Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The Only Way to play Aramia. Effectively, Masterfully, and Decisively.

Hey Guys, I'm like to say i'm the self proclaimed founder of the Armia/Templar Style of decks. I posted a while ago and came up with this list.
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ghlight=aramia

Since then, I have tweaked and tuned and perfected this list.
    Its absolutely perfect in everyway and doesn't need any tweaking. Any deviation from it will hinder you. If you do happen to find anything that works better , however, do not be afraid to share. You Have 0 room for anything else if you happen to try this deck. I have been extremely stingy with this deck list and haven't given this deck to much play time so no one could take credit for it
    It has been playtested extensively.

Hero- Aramia x1
    Items:
    Scriptures of the Righteous- x3
    Amulet of Conjuring- x3
    Justicar's Cape- x1
    The Last Harvest- x1
    Urigon's Fang- x1
    Staff of Disintegration- x2

Total:11

Creatures:
    Avenger of the Fallen- x4
    Zealous Mystic- x3
    Guardian of Unaxio- x4
    Zailen Crusader- x3
    Knight of Unaxio- x4
    Templar Champion- x4

Total: 22

Abilities:
    Strength of Conviction- x2
    Lightning Strike- x4
    Ley Line Nexus- x1

Total: 7

Card Total: 40 + Hero

Resource Curve:

1cc: 3
    2cc: 10
    3cc: 9
    4cc: 17
    5cc: 1

Total: 40

The range of this deck is so broad that its rare that you come across and archetype that you cant handle. I will provide brief descriptions of cards and synergies for those who don't know why certain cards are good.

So lets begin

Why ARAMIA?
    Aramia, in my opinion, has the most useful ability out of all the mages. She can tutor up useful cards so you can always tune your deck to fit your needs or add your favorite cards. Also, She gives you access to the human archetype which gives you access to some EXTREMELY powerful synergies.

So what makes this deck so good?
    This is an over-the-top tempo deck that gains control of the board really easy and keeps it. If you happen to lose it you can regain it back within a turn or 2. It's not uncommon to finish games with 8 cards on the board to your opponents 0. We draws lots of cards, which everyone loves to do. We have answers and ways to beat other archetypes that other decks can't consistently take care of. We deal tremendous amounts of damage if we go unchecked, and we don't fear wrath effects. Overall takes a bit of practice to get used to the interactions if you don't use aramia. If you are an Aramia player you will find an appreciation for the skill and the many options you have to win or bounce back. There is always a way to win with this deck. You should always plan your turns and play as optimally as possible. If you play the wrong card at the wrong time your opponent can punish you for a turn or 2.

THE ENGINE:
    Scriptures of the Righteous- x3
    Tutorable: YES
    Rank(in terms of usefulness for Items): #1
    PROCs from: Zealous Mystic, Templar Champion, Avenger of the Fallen, Justicar's Cape

This should be your go to item when you tutor it with Aramia. After you grab you will be drawing 2 cards per turn. SotR allows you to maintain tempo, You are allowed to sacrifice for resources because you aren't afraid of when you will run out of cards. It synergies so perfectly with Aramia's shadow count; on the last time you would lose this card, you are able draw a card to destroy it then tutor up another SotR and the game still registers that arcane damage was dealt that turn so you are allowed to draw a card of the fresh SotR. Card is a must. We use 3 so we don't draw them in our opening and later in the game. I RARELY EVER CAST THIS CARD FROM MY HAND, UNLESS I HAVE NO PLAYS. You will not have time to cast this card or the resources to cast it . So tutor for it as much as possible.

*Special note: Justicar's Cape Makes ANY templar attack become ARCANE which will proc so you are able to draw a card from SotR

Amulet of Conjuring- x3
    Tutorable: NO
    Rank(in terms of usefulness for items):#3

This card is great for recovering or for closing out stalemate topdecks, Just using the ability once makes you feel like you're going to win, seriously. There are downsides to this card when activated or used at the wrong time that can effect the outcome of the game so you have to be smart about playing this. Only 3 are need so you will see atleast 1 per game if you need it. If you don't need it, its safe to use this one as a resource extremely early within the first 6 turns.
    Once you play this you should not be concerned with tutoring anymore since you will likely have very few targets left to tutor and it will DRAIN YOUR SHADOW ENERGY at the END of YOUR TURN. So make sure you plan ahead when you use this card. You will no longer be able to use Urigon's Fang to help you control the board, if you need it. You also will lose 1 life each time you use this. Thankfully, that 1 damage is negated by having the durable Guardian of Unaxio! When using this card be sure to cast your cards as much as possible and only draw at the end of the turn if you can help it. and try to KEEP ATLEAST 5-6 Resources MINIMUM. you are allowed to play more as you see fit, especially when you want to dual cast your 4 drops. but 8 is the most you will ever need.

Meet the other ITEMS:

The Last Harvest- x1
    Rank(in terms of usefulness for items):#2

This card is really amazing with Aramia. It allows you to close out the game, make your already durable creatures that much more durable and stronger allowing you to take control of the board and keep it. This card can be cast at any point to have on the field or tutored for on the 2nd time you use Aramia. Works better the more creatures you have but i activating it on 1 or 2 creatures isn't bad. Remember it cost 3 to active this ability. That is quite expensive in this deck if you have below 4 resources. you usually want to be able activate this as well as cast a card in the same turn. Although, it is safe to waste a turn doign this if you have 3 or more creatures on the board. Use it to keep tempo and stay ahead! You only need 1 , you only need to find it with Aramia situationally if you draw it cast it.

