Close

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Good changes

All of these changes are good. I'm glad Calmdown is able to think about cards like Rabid Bite in a vacuum when he needs to. That kind of thought will save SE from a lot of unnecessary adjustments in the future.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Before I b@tch would like to say that most of those changes seem pretty good or at least balanced, nice job. Except one:

Good lord Calmdown, you just made Shriek pointless. Seriously, nobody will bother with it anymore, it's only purpose really was to kill things that cost 5 or more. Nobody uses it early game on cheap things, it puts you too far behind the resource curve. As it is now it's really balanced -- you lose a resource and your opponent is usually holding another item anyway -- you only get 4 shrieks, they usually have much more than 4 items you want to blow up (8 bows for Gwen, 8 swords for Amber, Research/Portal/SS for Mages, Wizent's/Curse/Armor for Priest). As is, 4 Shriek isn't even enough, let alone nerfing it. Please reconsider!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    Assassinate: exhaust a weenie, destroy target creature.
    Limited by class, requires additional resource, and allies are completely different to items (as in - a lot more things kill them)

Destroy arms: destroy target item
    Limited by class.

Smashing blow: destroy target item
    Weapon or Armour. Limited by class.

Boris: destroy target creature
    Limited by class, and allies are completely different to items (as in - a lot more things kill them)

Shriek: sacrifice a RESOURCE, destroy target item.
    Costs 1. The ability to Shriek+play another card is far superior than if Shriek cost, say, 5 or 6. It's tremendously OP.

Just up the cost and don't cripple the ability to deal with cards. Please tell me how a creature heavy deck gravebone or majiya or elemental now deals with VoW
    Quit whining, there are new cards coming out soon. Always worst case scenario with you people!
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    @Calmdown

You don't mention Sandra Trueblade or Here Be Monsters in your opening post. Will they remain the same?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't know why everyone thinks the change to Rabid Bite was good..

You get one RANDOM attack. Meaning, it has the potential to do nothing in terms of removing an ally from the field. It cannot hit a hero. It's 4 cost.

What it does do nicely is lock an ally down for ONE turn.

All in all, this comes out of the Wulven deck. I'll just stick with Captured Prey. This card was already crippled because of the new way protector works. Now it's just plain garbage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Tremendously OP?

This coming from the creator of the original sorcerous potion (horrendous) and who let haste MC slide.

Please try to play some games without a shriek on 5+ items, see how you fair. KP and VoW unkillable with a Lilly rose to bring them back. Smh

But no need to fear, if you say new cards are coming out to destroy items, by god you must be right.

While your at it, retreat is op. Shouldn't work on 5+ costing creatures.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "At the start of your opponent's turn, target ally attacks a random enemy ally, or hero if there are no enemy allies in play. It is then exhausted."
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    "At the start of your opponent's turn, target ally attacks a random enemy ally, or hero if there are no enemy allies in play. It is then exhausted."
    Annnd.... now I love the card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So similar to mc but worse. Although it costs 1 less. Tricky thing, balance is.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm throwing in the towel regarding Wulven changes. I'll still play them but this is getting ridiculous. I didn't believe Drakkon when he said that you would destroy allyless Wulven play but everything you've done seems to point that way. I was going to offer my help to design Wulven cards and abilities but I'm feeling so jaded right now that I really don't see the point to it. I had high hopes for the new Wulven cards, but it's been one disappointment after another.
    In game name: Plague12
    "...I don't lecture, I don't rap, I'm no bureaucrat; I'm just a guy out of nowhere came to be involved in something five-hundreds times bigger than you and me." - Nines Rodriguez, Anarch