Close

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: eternal troll

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can just attack him every turn to exhaust him until you can get enough firepower to hit him twice. Honestly though, there are countless ways for each class to deal with him. Plus, if he's your opponen't desired T3 drop, then you can combo your T2, T3 drop/ability and your hero ability (if you do), and it will just be a drain of resource for your opponent.
    Vanishing Specter of the Lost Realms
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

eternal troll

Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    They are easy to take care of man.
    Cripple, Mind Control etc, will finish them with one card. Eternal Troll can avoid all of it and come back next turn. Way different
    Of course they get the bonus of being less susceptible to allies, which are more common than control cards in most decks.

Side note CB still works on troll against human.

I kind of also feel people would ack more tools to deal with him if he were game breaking. Morbid Acolyte is a good card yet people still prefer gargoyle most of the time. Groundshift has apparently gone out of fashion, and the decks that pack LD now are the same ones that tended to do so before.

I am not saying the fact that there are to old to deal with him make him not OP. If people were forced to tech against him I'd say the opposite actually. However, people have strong anti-troll tools, which also have many other uses and still don't pack them. It does not appear to be on their list of top concerns.
    Last edited by qaz92zaq; 03-01-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I pack a great anti troll tool. In fact it won me my last match and i wpuld have lost. Its called soul seeker. Troll is 12 hp for me. Ibkeep him alive. Its glorious.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by blackphantasm View Post
    You can just attack him every turn to exhaust him until you can get enough firepower to hit him twice. Honestly though, there are countless ways for each class to deal with him. Plus, if he's your opponen't desired T3 drop, then you can combo your T2, T3 drop/ability and your hero ability (if you do), and it will just be a drain of resource for your opponent.
    This.

If Troll was OP, people would heavily tech against him. But people are barely changing anything with their decks, but they can still beat Troll.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    this is not how to define op. you must look at what it costs and all the benefits you get from it. right now it does not cost enough to be the way it is.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    this is not how to define op. you must look at what it costs and all the benefits you get from it. right now it does not cost enough to be the way it is.
    If there really is a problem with troll's overall stats compared to other 3-drops, it would be nice to be provided with an actual analysis instead of mere claims.

It is a weak T3 ally imo. Even going first and dropping it on an empty board, Sabreen or Krygon can instantly stun it, leading to a tempo stallmate that benefits the 2nd going player. Going 2nd yourself, there's always the risk of 2 enemy allies (or 1 + a weapon) just removing Troll for no retaliation damage, which again is weaker than most 3-drops. About on par with maybe Deathbone (one soaks up 2-3 more damage, the other deals 2 retaliation dmg; a good 3-drop would do both these things).

That it has to be killed more than once is almost as much of a downside (Soul Seeker, IGG, eternal Embers of the Just in your face, etc.)

Troll shines vs opponents who have given up on the board and just wanna rely on weapons and/or board wipes. I don't see anything wrong with that. Rush mages can't clear everything with Nova after going for face as much as possible. Priest can't rely on Tidal Wave alone anymore. Ignoring allies with your weapons leads to more lost durability. But these moves still work, they just need to be made with greater awareness of the opponent's moves and if all else fails, Yahari provides everybody with a reasonable counter, i.e. one that's not to narrow to be used in other match-ups.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tell you what. This thread has more durability than troll sandworm and fort wisp combined.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    Tell you what. This thread has more durability than troll sandworm and fort wisp combined.
    Many things can instakill it. Maybe we should do that.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by blackphantasm View Post
    Many things can instakill it. Maybe we should do that.
    Should we groundshift this thread. Or shocking grasp it
    Last edited by The MiddleAgedNerd; 03-02-2016 at 06:45 AM.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks like this thread died. But not twice in a day. So now it's alive again!