Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post Help with Jericho Spellbane

Jericho is in no doubt one of the most powerful heroes in shadow era, however, knowing how to use him can be a pain in the rectum.

I've made a new account, IGN: HaeloDexerZ, focused on Jericho Spellbane (and maybe Zhanna Mist later). I have about 10 games of, one of which I lost, but would've won given one more turn (I had a Dimension Ripped Armor of Ages).

The deck in that particular account is not fully build, but can hold it's own against most decks; even against fully competitive decks. I will post my current deck with the new account and my deck with my main account below.

Side note: Jericho does not fair well with mages, but it absolutely CAN defeat a mage given a few good draws, no luck necessary.

New Account Jericho Spellbane Deck:

x1 Jericho Spellbane
    x4 Jasmine Rosecult
    x4 Puwen Bloodhelm
    x4 Blake Windrunner
    x2 Raven Wildheart
    x1 Aldon the Brave
    x2 Aeon Stormcaller

x2 Healing Touch
    x2 Tidal Wave
    x2 Ice Storm
    x2 Destroy Arms
    x1 or x2 Resurrection (suit yourself)
    x2 Smite
    x2 Curse

x2 Retreat

x4 Wizent's Staff

37 or 38 Cards total

Main Account Jericho Spellbane Deck:

x1 Jericho Spellbane
    x3 Jasmine Rosecult
    x4 Puwen Bloodhelm
    x2 Blake Windrunner
    x3 Raven Wildheart
    x3 Aldon the Brave
    x4 Aeon Stormcaller

x3 Tidal Wave
    x2 Ice Storm
    x3 Destroy Arms
    x1 Resurrection
    x3 Smite
    x2 Curse
    x2 The King's Pride
    x4 Wizent's Staff

40 Cards total

Jericho will become extremely powerful mid-game and end-game. It's "The King's Pride" and "Aeon Stormcaller" make a huge difference in the ultimate outcome of the game, along side with "Tidal Wave."

You can look at the strategies I use for this deck in my HaeloDexerZ account (captitalization doesn't matter).

Best regards,
    Benacio

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, nice to see another Jerico out there. =)
    Friendly tip, add inn 4 Birgitte Skullborn. With it, mages and stuff like Banebow/Zalazar's powers will be much easier for you.
    No problem shareing this strategy, cause almost none uses priests and useing Birgitte effectivly is not as easy as it might sound. But give it a go, and thank me later....

Edit: Lastely, this build is very different from my own, so Im ancious to know how it works in the long run. Would be nice to hear more from you in the future. Best of luck to you!

Oh, and Blake sucks.
    Last edited by Anqwa; 10-17-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anqwa View Post

Edit: Lastely, this build is very different from my own, so Im ancious to know how it works in the long run. Would be nice to hear more from you in the future. Best of luck to you!

Oh, and Blake sucks.
    Thank you for the tip. I will definitely try it out and tell you how it goes. It sounds like a pretty decent strategy that can be easily adopted.

For the strategy, getting and 2 or 3 drop in first hand in pretty important (also a Wizent's Staff). The key is to go for early board advantage and don't let the opposition receive too much board control. But them getting board control is not much of a problem. Turn 5 Tidal wave or turn 6 Aeon will easily turn the game around. I've done with without a tidal wave with a raven hit to 0 attack with 2 ravens on the opposition, and it's not that difficult with this deck, considering it is very powerful and effective. You might think the Ice Storms and Smites aren't necessary, as does many Jericho users, but it is to help/ maintain board control, and Ice Storm has saved my behind in 60% of my games. Even though this deck is ally dependent, there may be a point where you aren't drawing good and your important allies have fallen. I never sacrifice my Resurrection unless I'm sure I will win late game. It is a very good card and you only really need 1 (2 at most) per game. Using that and knowing for sure you will draw some good allies next turn with normal draw and Wizent's staff is a great way to come back from a game. I always win with Jericho with the scenario of early board control wins or mid-game comeback wins, even if my situation is dire. Priest FTW =)

And as for the blakes. I agree they aren't the best, but with a birgitte and maybe aldon, they can do massive damage. The casting cost is only 2 so it can give easy early board control and gives a good presence.

