Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by chamthabo
    I don't know if you notice this, and maybe I'm wrong, but All Hope Is Lost and Infinity Core can't go along well together. AHiL's main strategy is making sure you have sufficient amount of them at the bottom of your deck and not discard them too much. Infinity Core messes that up because it shuffles your ally back into your deck. From my experience with FFM and Resurection, shuffling any card into your deck means your deck will be shuffled as well. You won't be able to keep AHiL at the bottom of your deck if you keep using Infinity Core, at least that is my assumption.
    Doesn't even really matter that it shuffles it, it puts the allies back in the deck, so no matter what it will wind up messing with the loop you want to have with AHiL, so regardless of the shuffle it will mess with that strategy.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you keep shuffling AHiL you are going to discard it, that means -1 damage with praxis or 1/3 harbingers (it could be a creature), so basically is AHiL or infinity core.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    AHiL is a great concept card but I generally dont see wasting 2 cards on it. Your opponent will either rage quit or lock their hand at 7 +1. Every time I have been in a position to use ahil the game was already over anyway. Ahil is nothing but a fast forward card in a mill game.

IC is great for small heals and keeping those devourers and reactories popping but with the speed that you mill yourself its only useful for heals as you will er before you get the perfect deck arranged (my stalladar loves IC Arthyle Temp Disturbance and BD with 7 in hand, rebuilds terrors and td deals 3 dmg each turn.). Not to mention alot of decks are taking recursion breakers (herald/death collector) to thin graveyards since sf showed up.

I personally would drop ahil for 41 cards and swap ic for living armor.

I love mill decks but they do suffer the same problems and if your building a mill prax and not an aggro prax I recommend taking a single energy discharge (er recursion double or trebles this so 1 is enough) for the end game aggro drops. Its frustrating to play an opponent who knows to wait and drop their whole hand and rush you down with an empty deck.

Reverberate: this card is awesome but you have no triggers other than ability and cultist. Try swapping the loom for shards. It will ensure your using all 3 reverberate turns and it still offers universal draw and discard (this is uncontrolled discard so keep this in mind if your still fishing for an er). Living armor adds to reverb as well as adding armor and a hasted 4/x. Antimatter is a controlled discard that will trigger reverb as well.

I will say that stalladar is my fav to counter aggro decks and prax seems to love burn decks.

Disclaimer: All thoughts and advice are based on my experience playing with the intent to mill. Hybrid and aggro play negates my opinions.
    Last edited by Misanthropic; 07-12-2014 at 09:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting deck, interesting hero.

"You can arrest me I'm Pee-Wee Herman!"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think I played against this deck once using kylt's zaladar deck, my discard abilities screwed him over quite badly :P
    By the way, I don't actually line up the stars, I rarely even see one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great write up, insightful, informative and a great guide for those who want to learn....

That being said.....Screw this deck, that hero and this particular play style! Milling. I've hated it since millstalker. Then millzal, and now we got a hero, who's whole ability is based on taking my cards away! 4 at a time! And hitting me w damage or my allies, ya got that its either OR..it should be just one allies or heros, not both. And he's a fricking Elemental, which means MC, SF, and all the Elemental tricks! Ughhh, I just can't stand it! And that AHL roll at the end, if successfull, just plain sucks. Nothing that does 5 damage should be recycled like that and cost only 1 resourse! why not return MC to your hand each time after use, maybe double the amount of SE that SF gives you? It's just a pissy way to destroy you opponent! I truly , truly hate this deck and play style.

That is all!
    From the king of Beers....Budwieser!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    Great write up, insightful, informative and a great guide for those who want to learn....

That being said.....Screw this deck, that hero and this particular play style! Milling. I've hated it since millstalker. Then millzal, and now we got a hero, who's whole ability is based on taking my cards away! 4 at a time! And hitting me w damage or my allies, ya got that its either OR..it should be just one allies or heros, not both. And he's a fricking Elemental, which means MC, SF, and all the Elemental tricks! Ughhh, I just can't stand it! And that AHL roll at the end, if successfull, just plain sucks. Nothing that does 5 damage should be recycled like that and cost only 1 resourse! why not return MC to your hand each time after use, maybe double the amount of SE that SF gives you? It's just a pissy way to destroy you opponent! I truly , truly hate this deck and play style.

That is all!
    From the king of Beers....Budwieser!
    AHiL is no where close to being as evil and op as you make it out to be.
    Getting both decks to fatique at the same time is harder than you might think, especially when you consider that close to the end prax cant use any discard abilities.
    Lets get real, there are very few ocassions where AHiL could steal a win from you. The vast majority of time your hand will be played out by the time fatique hits.
    Forcing opponent discard or simply keeping 7 in hand and 1 in the deck shuts down the combo.
    95% of the time AHiL just fast forwards the game you already lost if it ever gets used in the first place.

AHiL also cancels ER so while you may be in trouble after you played out your whole deck the miller cant regain all those MC and SF your upset over.

Mill is too easy to counter with smart and patient play. I love how many opponents click my shards all day then rage when they deck out.

In closing, prax wasnt built to be a mill hero. He is mid game aggro with deck disruption. To play prax as mill is harder than playing a milzar. Give me an elemental card that helps with hand destruction and Id be happy to make a frustration deck that warrants so much anger,( a homonculus that when discarded forces opponents to discard from hand, throw you into poverty mode while destroying your deck, yummy (ps. Serena should have been the hand destruction goddess but sadly she isnt. You think mill is difficult, be thankful SE hasnt introduced an effective hand destruction deck)

This is nothing but the opposite of a rush deck. Sometimes you gotta pack cards and change your playstyle to meet certain challenges. Or do you just prefer a game where the first to drop kings pride wins with no thought or planning?
    Last edited by Misanthropic; 07-13-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Played around with this a bit more... and you guys are right. This deck is kind of crap. I think the concept was WAAAAAAY better than exectution. Between the IC shuffles (chamthabo was right that it messes up the AHIL positions), and the overall mediocrity of Prax IMO, I've retreated back to Banebow until I can figure something better out. Thanks for the participation though, maybe I'll come back with something better eventually!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by StarLıneR View Post
    I think I played against this deck once using kylt's zaladar deck, my discard abilities screwed him over quite badly :P
    LOL pretty sure you did. I got effed in the bee pretty bad by a Zal.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck, I like the numbers! Thanks for sharing

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.