Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Law of the Wolf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Post Law of the Wolf

I've decided to write a little novel about one of my favorite heroes in Shadow Era (haven't you figured out who is it yet?) allyless Darkclaw.
    So let's start and see how it goes.

Chapter one. "Voice of Winter."

It was one cold night. Deafening silence spred across the edge of the forest. Even thin air seemed frozen. Crumbly snow crisped beneath his measured steps. He walked unhurried. Never use more energy than you can regain by hunt. Vague trace of blood dragged behind his path. But he wasn't worried about his wounds, he just waited for the full moon to raise and he knew that all the scratches will heal at no time. Chilling stream of evil winter wind blew from the north. He shrugged his nose, he caught something elusive in the stream of air. He didn't knew yet what that was exactly, but definitely felt strongly about it. It was wind of changes. He didn't knew what will change, but he was positive by that moment that world will never be the same again. This awareness made him to speed up his steps a little bit. He wanted to know what is about to be changed, because the information is the key to survival and victory.

Others called him the Darkclaw, according to some versions this name was given to him because the only thing that he washed his hands with was his enemies blood. But he didn't care about his name. He never asked himself such a question: "What is my name?", it seemed completely pointless to him because he hadn't anyone who will call him. He lived according to the law of the wolf, he soaked it with his mother's milk. Never trust anybody, even yourself, never rely on anyone but yourself, noone can help you better than you can. This world is harsh, there are enemies everywhere, if you want to survive you must defend yourself. And best defense is attack. Approach them unseen, bite them hard and retreat before they understood what happened. Than return and bite again, seed the panic and terror in their hearts. They have no chanced against you as long as you concealed by your most powerful ally - darkness.

He was elder cub in brood, he forestall his brothers for a couple of minutes but still he was first. He fought his brothers for every piece of meat mother managed to bring them. In month he killed two of his brothers and only youngest one managed to survive somehow due to natural skill to dodge his deadly bites and hide in right moment. Darkclaw was the strongest one. As soon as he could hunt alone, he abandoned his family and started to live wild and free life which he loved so much.

He was coming closer to the source of that smell he felt earlier. He sniffed again and it struck him: "Huuuumaaaans...". He knew that his ancestors were humans long time ago, but he had neither sympathy for them nor compassion. They were like tiny puppies shivering in the dark, and fear of the dark he could never understand. Darkness was the greatest boon given to him by wulven gods, and he could operate in shadow better than any human would in the light. People need society to survive, he doesn't. Men need weapons to gain combat advantage, he can deal with his teeth. Humans would start war with each other killing and enslaving one each, deceiving and overriding to live at another's expense. Darkclaw was alien to this.

Now he was really close, at distance of few miles or so and he could distinguish separate smells. And there were a lot of new, unknown scents that aroused his interest. But one stench he knew very well, as soon as he recognized it, his heart clutched.

So it concludes the first chapter. I would like to hear your response, critique, opinions, notes and do you want to see more of this?
    Last edited by Unruler; 02-21-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just can't enjoy a story about allyless Darkclaw, I hate that deck so much

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am fairly new around here...but I believe this is the first piece of lore that I've read. I think it's an amazing idea to get some back stories to the heros and maybe even for a few of the allies. So far, I like the direction. You narrative idea and style are appealing and certainly the overall pathos the story seems appropriate for Darkclaw. My only issue is that it needs to be proof read for grammar and spelling errors. It would be a nice final product I am sure after some polish. I'd say keep with it! I'd read more.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So Moonstalker is the youngest brother ? And you give too much human feelings to DC imo, how can he understand and reject what he doesn't know ? Like "...it seemed completly pointless to him..." or "...the world is harsh, there's enemy everywhere..." No no no, He is the big bad wolf, he is the one who make this world harsh, we are the prey !!!

I would prefer something like, ...Humans named him Darkclaw, but he doesn't know, the only things he ever heards from a human was "Aaaarrrrgghhhh"...
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentuequi View Post
    So Moonstalker is the youngest brother ? And you give too much human feelings to DC imo, how can he understand and reject what he doesn't know ? Like "...it seemed completly pointless to him..." or "...the world is harsh, there's enemy everywhere..." No no no, He is the big bad wolf, he is the one who make this world harsh, we are the prey !!!

I would prefer something like, ...Humans named him Darkclaw, but he doesn't know, the only things he ever heards from a human was "Aaaarrrrgghhhh"...
    Chapter one. "Long story short."

Roaaarrr. Roar roar wharrr, *sniff* whrrr whog rar ROAR.

Roor Roiar "Darkclaw" Roar roarrrr *grunt* rooor "Aaaarrrrgghhhh".

Chapter 2...
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thank you guys for response!

Quote Originally Posted by Scampi View Post
    I just can't enjoy a story about allyless Darkclaw, I hate that deck so much
    I can understand that, but this is not about the deck, it's about the character and probably will help you to understand why is he the way he is.

Quote Originally Posted by phallicjustice View Post
    I am fairly new around here...but I believe this is the first piece of lore that I've read. I think it's an amazing idea to get some back stories to the heros and maybe even for a few of the allies.
    There's some lore, not awful lot of it though. There's official prologue, you can search for it on this forums and few fan stories. I think additional lore is never a hurt for a fantasy game, but since it's really not in a focus in this case I don't know whether it will be appropriate or not.
    So far, I like the direction. You narrative idea and style are appealing and certainly the overall pathos the story seems appropriate for Darkclaw.
    I'm glad you liked it. I'm trying to create a character with personality and provide some insights from his perspective.
    My only issue is that it needs to be proof read for grammar and spelling errors.
    I know but I probably need someone's help with correction since grammar isn't really my strongest side.
    It would be a nice final product I am sure after some polish. I'd say keep with it! I'd read more.
    Nice to see such opinion. It could really go a long way, but with limited interest I don't see the point honestly...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentuequi View Post
    And you give too much human feelings to DC imo, how can he understand and reject what he doesn't know ? Like "...it seemed completly pointless to him..." or "...the world is harsh, there's enemy everywhere..." No no no, He is the big bad wolf, he is the one who make this world harsh, we are the prey !!!
    Well he isn't just wolf really. He's wulven, werewolf, partly wolf and partly human and he's much more intelligent than you would might imagine from the first glance (look at the Lone Wolf art he uses Ipad!). He needs to study his enemies to be able to beat them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wulven aren't werewolf FYI, and i'm not saying DC isn't intelligent, but he doesn't waste his time thinking of what humans say or do, or what is the dangerous world outside his lair, he just kill them, he is the danger..
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Darkclaw fans:

Some official lore for Darkclaw is being written at the moment by Shadow Era's newest Design Team member, NachyoChez.

I have no idea which direction it will go in, but it will be interesting to compare and contrast to Unruler's story here.

Thanks for contributing it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    HI all, rather new here. Found the game a few weeks back, fell in love with the Wulvens... hooked and enjoying the game.

Have to say I like the story so far. I think it is interesting to read others takes on a fantasy character and what not. Makes the whole back story thing enrich the game for those that enjoy it.

keep it up! looking forward to reading more... makes me also have ideas for the little brother character lines as well!

Squircifer