Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb SUN-BLIGHTED ONE Not reaching his full potential as a 3CC ally??

hello shadow era community,and design team,

the sun-blighted one card is a very interesting ally his abillity to do 1 damage to the opposing hero everytime he is casted out from hand or grave makes him handy for those last hp on opposing heroes.
    and he gives you 1 shadow energy which is awesome for any of the mages especially gravebone and nishaven.
    but especially gravebone once you ressurect him with gravebones shadow ability.
    downside is he gives your opposing heroes shadow energy.since the following heroes can wipe him on thier next turn and obliterate your board prescence:banebow+DMT,boris,majiya,eladwyn,zaladar ,and nishaven.
    it gives these heroes which are still played by most of the players,it allows them to save burn cards or attachment that affect your fatties late game, it allows your opponent to plan ahead of time and wasting 3cc in the meantime yes you can ressurect him for 5/4 but he gets nuked by burn cards and your giving more shadow energy to your opponent you do score two points of damage but your not dealing 3 or 5 damage i have to play 3 or 4 in one go and maybe ill knock off one hit on the big game players in tourneys and QMS. i feel that opposing heroes should not receive shadow energy
    for a card thats just decent. hes easy to kill since hes 3cc theres cards and shadow power that can wipe him just cause hes 3cc such as boris ability and now your mine.and any burn spell like lightning strike fireball supernova etc,
    if he give the player who casted him 1 shadow energy and deals one damage to opposing players and no shadow energy for them and gets 5/4 stats for being brought back from the grave and dealing that one damage to the opponent from grave! i think he be a decent card with more strategy revolving around the player casting him he wouldnt be OP hes a 3CC hes so easy to kill still please change this if you can i love using him he helps but not enough to make him fully effective

and just to point out if you use him with the other mages hes a bad 3cc ally becuase he will be only used to boost shadow energy and no board presence i am speaking on behalf of all mage players hes almost worthless mage ally for other mage players and only useful to gravebone he should be encouraged to play thats what dp is for right? play new cards? he should be a desired card for mages as a option that would be beneficial in any situation
    Last edited by toogah; 05-01-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: needed to add a point
    ign BP Leviosablade

The Keeper Of The Sun-Blighted Ones
    Warrior Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn
    LDL 28-APR-13 CHAMPION

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree. Let's face it, this ally is meant for gravebone... yet giving your opponent SE kills the card.

What if we change it so that like PotL, opponent loses 1 SE? Instead of both gaining one.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Helio View Post
    I agree. Let's face it, this ally is meant for gravebone... yet giving your opponent SE kills the card.

What if we change it so that like PotL, opponent loses 1 SE? Instead of both gaining one.
    Are you suggesting that one hero loses 1 se and the other hero still gains? Or just that there is no gain at all and the other hero loses?

I'm on the fence here. I think it would be too good for non-gb mages if the hero who played SBO got a +1 se advantage. It would essentially be a better potl (that does 1 ping). On the other hand, I agree that it is hard to use in GB in some matches because you just can't afford to be giving certain heroes se.

Also, I would have liked this ally as a buff to nishaven if it had no graveyard effect and instead was immune to lightning damage. But I guess that's a card for the next expansion.
    A1 roustabout ~ A1's Slinking Ne'er-do-well
    A1: Evolution in Theory | www.a1-alliance.org
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust

Proleptic member of PFG3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Helio View Post

no i suggest he doesnt give or take shadow energy to the opposing hero.
    his abillity to deal 1 damage to hero is too handy im saying he should only give the hero you play 1 shadow energy while dealing one point of damage to opposing heroes and no gain for them
    ign BP Leviosablade

Greatness Reborn
    LDL 28-APR-13 CHAMPION

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is one of my favorite cards to play with right now. Although it's pretty much an auto sack against Boris or Eladwyn the way it is now. I think if it didn't give your opponent SE as well it would be crazy strong.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I never understood why this card was given the from graveyard ability...why not a simple opposite of PotL?

You gain +1 SE, opponent loses 1 life?

At 3/3 I find that hardly OP (and I played this card a lot on test with Gravebone, it was a fun strategy).
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRao View Post
    I never understood why this card was given the from graveyard ability...why not a simple opposite of PotL?

You gain +1 SE, opponent loses 1 life?

At 3/3 I find that hardly OP (and I played this card a lot on test with Gravebone, it was a fun strategy).
    i think it should give the buff.
    it would interest players into playing gravebone decks.
    because lets face it isnt it boring playing against the same heroes like bane bow eladwyn rush and any stereotypical decks with same strategy?
    ign BP Leviosablade

Greatness Reborn
    LDL 28-APR-13 CHAMPION

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    AI think something like this would be good.

When sun blighted one is summoned you gain 1SE and all opposing heroes lose 1 life.
    When entering play from a graveyard sun blighted one gains 2 attack and 1 health.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriminal13 View Post
    AI think something like this would be good.

When sun blighted one is summoned you gain 1SE and all opposing heroes lose 1 life.
    When entering play from a graveyard sun blighted one gains 2 attack and 1 health.
    instead of summoned it should be when enters play that way you still gain shadow energy and deal 1 damage and get that plus 2att and 1 health when played from graveyard
    ign BP Leviosablade

Greatness Reborn
    LDL 28-APR-13 CHAMPION

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    since the start it was meant for GB imo his stats should have been 3/4 like most 3 cost allies. the designers of this card thought that given that his ability gives you SE and damages the opponent they thought this would even it out(but obviously it didnt).that way it wouldnt be taken out by one lightning strike.or if to keep his stats 3/3 make it so that u deont get damaged by his eff but your opponent still does and still gain the se but only for you.
    A1: EVOLUTION IN THEORY