Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    i removed The King's Pride and War Banner
    because i think Amber already has power to finish people off. These buff cards are only useful when you have allies on board
    4BS is overkill, 3 is enough, then add 3 retreat.
    Remove Puwen Bloodhelm, becuase you have 7 2cc draw engine already. In turn 2 you normally cast BF or BS.
    change Raven Wildheart to Erika Shadowhunter. I found Erika is better with Warrior Training(pure evil). And when you are losing the board control, Erika actually can help you to come back (on the other hand you cast Raven when they have 2~3 allies and she dies instantly)
    Add 2 more copies of Armored Sandworm as well.
    You should update your build to reflect your changes. I'm a bit lost on what I should comment on. And in addition, I sincerely think the Erika/warrior training is a novelty.

I think it's creative, unique, and very fun certainly. But it's honestly more effort than it's worth. Let's do a run through real quick:

---Warriors: obviously effective against, unless they have retreat! Or shield bash.
    ---Hunters: they have arrow abilities...which they WILL be using now.
    Mages: no chance
    ---Priests: smite, retreat! & the infamous tidal wave, which WILL happen,
    ---Rogues: assassination & retreat!
    ---Wulven: depends...probably won't be able to handle it ericka directly...(unless rabid bite ignores stealth while attacking another ally...) but still will be difficult.
    ---Elementals: Mind Control anyone?

4/6: odds are against you & messing up your plans.
    2/6: have a good chance of doing what you want.

Mind you this doesn't completely include the meta. It does in the sense of listing usual "get out of trouble" cards people tend to use in 1.29, but not reflecting current trends; although I don't see certain staples changing soon. In addition, this doesn't account for good decks which have their own strategies.

I suppose all I'm saying is it's good to be flexible. Not saying you're not, but if you only have 1 goal you're trying to get to, when it's messed up, you're gonna feel it. And it's not fun trying to kill yourself to employ card-selfishness, sacrificing other useful cards because you want to see your goal through so bad. For example, I main Majiya, and I always have my main goal, which wins, and my plan b, which Also wins. Having alternate agendas is good. Again, not saying you don't, just making some comments.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi there,
    My main goal is simple: use all resources effectively in first turn 4 and rush my opponent down before turn 9. Warrior Training is just a small trick.
    Btw now we have 1.50. This deck no longer good because BF nerf.
    God i hate this nerf, it changes everything (btw i do think BF OP lol)
    i am abit lost on warrior deck now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi there,
    My main goal is simple: use all resources effectively in first turn 4 and rush my opponent down before turn 9. Warrior Training is just a small trick.
    Btw now we have 1.50. This deck no longer good because BF nerf.
    God i hate this nerf, it changes everything (btw i do think BF OP lol)
    i am abit lost on warrior deck now.
    Amber is still very good in 1.5. I am currently at 325 rating playing only her. The blood frenzy nerf hurts for sure but it is not so bad that she is unplayable.

Since the season reset I have been playing and successfully competing using amber against some of the top players in the world including blue and raph etc. Amber can hang with any hero and beat them or give them a good run for their money. Ive had some real nail bitters and of course some ones where my draw was crap and couldn't mount anything.

This early in to the season I'm not going to go over my specific strats with amber but the key to it is develop your goals and support them with the right cards. The key word is goals you need more then early game. With the nasty fatties that are out there now if you don't have solutions for them your most likely going to get owned the same goes for mid game.

My advice to amber players is address all 3 elements of the game; early mid and end game.

Have fun

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok again what is the new build. Can you post it with how many of what card please. The old one was working perfectly on ai. And this rebuild is reflecting 1.5 changes right?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by DRoy777 View Post
    Amber is still very good in 1.5. I am currently at 325 rating playing only her. The blood frenzy nerf hurts for sure but it is not so bad that she is unplayable.

Since the season reset I have been playing and successfully competing using amber against some of the top players in the world including blue and raph etc. Amber can hang with any hero and beat them or give them a good run for their money. Ive had some real nail bitters and of course some ones where my draw was crap and couldn't mount anything.

