Close

Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    2012-10-31 around 23:30 GMT.
    Two games against user mhaux in a row ended very early (no rating change or XP awarded - verified by comparing stats before and after; apparently not recorded).

First game: Game suddenly becomes unresponsive during mhaux's turn. Internet connection appears OK, but suddenly the game pops up a symbol that seems to indicate "no WLAN connection". (I have never seen this before.) Game announces defeat but too short.

Second game: Game ends during mhaux's turn. Internet connection appears OK, no symbol indicating otherwise. Interface stays responsive throughout. Game announces win but too short.

PS regarding my previous bug report (post above): As always except in the one case described in the present post, the interface stayed responsive throughout. When I get bored, I click the Camera button every few seconds to test this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    11:45pm pst
    Hugedeck vs m6or

First defeat of the season
    Synced out on m6or's turn and I was given a defeat screen and awarded 100xp

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by johaquila View Post
    2012-10-31 about 21:48 GMT.
    Speculation: Could it be the case that (almost) all players experiencing this bug do not have chat enabled? Could it be the case that it occurs when one player makes a proposal via chat and the other player cannot respond because they don't even get the message?
    I don't have chat disabled and I've also not attempted to contact the other person when he appears not to be doing anything.

My speculation is that the other player knows the game is lost so just quits out of it, rather than waiting for the opponent to win. This was clear from my previous bug report on the last page when when I seached for his name as soon as the defeat screen appeared, he was already playing another game and had been for 2 minutes, whereas two minutes ago he was technically still on his sacrifice phase with me.

Obviously there is some kind of bug where the player is just quitting awarding you the win in terms of rating going up but giving you a defeat screen and defeat xp.

Not good for people grinding but at least you are getting winners rating.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Glognar View Post
    My speculation is that the other player knows the game is lost so just quits out of it, rather than waiting for the opponent to win. This was clear from my previous bug report on the last page when when I seached for his name as soon as the defeat screen appeared, he was already playing another game and had been for 2 minutes, whereas two minutes ago he was technically still on his sacrifice phase with me.

Obviously there is some kind of bug where the player is just quitting awarding you the win in terms of rating going up but giving you a defeat screen and defeat xp.
    Makes sense: If the opponent is active in a new game, then obviously they can't respond to yours. A poor server implementation might not recognise this and count the opponent as active because technically they are.

Come to think of it: Maybe 2 players can log in and play simultaneously as the same user? This could cause all sorts of weird symptoms.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by johaquila View Post
    Come to think of it: Maybe 2 players can log in and play simultaneously as the same user? This could cause all sorts of weird symptoms.
    I think that is impossible I have been playing on my tablet before and then gone on to my laptop and when I go back to my tablet it says i have logged in somewhere else so was logged out on the tablet.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Me: Alvaro Pery
    Opponent: Destructor1987
    Tme: 2200
    Time Zone: GMT +1

I don't get any error message, the game just ends and I'm defeated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. I have same problem. And i never see this in game that looks as lose for me!!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ETC Preybird vs Inutse

Won the game, got the victory screen, and the XP and gold, however no rank boost and checking my history it reports as a draw.

Peithoson was spectating, said it appeared as a draw for him.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it's a bit tedious to report all of the instances. it's happened to me 3 times since my post yesterday. it seems to happen every single time someone is in a position where they will leave the game early.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Player 1 Pipolp999
    Player 2 Expected Value (me)

Game stops for a few minutes and I am given the defeat screen and gain 50 exp. My rank did increase however. My opponent was in a hopeless situation when this happened.