Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightning Strike

As written, you can select the same target twice if you want. Should probably change it to 2 damage, and maybe cost 4...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I didn't see that it was written on the card, it baffled me that it could target the same target twice whereas arcane blast couldnt. I'd up it to 4 resources and leave the damage where it is.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, "2 target opponents" as written would mean that you could target the same card twice if you want, since it didn't stop you by saying "2 different target opponents"...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just seems a little ambigous to me is all. But I suppose the way it's phrased is correct!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I would up it to 4 resources, because it is a 6 damage card.
    -Notthevictim

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Found a Bug with the card. as said it is intended to be able to double target the effect on one target. yet if i try and cast it with only 1 enemy target in play (the hero only) the cast button is missing, so yah it wont let you cast it without 2 targets in play it seems

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree, it wouldn't hurt is this card's cost was increased to 4.

Also, in order to avoid confusion, I think the wording "Lightning does 3 damage to up to 2 targets" would be a bit less ambiguous.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For v1.02 it has been changed to cost 4 resources, and you can now properly target the enemy hero twice without enemy allies in play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If it can deal 6 to a single target, the cost should be increased, however if it must target separate targets, the cost is fine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I have to agree with Arazia, Dealing 6 damage to 1 target is amazing even at 4 cost... But wait, there's more? I have the option to still deal 3 to two targets? Sign me up.

You need to get your Burn to cost ratios stabilized. Start with a basic Burn spell and use it as a measuring stick to compare all newly designed burn spells to.

Fireball, 4 damage for cost 3 to target opponent.

That's a good start, it skews the line a little bit in that it deals more damage than it costs, but you may want your burn to do that in this game, but it will make burn the most efficient ally removal choice as it will most likely destroy most Allies that range from cost 1-5. It also does double duty because it can be used as a finisher to kill the opposing hero... It's never a dead card.

Now compare your burn spells to your other Ally removal Spells, Freeze and Web, and you're nerfing those two spells? why would you ever play them over burn as removal if you are a Mage?

Anyway back to Lightning Strike. Having two options on a burn spell is very powerful.

If it did 6 damage to a single target for Cost 5, it would still be great even if more in line with your Fireball measuring stick.

Getting to choose to do 6 to one target or 3 to two targets is strictly better and still under-costed even at 5!

The card as worded should seriously be re-evaluated and play-tested in a constructed environment to find the right cost to power ratio that'd work as intended and be balanced.