Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Portal Eladwen - Please help

Here is a deck that I have crafted and I'm trying to use.

Hero: Eladwen Frostmire

Allies (24):
    4x Caravan Smuggler
    4x Jasmine Rosecult
    4x Eastroad Bandit
    4x Tainted Oracle
    2x Raven Wildheart
    2x Growing Bog-dweller
    2x Resolute Hornbeam
    2x Nathanias, People's Champion

Abilities (9):
    2x Lightning Strike
    4x Portal
    3x Transmogrification Curse

Items (6):
    4x Tome of Knowledge
    2x Amulet of Conjuring

The core idea. The meta is fast, but so am I! (lol) This portal deck aims to speed itself up with caravan and eastroad so I can reach its critical mass of resources (about 10 so use can use double draw and play 2 5cc allies per turn) more easily. The draw is good, abusing the absurd amount of resources to be had with amulet and should the late game come, I should be able to keep spamming hasted Champion, Raven and Hornbeam to overwhelm the enemy. Also it is worth noting how Bog allows draw and resources on demand (devouring Caravan or Oracle) and extends the deck's lethal.

The problems. I don't have AoE and the deck is frail vs mid range decks and aggression due to the lack of midgame options. Please suggest changes that address the above mentioned issues or highlight new ones while keeping the core theme of the deck intact.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Possibly something like dagger of unmaking? It could help to slow down the opponent some. Maybe change out LS for nova so you can have a board reset
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have found that should I need nova I am usually so low on health that using it drops my health to under 5 but I am considering it. Also yes another thing is that it lack weapon and armor support. Dagger of unmaking might help but I am unsure of a)how many copies to include and b)how and when to use it.

Also, does my hero take the damage when attacking or it the bouncing instant?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A possible alternative for nova would be yahari. Takes your se but no damage to you and doesn't effect fatties.

When using DoU think of it as a way to either punish your opponent for hitting hero or keep them from doing it. Either way you get value. When you attack the bounce happens before they hit you back. So no damage. When they attack they hit first so they get the damage. But you still get the bounce.

I think 2 or 3 copies is fine. Maybe -1 curse -1 jasmine -1 bandit -2 LS
    +2 yahari +3 DoU?
    Last edited by TJ dubdub; 04-10-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We are on the same page with -2LS (they were filler anyways), -1 curse, but won't removing 2x3cc allies damage my resource curve?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Based on my experience with Smuggler and Bandit in my other decks they are fun more cards. If you want to win more often I would recommend better 2cc and 3cc allies like Layarian Knight and Aldon. Going first you can get ahead with them so you don't need to play catch up. Here is an old portal Loest deck I had. Issue with it since last update is that Sorcerer of Endia has become low impact ally in terms of attack power, I would recomend subbing him for another hard hitting utility ally like Eris. Without sorcerer there is probably no need for 4 of Transmog Curses. But basis is good.

Hero: Loest, Savior of Layar

Allies (21):
    4x Layarian Knight ~400g
    3x Aldon the Brave ~430g
    3x Priest of the Light ~460g
    3x Sorcerer of Endia ~120g
    3x Tainted Oracle ~450g
    3x Raven Wildheart ~400g
    2x Nathanias, People's Champion ~1000g

Abilities (12):
    4x Fireball ~150g
    4x Portal ~390g
    4x Transmogrification Curse ~300g

Items (7):
    4x Tome of Knowledge ~100g
    3x Dagger of Unmaking ~600g

41 cards ~ 19340g

So possibly -3 SoE and -1 Transmog Curse for +1 Tainted Oracle +1 Eris(Although Bog Dweler is great to kill of Cripled TOs) +1 Kion and +1 Lay Line Nexux.

I am not a fan of Amulet of Conjuring in Portal decks since you want to have lot of resources. 4 ToK, 4 TO and 2 Nathan should be enough draw.
    Last edited by Veles; 04-10-2018 at 03:31 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFast View Post
    We are on the same page with -2LS (they were filler anyways), -1 curse, but won't removing 2x3cc allies damage my resource curve?
    It would. But adding yahari means t3 allies aren't as important

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hm... I shall try both decks. Mainly play with dubdub's until I can make Veles' deck a thing. Though I have serious doubts about that curve.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fireball is something that is too good to leave out.

I have actually played against that Loest deck and it can be aggravating with Dagger. A real pain.

Tbh, Mage is my least favorite class so I have not much to add to this discussion. In the end though, I did like your idea with resource ramping with Caravan and Bandit.

Although, with the only way to kill Oracle and Caravan yourself being 2x Bogdweller, it does not seem like something you can consistently count on. That is where Nova would be helpful.

Then you run into the health worries that you mentioned though. I think for Veles list you could swap out the Sorcerers for Layarian Seductress. I know that Sorcerer is here to be able to activate ability easily with 4x Curse but 1 attack just stink with Mage.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think veles list is probably the most competitive route. But he ask to stay true to the original desgin so I tried to do that.