Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

how do you beat banebow w/o nova or tsunami ?

OK lately i battled a lot of aggressive banebows that keep almost 100% board control from the get go and I have no way to fight them back.
    From my experience unless you have mass removal there is no way to re-gain momentum vs banebow.

sooo trying to learn something here, how would you fight banebow with, say, serena or amber ?

(last version of the game, so fates cards included)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really think Serena vs Banebow is an even match. Banebow can certainly win the early game and put continuous pressure on you, but Serena has tools to win back the board, steal important cards and cut off draw. Doing all of those will win you a game as Serena. Don't count on keeping any allies out until mid-late game. Any early allies are just speedbumps. Also remember that banebow has limited ways to deal with fatties - I'm able to beat banebow without fatties in my serena deck, but a few Oliver Fagins can really swing the late game for you, as can Braxnorian Soldiers.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 11-25-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Banebow is competitive with different builds, but most of the times he relies heavily on Wrath of the Forest. If you can destroy it, he'll soon run out of cards because his allies are small and quite easy to kill. With WotF in play he has an infinite stream of allies to throw into the board so it's very hard to fight him, but without it it's much easier.
    Serena has Stop Thief! and Amber has Smashing Blow.
    Actually Banebow is an easy matchup for Amber because Banebow has a real trouble in facing her buffed weapons (and hitting the hero reduces WotF durability) and Crippling Blows are very good to stop allies without triggering WotF.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As others have said, break his draw and then hit him with lots of high health allies. I find his most troublesome targets are all those 3cc allies with 5 health, because you can spam them and its hard for him to shut them down without relying on his anti-fatty tools like A Perfect Shot.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by serpiccio View Post
    OK lately i battled a lot of aggressive banebows that keep almost 100% board control from the get go and I have no way to fight them back.
    From my experience unless you have mass removal there is no way to re-gain momentum vs banebow.

sooo trying to learn something here, how would you fight banebow with, say, serena or amber ?

(last version of the game, so fates cards included)
    Well I suggest you start by channeling your inner Al Pacino and tell Banebow to say hello to your little friend! (read little as high HP allies). Banebow has always struggled against high HP allies even with cards like The Perfect Shot in the game.

Barring that, you really should be focusing on controlling the mid-late game as Banebow dominates the early game. Do things like cripple his draw (generally Wrath of the Forest), and run cards like Braxnorian Soldier since most allies BB runs generally have low health. Also, Shard of Power can royally mess up a Banebow that is using Hunter's Gambit for draw since the shard's ability cancels Gambit's immediate use. This allows you to swarm more effectively. Keep in mind that Disciple of Aldmor is not affected by his ability (weird wording interaction I guess). Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Peithoson; 11-25-2014 at 08:37 PM.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Peithoson View Post
    Also, Shard of Power can royally mess up a Banebow that is using Hunter's Gambit for draw since the shard's ability cancels Gambit's immediate use. This allows you to swarm more effectively. Keep in mind that Disciple of Aldmor is not affected by his ability (weird wording interaction I guess). Hope this helps.
    Not sure I follow this logic...shard of power makes allies easier to kill. Sure, it won't make hunter's gambit one-shot an ally that it couldn't have one-shotted before...that doesn't really strike me as a counter, though. So whereas Banebow would normally use his ability on two krygons and possibly put gambit on one of them, when you have shard out, he would do the same thing....the main reason is of course that the krygons could do more damage first.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you all for the tips !
    I realized my deck was lacking on item removal and that's easy to fix, winning back the mid game will be more challenging but I'll work on it :P I'll let you know how it goes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    Not sure I follow this logic...shard of power makes allies easier to kill. Sure, it won't make hunter's gambit one-shot an ally that it couldn't have one-shotted before...that doesn't really strike me as a counter, though. So whereas Banebow would normally use his ability on two krygons and possibly put gambit on one of them, when you have shard out, he would do the same thing....the main reason is of course that the krygons could do more damage first.
    Well if you think about it, normally he would be able to kill 3 allies with the setup you described, now he can only kill two allies. The effect is minimal but it is something to consider with decks using Gambit for draw.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Peithoson View Post
    Well if you think about it, normally he would be able to kill 3 allies with the setup you described, now he can only kill two allies. The effect is minimal but it is something to consider with decks using Gambit for draw.
    nope, he can kill exactly the same number of allies...if anything, more. Shard caps max health, which may confuse some people using gambit, but really if gambit were enough to kill an ally without shard (for example, a single 1/1 spark), it'll still kill them with it. If gambit was not enough without shard, that won't change. What will change is that banebow's ability, soul seeker and DMT will definitely one shot all your allies, whereas they may not have otherwise.

Shard may still be strong, but that's going to be because you have enough allies with haste to deathrace BB, and shard gives you the extra damage to do it. I just don't see how you can argue that it somehow makes your allies more resillient. With regards to gambit, it's neutral; with regards to everything else, they're more fragile.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Play An Elimental
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread