Close

View Poll Results: Should Every Card Look Amazing?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 51.43%
  • No

34 48.57%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There have been some cards with not as great art in all the sets really. To me the set that has the worst art is actually DP. Many of the pieces in that set by Trias Digital are just not up to par, and there a great deal of arts by them in DP. Granted we haven't seen all SF art yet, but I'd say that what we have seen so far has been on average better than DP, aside from a few off pieces.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

plo
    It is just my oppinion, but I don`t think Frying Pan and Exaltation are so bad as you are claiming. I don`t think they fall too far behind if you compare with the other art. Some are complaining about FP and Exaltation, but it has to be seen if there is concensus on this. It has to be seen if there are not many like me who thinkk they are reasonable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Almost forgot. Sword of Might sucks. It is just a picture of a generic sword with some ornamental design. Also the way it looks cropped (If it is) is awkward. Works for a power metal album, but definitely not for SE.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark
    Almost forgot. Sword of Might sucks. It is just a picture of a generic sword with some ornamental design. Also the way it looks cropped (If it is) is awkward. Works for a power metal album, but definitely not for SE.
    I agree on this. I've said before that Sword of Might looks like a disembodied forearm holding a sword, and the sword is sort of cut off so that it looks almost more like a dagger than a sword. Needs to be zoomed out a bit at the very least.

As for some of the other cards mentioned, I like Exaltation and Reverberate well enough, not the best out of the entire set, but not terrible. Personally I think Reverberate and Exaltation could be related lore-wise (at least that's my opinion, maybe I should write a fan fiction on this, lol). Frying Pan is a humorous card just by its existence, and the artwork appropriately reflects this IMO.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Capo 9 View Post
    Cutlass is bad too
    Wut...
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the idea about viska and pithing spear.But in my opinior, the elemental cards has all meet the acceptable level, just need sometime to adapt the new style.However, vess is a bit frail than I imaged.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't see why so many people are dogging on Exaltation, I really like it. The dude in the picture is overflowing with so much power that his body has transcended a physical form and become pure energy. The art is also very similar to the other SF Elemental cards and fits right in. I honestly don't see what people were expecting for a simple frying pan. Hopefully Wulven uncrops the picture a bit to show the ruined city in the background or at the very least the dead soldiers on the ground.

As for Sindarok... She definitely deserves different art. I can see how its current art looks feminine, but the mage hat is a little silly.

Riphide is the only other card that really disappointed me. I was expecting a really terrifying looking Wulven tearing something apart. An armored werewolf with blood on his hand isn't exactly what I was expecting.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Im glad more people are jumping on the "switch viska and pithing spear art" bandwagon.
    Change the name if you must (viska the scarlet spear and blade of the aldmor). Just please make it happen, wulven!
    PK Love

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll always be for AMAZING art only. Full stop.

Moreover if u think of more than 1 year to choose ... to me it's still unbelievable that we won't have amazing only arts.

We of course have good and nice "fantasy/shadow style" art, but I agree this set has also a lot of bad themed ot feint art as I pointed out already in more than 1 post.

I can understand most of players care of the game mechs only, I don't ... and I'm a player as well, so to me art is at least as important as the nice balance the game currently has.

Just my 2 cents,
    mm75

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just want SE to use art that fits the theme of the DP and CotC sets, not differentiate in SF.

That said, the faster we get the art, the better. It should also be secondary to the features that should be developed for the game. Auction house, in game tournaments, campaign, everything has been on the backburner/works for too long. That's what's killing the game for players that have been around for a long time now.