Close

Thread: Digital Sales

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Unhappy Digital Sales

I used to play this game in 2012-2013, but recently decided to come back to this game. I have mostly cards from Call of the Crystals, which was the only set at the time. There are lots of new cards and I saw they had a small and a large gift bag for $10 and $20 that had several packs from each set and shadow crystals. I went to purchase these yesterday and it is no longer there. I see they've been there for almost a year but why take them off now? The only digital sales now are shadow crystals at regular price. Did the new development team decide to remove deals for digital devices? It would be too expensive and time consuming to try and make a decent deck without any deals that everyone else had a chance to get. I guess it's just bad luck or bad timing for me, unfortunately. Are these "gift bags" going to return, or any other similar deals?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Digital Sales

Quote Originally Posted by RzRKNiF View Post
    I used to play this game in 2012-2013, but recently decided to come back to this game. I have mostly cards from Call of the Crystals, which was the only set at the time. There are lots of new cards and I saw they had a small and a large gift bag for $10 and $20 that had several packs from each set and shadow crystals. I went to purchase these yesterday and it is no longer there. I see they've been there for almost a year but why take them off now? The only digital sales now are shadow crystals at regular price. Did the new development team decide to remove deals for digital devices? It would be too expensive and time consuming to try and make a decent deck without any deals that everyone else had a chance to get. I guess it's just bad luck or bad timing for me, unfortunately. Are these "gift bags" going to return, or any other similar deals?
    Short answer: the deals were too generous so they've been taken away. Sorry but you've just missed out due to bad timing.

You can still grind for gold and XP for free on Meltdown and in rated matches and there are still sponsored tournaments and monthly Score prizes of SC and packs if you can't afford to pay normal rate for the crystals.

It's a shame that the great deals from before now make normal SC prices look high because the in-game SC is still very good value compared to other games.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree, the in-game Shadow Crystals are a good value compared to other games. But it seems like the players who had the opportunity to get this deal will have an unfair advantage to the new or returning players. It was limited to one deal per person, so it would be fair to give others the opportunity that everyone else had. But that is just my opinion, and thank you for the fast response.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RzRKNiF View Post
    I agree, the in-game Shadow Crystals are a good value compared to other games. But it seems like the players who had the opportunity to get this deal will have an unfair advantage to the new or returning players. It was limited to one deal per person, so it would be fair to give others the opportunity that everyone else had. But that is just my opinion, and thank you for the fast response.
    That's an interesting thought about making it fair in that way, but there will always be some variation in the amount players can afford to spend. We can't try to tackle that at the expense of hurting our business. I try in my spare time - down with capitalism!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow! I didn't see that coming! How come the "permanent" product is now out of sale? This post still says it is permanent: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-of-SE-is-Back!
    And there is no update saying something like "these are the last two weeks you can get this deal! Come and buy it fast!".
    These were a great option for additional tournament prizes for top 2 players
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Punisher View Post
    Wow! I didn't see that coming! How come the "permanent" product is now out of sale? This post still says it is permanent: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-of-SE-is-Back!
    And there is no update saying something like "these are the last two weeks you can get this deal! Come and buy it fast!".
    These were a great option for additional tournament prizes for top 2 players
    There's a difference between permanently and forever, I guess. Just like an artifact in SE is a permanent until someone blows it up. In this case, Kyle blew up the deal because it was harming his business. He even said in that post you linked to that "this deal is far too good". It's gone now for the good of the game.

If he gave notice that it was going, then he would only cause more people to take the deal that was already too much value, so I think he did the right thing not to advertise its removal. I see this as a positive for the game because it shows Kyle is thinking in the long-term - a two week last chance deal sounds very short term oriented.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    There's a difference between permanently and forever, I guess. Just like an artifact in SE is a permanent until someone blows it up. In this case, Kyle blew up the deal because it was harming his business. He even said in that post you linked to that "this deal is far too good". It's gone now for the good of the game.

If he gave notice that it was going, then he would only cause more people to take the deal that was already too much value, so I think he did the right thing not to advertise its removal. I see this as a positive for the game because it shows Kyle is thinking in the long-term - a two week last chance deal sounds very short term oriented.
    How about replacing it with a deal that doesn't hurt the business? Many games have a "Starter Package" for around $5 that you can only purchase one time. Assuming its done correctly, I see no problem with adding something like that (although I should mention it should be integrated into the in-game merchant rather than on the website).
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel