their LLN from the start dissapointed, because LLN's stiill a death draw for them, and they gonna spend one WHOLE turn doing nothing for the board. Crescendo fit nicely in this deck, because it's still provide defence(as a armor), more stall for us. And it's like an archivement for newbie if this baby explodes, nuke is sick XD. This deck already has too much items need to be taken care of, so this card deserves 1 deck slot.

Finally, I'm still learning, and gonna test this deck more. This is just a fun deck (to play, not to play against), win me some games(ragequiter, cable puller, and some careless ppl). Dark prophecies expansion gonna give us more card to stall, mill-style will be more viable I guess. So newbie, come and practice mill and stall.

Thank you for reading. If I made some grammar mistakes don't blame, because English is not my native language. Contribution is appreciate.

P/S: I know ppl hate stall and mill style, but deal with it. Not only Moonstalker, Zhanna, Zaladar, Ter Adun and others heroes can stall too. Allies Moonstalker can be competitive, but it's very easy to deal, MS is like underdog after 1.5. I hope new expansion can buff wulven heroes more, allow allies wulven decks less vulnerable to others heroes. I'm gonna collect more cards and stalk forum as always. That's it, thank you again.
    Last edited by Mad Botany; 01-03-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh yeah, that's what my Amber hates the most in QM... B-)
    IGN: TJ quirom

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A smaller millstalker.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by KA INDEX View Post
    A smaller millstalker.
    slimstalker ?

A1 Icebear: A1's Glacial Claws of Fury

A1 Evolution in Theory

check out SE Toolbox, deck building & analyzing & probability calculations all in one tool:
    video
    download

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    slimstalker ?

Jenny Craig got her claws into this one obviously.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is the first deck, where I see selfishness. Not sure, if I understand, how it helps in a stall deck, I can't see the benefit.

You forgot Rain Delay in your deck.
    A1's Darkwolf - A1: Evolution in Theory
    Season 7 QM: TOP 81 rank
    Season 6 QM: TOP 15 + TOP 19 rank
    Season 5 QM: TOP 46 rank

Published decks: Moonstalker Behemoth's Resurrection

IGN: A1 Ramirez

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramirez Delgado View Post
    This is the first deck, where I see selfishness. Not sure, if I understand, how it helps in a stall deck, I can't see the benefit.

You forgot Rain Delay in your deck.
    Selfishness is there, to prevent protector protect others allies, allow me to use NYM/Captured Prey on them. All human heroes can use this against me, so that's just a tech to prevent them finish me by this move.
    I don't run Rain Delay, because heroes can still kill me with their weapon(gwen is an example). You cannot drop Rain Delay turn-by-turn, and it can be destroy by Focused Prayer/Shriek, which is very risky if I'm facing Shadow heroes/Priest.
    The key to play this deck is to mill some 40-42 cards deck, by slowly answer their cards I think 4 Shadow Font and 3 Full Moon is enough. MoonStalker can regen 1 SE everyturn, Shadow Font is there to make sure that Priest of the Light/Shadowspawn don't screw you up in crucial turn, and it's more reliable than Full Moon. Shadowstalker can stall by himself.
    Now only problem I see in this deck is Bazaar, which make battle faster for my opponent. Burn rush too fast make me run out of protection quickly and vulnerable later. Melt bazaar is an option, but it's not reliable enough(I need both bazaar and Melt Down, and MD must show up at the right time, when I already set everything down). Add more card is not an option, because I need my EA/LW/WBT show up early and everything must be set early, when ppl cannot do enough damage to kill me. FM/SF/MS ability let you stall for a whole turn, and LW can recover your early burn to prevent mage finish me with off with their spell. If there's a way to let MS draw more cards without let my opponents draw(-bazaar/BS) and don't need allies to active(-WotF) then(Blood Moon) it'll be easier to play this deck. This deck won't need to draw fast, when everything is set you won't play cards every turn.
    This deck won't work all time, but it's very time-fishing to play with. IMO this is a deck for beginner, or at least for me, who's still a beginner and want to learn about sac/using SE effectively without using too much luxury cards. I have to plan my move for everyturn, make sure that ppl cannot kill me fast, and the deck slows everything down, which allow me to learn how each heroes play their strategy and time to think how to react to them. Everything in this deck is just enough, so I can practice how to sac/use my SE/control the board with my little damage output wisely. Of course Tidalwave/Nova/Energy Discharge/Anklebreaker make things easier, but it's too simple, I cannot learn anything. And I like Wulven more than others heroes. Some ppl will quit right away after turn 1/4/5, because QM must be quick for them(some battle with Zhanna/Lance can last even longer, Idk why ppl only rage against MS).
    Last edited by Mad Botany; 01-04-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The "classic" Millstalker wants to mill and therefore brings out Bazaar to get your opponent out of cards quickly. It's a boring strategy, but there is no other way at the moment.

While waiting he ignores the boards (let EA do the work and for IG/SW use NYM/CP) and attacks the opponent hero with SS+WBT (2 DMG per turn). To ignore the board he will stall as often as possible. Your opponent will try to build up an 1-turn-kill-army and find the gap in your stall-wall (maybe using FP or Shriek). There are some more tactical points but lets leave it by these ones.

If you want to keep the board clean (only with SS+WBT) and therefore integrate Selfishness, it is O.K. but at a higher player level you will lose most games. For beginning the game (or scouting other decks) have fun.
    A1's Darkwolf - A1: Evolution in Theory
    Season 7 QM: TOP 81 rank
    Season 6 QM: TOP 15 + TOP 19 rank
    Season 5 QM: TOP 46 rank

Published decks: Moonstalker Behemoth's Resurrection

IGN: A1 Ramirez

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramirez Delgado View Post
    The "classic" Millstalker wants to mill and therefore brings out Bazaar to get your opponent out of cards quickly. It's a boring strategy, but there is no other way at the moment.

While waiting he ignores the boards (let EA do the work and for IG/SW use NYM/CP) and attacks the opponent hero with SS+WBT (2 DMG per turn). To ignore the board he will stall as often as possible. Your opponent will try to build up an 1-turn-kill-army and find the gap in your stall-wall (maybe using FP or Shriek). There are some more tactical points but lets leave it by these ones.

If you want to keep the board clean (only with SS+WBT) and therefore integrate Selfishness, it is O.K. but at a higher player level you will lose most games. For beginning the game (or scouting other decks) have fun.
    Hmm, you are right. I'll test this deck with more card and see. My rating is not very high because I don't QM often and most time I just grind some gold to collect cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fun combo on Aeon, Captured prey + selfishness ... now he will never bother you again - ever,