Justicar's Cape- x1
    Rank(in terms of usefulness for items):#5

This card is great but not great enough enough to want it every game. If you draw it and don't tutor for it , throw it away and make it a resource.
    The reason this card is in here though is because it will A) Makes your non arcane creatures turn arcane b) Readies creatures again so they can be used after they are exhausted. (extremely potent when you do this to Knight of Unaxio) c) It's an armor you can tutor for which may not seem like much, but when paired with multiple guardian's of unaxio it mitigates plenty of damage.
    Overall this card is a great finisher but should only be played as a 1 of so you can find it off of Aramia WHEN YOU NEED IT. Example,3/5 KoU activate ability, Swing 5, Activate Cape, Activate knight, Swing 7. Deals 11 Damage but you have to pitch 3 Spells.

*Special note: You only have 7 Targets to discard to this so dont overdo it.

Urigon's Fang- 1x
    Tutorable: Yes
    Rank(in terms of usefulness for items):#4

This item is will set you EXTREMELY behind in SHADOW ENERGY so you can really only expect to get to use it once or twice. This is your emergency tool used for when your opponent is starting to play a little to many creatures. This card will literally FREEZE the creature in its tracks and deals 1 point of damage to it. After you freeze the creature you could choose to address it then and there and finish it off without having to worry about taking damage from that creature or you can wait until your next turn. Useful, but cannot be used if you are using Amulet of Conjuring because AoC now drains 1SE. This card is safe to pitch as a resource . But you might want to cast it situationally like if you and you opponent both have 1 creature and you want to push through a bit more damage to either the hero or the creature. this gives you that option.
    Even after all that there is still more to this item, ARAMIA will be able to freeze creatures with her Staff of Disintegration. Buying you even more time to deal with creatures you can't take care of in a single turn.

Staff of Disintegration- x2
    Tutorable: NO
    Rank(in terms of usefulness for items):#6
    We don't the space in this deck for spells that easily remove armor and weapons. Thankfully we do have this Godsend. Only need 2 so you can draw it when you need it and it will do its job properly, guaranteed. A great Shadow Energy sink if you find yourself still not knowing what to do with your left over shadow energy. This card is great for breaking weapons and armor, especially in archetypes that rely on them to use there hero effectively or control the board. This card card will also allow you to freeze creatures, as i mentioned before, if you have Urigon's Fang on the board. I like to sandbag this card along with Leyline Nexus because i don't like losing to 5cc armor/weapons or weapons at all. Like I said, extremely useful card and does a marvelous job when it it relevant. I think this card is a must in every Aramia deck/ Mage deck. Only reason its ranked so low is because its situational.

That is for My Items Breakdown, Be sure to check back for the creature breakdown and spell breakdown. Any feedback, positive or negative. And when i get time i will Beautify this topic Until next time, Have fun with the decklist and tell me what you think of it.
    Last edited by Eryuad; 02-06-2015 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Adjusting Card names

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice effort, but the shortage of burn means your deck is not Millstalker-ready...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you for your post and your concern. I have played versus Millstalker decks quite and in my experience I prepare my board and hold maximum cards until they are dead. It is really annoying, but its not a difficult match up. I will have a match-up analysis coming sometime this week . Thanks again for your feedback. I appreciate it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The items are argueable since SoD isn't used much unless the meta has gone weapon heavy and why Urigon when you can just kill? The delayed stall might work I guess... Drop those and add some burn possibly? Considering you only have 2 attachments I would like to ask what is Zealous Mystic doing there, seems like anti-value since you won't get the haste off most of the time. This goes the same to Zailen crusader, you just don't have enough attachments to justify having it in your deck.
    All in all it looks interesting enough, I'll have a try.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryuad View Post
    Thank you for your post and your concern. I have played versus Millstalker decks quite and in my experience I prepare my board and hold maximum cards until they are dead. It is really annoying, but its not a difficult match up. I will have a match-up analysis coming sometime this week . Thanks again for your feedback. I appreciate it.

I dont know what kind of no-talent-wannabe-Millstalkers you've fought before, but it wouldn't work against mine Keep in mind hand-locks don't work against the good mill decks because I WILL discard one of your cards every turn, then cycle AHiL. One single LLN just ain't gonna get the job done against multiple Crescendos either, etc.

But then again, most players won't run into Millstalkers very often in QM so there's probably no point catering a deck to counter it (I mostly just troll with it sometimes). Besides, it's not like you'd run into Millstalkers in tournaments, etc anyways.

Carry on, carry on

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ugh. Not even fun. Just way too long, win or lose

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I remembered I faced a deck like this dunno if it was u but its long time ago.. this deck is fatal
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post the ally part please.

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The thing I see is you have barely any mage abillities or allies that do control. What methods do you have to control the board?
    Has this deck been to the tournament scene?
    I like the idea of the deck.
    But Ive played against it with my Boris. And ideas able to ace a win due to the fact I had better control elements and that my allies weren't being dealt with as I piled up.

What counters do you have consistently to deal with big allies and protectors and mass amount allies hitting the board? And weapon decks as well?

How's it fair against preist decks?
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How's it fair against preist decks?

NO FAIR