If I may ask, please share your Jericho deck with us. I would love to see what you have and hear your strategies for winning. Also, maybe we can go against each other sometime!

Best Regards,
    Benacio

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    use blake in your mage deck... with portal.

and i dont agree that jericho is that good.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 10-17-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sure, some Jerico duels could be fun. =) Not sure, Ill share my whole deck atm. But what I can tell you, it is based on quick to mid game wins while still being strong in the late game, if forced.

* The problem,... well the main problem with Blake, is that he is very easy to get around. As good as all well built shadowdecks have Dark Flyers or Flame Serpents. Dark Flyers are the ideal counter to Blake, and that is even if you get blake out first. This is a place were Birgitte is a godsend. But relying on spesific draws like that is hardly wise. Even with this draw for you, the oponent still have a few ways to get the board inT3. So, you'd be better of haveing multiple ways to get early board controll.

* When it comes to Ice Storm, I compleately agree with you. Haveing 4 in my build myself, I do see the value . However, I dont have a single smite atm. Max I ever had, were two. And I never got any use out of them, with mostely 4+ hp units on my oponents side. I ended up burneing them for resources, or on the hero. But Id rather go for some board controll.

* As for Tidal Wave... well, sure I have two of them, but just as emergency cards. Both nova, and Tidal Wave is to easy getting around. And I dont even count that nirthaven or w/e that mage is called. Only one I have SOME problems with are that elemental board wipe, with the elemental hero who can sacrefice a unit for hp. And even against him, you just have to stay on your toes. =)

@cait. If you find yourself with 4 Blakes on hand, and a portal out you are doing more wrong then right I suspect. Or it is realy lategame... and as a mage you should not be in the realy late game . As for not being so good. Well sure, its a matter for opinions I guess. Just keep in mind that mages are as close as it gets to our counter, and it sounds like you are playing one, I might be wrong about that, tho.
    Last edited by Anqwa; 10-18-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: stuff

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    more saying that blakes only use is with mages and portal. makes him another "burn" spell. 3 damage 2cc basically. and its possible he and his twins might be around another turn. and no, i dont use him in a mage deck. dont play mages that much. dont play humans that much as well.

and you are talking about Elementalis and she isnt a he

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    more saying that blakes only use is with mages and portal. makes him another "burn" spell. 3 damage 2cc basically. and its possible he and his twins might be around another turn. and no, i dont use him in a mage deck. dont play mages that much. dont play humans that much as well.

and you are talking about Elementalis and she isnt a he
    =0 My mistake about Elementalis.
    And, yeh I see what you mean about blake+portal. But keep in mind that Priests gets item destruction without drawbacks. And there really is not many dangerous items coming from mages, cept for that darned portal. Still, mind you, how often do you see back to back portals? Ill admit being screwd then, but Ill take my chances with those odds.

PS: A good priests always keep at least one heal and one item destruction at hand.
    Last edited by Anqwa; 10-18-2011 at 12:33 AM. Reason: phraseing

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well it depends on your Theme and Play style. Most Priest are Late Bloomer after the Tidal Wave in Turn 5 and if you lasted with more health else you might get burn by the Mages.

I once met a Plague Priest who keeps Plaguing my resources and he only play weenies and his Curse render my weenie helpless..... Guess he must have very Lucky Hands to be able to control the whole game with Plagues.....

So it really depends on your play style..... And do read the Priest Strategy Thread in the forum to gain more insight on others sharing....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes priests have item destruction, they can destroy 4 items if they go through their whole deck. and there is research, bazaar as well as portal in there to take care of. plus armor and a staff that freezes your allies...

and 1 use of portal can change the game. and i run into back to back portals quite a bit actually. from the more experienced players i play in custom matches.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    yes priests have item destruction, they can destroy 4 items if they go through their whole deck. and there is research, bazaar as well as portal in there to take care of. plus armor and a staff that freezes your allies...

and 1 use of portal can change the game. and i run into back to back portals quite a bit actually. from the more experienced players i play in custom matches.
    Sorry my bad.... I read wrongly .....

Nice Share....