This early in to the season I'm not going to go over my specific strats with amber but the key to it is develop your goals and support them with the right cards. The key word is goals you need more then early game. With the nasty fatties that are out there now if you don't have solutions for them your most likely going to get owned the same goes for mid game.

My advice to amber players is address all 3 elements of the game; early mid and end game.

Have fun
    I totally agree with you. BF is nerfed but Amber is still viable (I quickly gained 270ranking in few games with warrior)
    And now we can't just focus on early-mid rush anymore, we need balanced early-mid-late game plan.

I do miss old Jeweler's Dream+hit+BF OP combo. Now BF is more like mid game option rather than early game. If you cast BF on turn 3 you will lose huge board control because unlike turn 2, turn 3 is so important.

A quick question for you: Do you use Priest of the light or Jasmine Rosecult or both?
    Last edited by stevevai1983; 03-11-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kep View Post
    Ok again what is the new build. Can you post it with how many of what card please. The old one was working perfectly on ai. And this rebuild is reflecting 1.5 changes right?
    Sorry the old build is for 1.29 (of course in 1.50 it still perfectly beat AI fast hahah!)

Currently i am testing the following build:

Priest of the light *4
    Kristoffer Wyld *3
    Puwen Bloodhelm *4
    Aldon the Brave *3
    Tainted Oracle *3
    Earthen Protector *2
    Aeon Stormcaller *2

Smashing Blow *3
    Enrage *1
    Blood Frenzy *4
    Crippling Blow *3

The King's Pride*2
    Jeweler's Dream *4
    Dimension Ripper *2

I know it's 41cards in total include Amber Rain, but i can live with that......
    I havn't play lots of games with this deck, and still don't know Priest of the light vs Jasmine Rosecult which one is better.

This one is a slower deck. So the game play is different.
    e.g in turn 1 you play first, you have Kristoffer Wyld but do not have BF, then you should wait instead of cast Kristoffer, save your cards. Added Tainted Oracle*3 for draw engine as well because only 4 BF is not reliable at all.
    (DR is kind of draw as well.....)

I don't know if Earthen Protector is a good idea of not (it combos better with priest's Ghostmaker weapon)
    maybe Raven Wildheart/Armored Sandworm is a better choice, i don't know yet.
    Last edited by stevevai1983; 03-11-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I totally agree with you. BF is nerfed but Amber is still viable (I quickly gained 270ranking in few games with warrior)
    And now we can't just focus on early-mid rush anymore, we need balanced early-mid-late game plan.

I do miss old Jeweler's Dream+hit+BF OP combo. Now BF is more like mid game option rather than early game. If you cast BF on turn 3 you will lose huge board control because unlike turn 2, turn 3 is so important.

A quick question for you: Do you use Priest of the light or Jasmine Rosecult or both?
    Im still pushing up the ranks with amber; just out of the top 20 with 340 rating now. She is working great, still has unbelievable board control ability and relentless pressure if played well.

I agree BF now must be used more intelligently because it can't come off the back end of a JD hit. I also feel it is a mid game buff now not early game. I still do sometimes play it turn 3 if it makes sense and I can reestablish board control or already have it. It is still an incredible card draw card either way and with jewelers dream pumping extra resources to fuel the extra draw it puts mad pressure on opponents. All of this while having a very nice damage dealing potential from the weapon itself with lots of durability.

As to your question about Jasmine and POTL .. It's jasmine all the way for me. I like potl but I can't deal with that 3 health and no ongoing threat besides being a 3/3 attacker. When potl is cast it's done it's thing and is now just a slightly better puwen. Where as jasmine is the all important 4 health and can't be left unchecked as she will lock down the board in many circumstances.

This applies to my deck and my play style the potl may be better for some decks. Depends on your goals. For my goals jasmine is the clear winner atm. Also AS is beast!
    Last edited by DRoy777; 03-12-2012 at 05:01 AM.