Close

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Tokens

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    Sorry! Kyle has a thread going on bitcointalk.org and is most definitely referring to the kickoff as an ICO

If he isn't selling crypto-currency he has chosen a strange place and peculiar partners....
    Gah. I haven't seen this (should be here in the SE forums really, but hey). It's annoying that the seller appears even at this stage to be misleading people about the sale. Perhaps not intentional. But adds to the lack of confidence. I wonder how many people actually understand what Kyle is selling: it's not a share of the company / product / profits!

The white paper should articulate what the Tokens actually do, and therefore what the sale means ... but it's yet to appear

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is their a fiduciary duty to the token holders? How is profit share distributed and is it before or after the shadow era owner sets his earnings?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy131313 View Post
    Is their a fiduciary duty to the token holders? How is profit share distributed and is it before or after the shadow era owner sets his earnings?
    There is no fiduciary duty. That's part of my point: people don't know what they are buying. To our second question, we have no idea how the profit share works (if at all) because the white paper has not been published.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    Gah. I haven't seen this (should be here in the SE forums really, but hey).
    I guess you missed it on this thread:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post601449

EDIT: But that's also the same post you quoted earlier about campaign being on track. I'm confused!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As there is no whitepaper yet, we don't have that kind of solid information. We get stuff like this:

Each token represents a share of ownership of the game Shadow Era, the digital assets, intellectual property, and physical card inventory. There are 10,000,000 tokens in total. Besides being publicly tradable, players get many benefits and rewards from being token holders. However, digital tokens are not shares in a company nor are they financial securities. There will be a trust company to manage the assets and bank accounts, and the Board of Directors will be directing the development and token holders will vote on major decisions.

The bitcoin thread can be found here:

ShadowToken

We're excited to formally announce the ShadowToken ICO for the highly rated Shadow Era TCG.
    Please reserve this thread for questions and comments about the game or tokens.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I guess you missed it on this thread:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post601449

EDIT: But that's also the same post you quoted earlier about campaign being on track. I'm confused!
    That link is this thread! What I mean is I haven't been over to the bitcontalk page

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The bitcoin talk page is only posts from paid advertisers that receive bounty (free shadow tokens) and has no additional info on what shadow tokens really are.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy131313 View Post
    The bitcoin talk page is only posts from paid advertisers that receive bounty (free shadow tokens) and has no additional info on what shadow tokens really are.
    Free shadow tokens for bounty? This is not in the original breakdown ... I presume these are not from the public share? Oh dear.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    Free shadow tokens for bounty? This is not in the original breakdown ... I presume these are not from the public share? Oh dear.
    "5% of tokens will be rewarded for bounties and referrals"

That came out of the 15% he was keeping for himself (now keeping only 10%).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The original post says 28% for the development team - http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....to-the-Players
    The bitcointalk thread says 18%
    Now 10% how?

Sorry for so many questions but it seems the allocation is becoming a moving target and it is hard to understand.