Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    League Season 3 Undisputed Champion chanson311's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Katrin the Shieldmaiden could use a buff

Probably should have suggested this earlier, but she would be a much better ally if she reduced damage dealt to target ally by 2 as opposed to having target ally gain 2 health. I think that even reducing damage dealt by one would be better. This would not only make another ally more durable (as is the original intent of the card), but it would protect the ally against the ever popular DoU and Ankle breaker (if reduced by 2 of course). It is probably too late for this to change anyway though, but I think she would actually see some play if this change was made.
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree 100%, Katrin aint that viable (at least a deck space) as I find that +2 health just a walk in the park kinda thing..

If she gives out stoneskin though, that's hell of a thing to deal with... She wont be much of a laughing matter now if she can help produce Sandworm-like creatures on the field.
    Team Juggernauts *ForeRunner*

IGN: TJ SO14RWIND
    LEAGUE: Red Division 3

Coming soon: Crown(12) Tournament | TWAIN Tournament | SoW Guild Challenge

“There is a difference between you and me... Yes, we both looked into the Abyss.... but when it looked back at us......you blinked!”

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Even if her ability was the same but cost 0 maybe.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvan Antoine View Post
    Even if her ability was the same but cost 0 maybe.
    Do you really want to face a 3/7 jas on t3.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

World Championships 2nd Place Flycheung's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarWind View Post
    I agree 100%, Katrin aint that viable (at least a deck space) as I find that +2 health just a walk in the park kinda thing..

If she gives out stoneskin though, that's hell of a thing to deal with... She wont be much of a laughing matter now if she can help produce Sandworm-like creatures on the field.
    Jezz, a sandworm with -4 [stoneskin]?!? There are quite a few heroes will be screwed by this creature.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    we tried her with different costs for her ability in the pfg testing phase. what she has now has been established as the best version that is possible. for the reason that codedomination stated, her ability cannot cost 0, or even shadow energy. that was tried. perhaps she just needs some more testing to see how she can be used. if not, maybe as cards come out, she'll see more use. there is no shame in having cards that are not bad, just not ready for prime time yet
    Accolades:
    Former Member of The A1 Alliance "Evolution In Theory"
    Season 4 Hall of Fame Top Ranking - Ranked #14 soothslyr1
    Gondoriandotcom Flash Tournament - Winner (Over Portgaz D Ace) Team Juggernaut
    Bluejet24 Crown Tournament - Winner (Over Crispy1313)
    Hatts Pop up Tournament - Winner (Jjsia) A1 Member

Contributions To The Community:
    Priest Tactics Forum
    Ways To Play
    Advanced Strategies [Part: 1]
    Advanced Strategies [Parts: 2 & 3]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeDomination View Post
    Do you really want to face a 3/7 jas on t3.
    First of all, it's a 3/6 Jas. Second, a 3/6 and an ally with no attack power REALLY ISN'T better than a 3/4 and a 2/3 together. If we think about the t2 drops that can be buffed on turn 3 with Katrin on the field, there is not a single one out there that's better than the current t3 drops. Puwen comes closest as a 2/5 all, but that's still pretty darn weak considering he has no effect. Further we have: dirk, 2/4 with Ambush or Blake with 3/3. That's a PoTL without an effect. Why would anyone invest in that, and use 8 deckslots for a very gillicky combo? The only combo I see with her currently would be buffing Aeon on turn 7+, but by that time there is so much removal available it isn't really necessary anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by soothslyr View Post
    we tried her with different costs for her ability in the pfg testing phase. what she has now has been established as the best version that is possible. for the reason that codedomination stated, her ability cannot cost 0, or even shadow energy. that was tried. perhaps she just needs some more testing to see how she can be used. if not, maybe as cards come out, she'll see more use. there is no shame in having cards that are not bad, just not ready for prime time yet
    I'm sorry, but I really have to disagree. She was never tested at 1SE which would have been a good compromise. Some people thought she was too powerful at 1cc so they'd rather have a useless ally (since that is what she is now), than a decent defensive t2 drop for human that helps when going second instead of when going first. You (people in general) can't forget that she's a one time buff, which also limits her use.

I'm sorry if I sound a bit rude, but I was sad to see that all the lobbying I did for her served no cause. Now she's just useless. And still the only decent t2 drop is still only puwen, sadly enough. Dirk is a decent choice, but he just dies so easily. And Blake is just... Blake.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I might regret getting involved in this thread, but I think there is a place for seemingly weak cards like Katrin.

At some point, we will have booster draft tournaments, or we will have highlander tournaments, or other restrictions where you need to use cards that you might not normally use. At that point, there will come real skill in making use of cards like Katrin.

World Championships 2nd Place Flycheung's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    I might regret getting involved in this thread, but I think there is a place for seemingly weak cards like Katrin.

At some point, we will have booster draft tournaments, or we will have highlander tournaments, or other restrictions where you need to use cards that you might not normally use. At that point, there will come real skill in making use of cards like Katrin.
    We may well see this card in our soon-inhouse tournament if she is truly useless.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This card is pretty useless, unless you use it with aeon or sandworn, but thats a really crappy combo.