Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Watch some of my matches against Desky (Eladwen vs Eladwen). If anything, that should say about a couple of things:

DoT vs Instant Damage
    Research vs Bazaar/BS/Oracle combo

There's no doubt that I won due to some luck factor, but I believe that it takes more luck on the other player's side to win this.
    Last edited by Lyneth; 10-25-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If a game goes like this:

T1: Kris 1 dmg
    T2: Puwen. Kris deals 1 more dmg
    T3: Kris, Puwen + Kris 4 dmg

By T2, you have done the same dmg as using Arcane.
    By T3, you have done the same dmg as 1 FB.

This is why I feel that this has more synergy with Eladwen compared to using Birgitte + Blakes.

In an ideal situation of my deck vs Birgitte + Blake going 2nd, it goes like this:

T1: Birgitte
    T1: Kris (attack hero)
    T2: Blake
    T2: Retreats Birgitte, kill Blake
    Last edited by Lyneth; 10-25-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Scion View Post
    How does it fare against darkclaw?
    Eladwen does just fine against darkclaw. Pack a few of both misplaced and SS, and you're fine (add poor quality if you're especially worried). Remember that your spells go through rain delay, so that DC only really has 2 delays that work on you, his ability and full moon. Also, when he attacks SS, he's frozen and unable to use his ability for the next turn. Use misplaced on lone wolf to delay healing, or on full moon to get in necessary damage when you need it. DC should be cake for Eladwen.

My thoughts and ramblings:
    The art of death racing
    Hitting em with all you got
    In defense of bazaar
    Card draw engines and card draw advantage
    Damage Strategies in SE

A1's resident Mathemalogian
    A1 : Evolution in Theory.
    Member of the PFG, and guest article writer for GDC's website

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kamman13 View Post
    Eladwen does just fine against darkclaw. Pack a few of both misplaced and SS, and you're fine (add poor quality if you're especially worried). Remember that your spells go through rain delay, so that DC only really has 2 delays that work on you, his ability and full moon. Also, when he attacks SS, he's frozen and unable to use his ability for the next turn. Use misplaced on lone wolf to delay healing, or on full moon to get in necessary damage when you need it. DC should be cake for Eladwen.
    Yes, Eladwen can deal DC, but not with this deck. SS is very important against DC, but if I replace the two PQ with SS... it has less synergy, but probably more balanced overall against more heroes (ie DC).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck, fun to play.
    Btw why not -1 nova / -1 oracle ?
    Do you really need 4 of each ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would drop oracle for aldon you have more then enough draw with 4 BS and 4 Bazaar.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm... I never realized Oracle yields his 2 cards when you kill him yourself.. Puts them in a different light. Tnx for the info! (Free is urgently changing decks...)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LeiBruc View Post
    I would drop oracle for aldon you have more then enough draw with 4 BS and 4 Bazaar.
    The problem is not just drawing power, but the ability to create that card advantage when nobody seems willing to put a Bazaar on the table.

The problem with putting Aldon is that he costs 3. Once the board is wiped, then you'll usually be facing cards that cost 5 or more to cast. By then, Aldon has no staying power unless you clear the enemies one by one, damage that could've been dealt to the hero instead.

Therefore, during post-wipe, even Puwen doesn't have much utility, but is a decent meatshield. In post-game, Puwen is as good as Blake, really, because they don't mean to stay long in the board. That's why ironically, post-nova, Krisses are more important and relevant, because they usually can do some damage before they die.

So, the good thing about Puwen post-nova is that he's cheap to cast, whereas Aldon cost more and has less utility (plus you can only have one of him in the board). At least, with two Puwens on the board (very rare to happen, but possible), the enemy will have to target two creatures on the board.

You'll find that it's a lot better to have cast 1 LS + 1 Puwen than casting 1 LS and not being able to cast Aldon because you don't have enough mana. Whereas Oracles aren't summoned to stay. They are there to stall the game so that the opponent will cast a CB, kill it, and they will give you more turns so you can cast your ability. That is why even Oracles have more utility than Aldon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    On top of my last post, the reason why Puwen, Kris and the Oracle are so much better than Aldon is found in a less obvious advantage in this update: It decreases the value of Shadow Font card and the many heroes' abilities, such as Victor's, Logan's and Boris'. Imagine Logan killing Puwen using his skill, he only gets a 1 more life advantage. Similarly, if Victor uses his ability against a Puwen, he only gets 2 damage total really.

These creature cards are meant to be meatshields in a post-nova game, and meatshields ought to be cheap but can render enough distraction for at least a turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What would evil ascendant do for your party, I mean if the other player dropped it t3?
    "fairwell, friend. I was a thousand times more evil than thou!"

Proud member of ETC
    1.28 Tournament winner
    Entertaining the Cosmos