Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Card of the day - Bloodlust

I may have to add some more strategically placed hair to her... What do you think?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like a good card for shadow heroes, the picture is kinda creepy though....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I may have to add some more strategically placed hair to her... What do you think?
    I.. I...

I'm good! I think she's fine.

Lol.. I don't know what to tell ya. Sex really does sell to some extent. Most publishers of RPG games, and of course the comics industry will tell you the same. I recall the Editor-in-Chief of Dragon magazine (for 3.5), when it published by Paizo Publishing, telling a story about the issue with a hot drow chick on the cover. There were a few complaints but that issue outsold any other issue in the magazine's history, in some cases by three times as much.

What is your target audience? I reckon young adults 16 on up, right? I'm inclined to let it go until you get a lot of complaints. There will always be a few people who are unhappy of course.

(The odd/funny/ironic one will be a single guy who is outraged on behalf of all of feminity. I have seen that in real life.)

Ultimately, I can only speak for myself. Don't change it on my behalf, I'm fine with it the way it is.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I like the card, it seems like it would be an good uncommon/bad rare to me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like it!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think that we should have a small contest every day here to come up with the best flavor text on the COTD (reward being the text put on the card). I'll start for this one: "Young children are taught never to wander outside at night. Those who choose to question authority are never seen again."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Card looks fine, She doesn't have nipples and is clearly no longer human.
    Flavor text should be dynamic, changing with criteria met. That would be absolutely, ultra-mega, mindblowingly awesome. Just imagine, your hero is nearly depleted, your opponent has amassed an incredible force against you, then you look down and your card's flavor text only says "oh $hit"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaysme View Post
    Flavor text should be dynamic, changing with criteria met. That would be absolutely, ultra-mega, mindblowingly awesome. Just imagine, your hero is nearly depleted, your opponent has amassed an incredible force against you, then you look down and your card's flavor text only says "oh $hit"
    interesting idea on the dynamic flavor text, but that would be a great deal of coding for no real benefit.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Let's just say that I had to add the hair myself, the original is quite beautiful but probably has a PG-13 rating...

This is an amazing idea, and something we could certainly do in online TCG. It's this kind of polish that will make the game stand out! Thanks for the suggestion!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    This is an amazing idea, and something we could certainly do in online TCG. It's this kind of polish that will make the game stand out! Thanks for the suggestion!

I agree.. that's an awesome idea. Very innovative.. and nobody else has ever done that to my knowledge. Make it happen Kyle!
    Follow along with my Shadow Era Blog, where hopefully we'll be going through the Beta-Test together! Comments and observations welcome!