Close

View Poll Results: Do you think we should reduce max deck size to 80 + hero for Quick Match?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 42.86%
  • No

29 51.79%
  • Other

3 5.36%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolodi View Post
    My vote is "do both". Really. Why can't we have more game modes. You can leave points system common, but split qm into many sections. In one section max limit is 80, other could have min limit 80, one can be the same as it is today and so on. At the end if the day, the best way to know the answer what is best us simply to test it by huge amount of games played. Now, the approach to have many game modes in qm can be extended to accommodate many more specific or experimenting rules. So everyone can choose whatever game mode you like to play every single time, say you have some really fat deck and you don't want to be worry about facing 40 card well tuned aggro deck - go to 80 min limit mode, or you have 40 card deck and you don't want to be milled - go to 40 min 50 max game mode. This way we could finally have more balanced mutchups and overall more interesting games.
    Edit:
    For 80 min mode played could gain more points per win, so more people can be interesting in building bigger decks and don't be worry about having no chance to score as well as with slimmer decks
    We would only be changing it for Quick Match. Custom Games can be however you want.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    We would only be changing it for Quick Match. Custom Games can be however you want.
    How it can be possible to track all games with different rules, you definitely need some fixed rules mode like qm is to test out deck limits and other possible rules so people can play for along time and we would have an idea of how new rules are good or bad...
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why stop at 80? Why not 60 or 40? Big decks don't need to exist.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    Why stop at 80? Why not 60 or 40? Big decks don't need to exist.
    Here are two reasons of many. I'm sure others can add more:

1) I don't know how you brew decks, but there are certainly some people who like to pick some things that go over the intended tuned size to try them out with the intention of trimming down over time. You absolutely could not do that if there was one deck size and I think having some flexibility is a plus compared to other games with strict size. Maybe 60-card max would be enough with the 40-card minimum but ...

2) we don't know for sure that the minimum won't go up at some point, so I think 80 cards (which is double the minimum and 1/3 reduction on current max) is a reasonable number to change to from where we are. I don't think 60 or 40 would be reasonable at this time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolodi View Post
    My vote is "do both". Really. Why can't we have more game modes. You can leave points system common, but split qm into many sections. In one section max limit is 80, other could have min limit 80, one can be the same as it is today and so on. At the end if the day, the best way to know the answer what is best us simply to test it by huge amount of games played. Now, the approach to have many game modes in qm can be extended to accommodate many more specific or experimenting rules. So everyone can choose whatever game mode you like to play every single time, say you have some really fat deck and you don't want to be worry about facing 40 card well tuned aggro deck - go to 80 min limit mode, or you have 40 card deck and you don't want to be milled - go to 40 min 50 max game mode. This way we could finally have more balanced mutchups and overall more interesting games.
    Edit:
    For 80 min mode played could gain more points per win, so more people can be interesting in building bigger decks and don't be worry about having no chance to score as well as with slimmer decks
    Splitting qm mode in more modes will increase waiting times between matches.
    Last edited by Spartan; 09-07-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about max 3 copies of one card in a deck? that would reduce consistency of such decks
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My fear is that reducing to 80 will disappoint the fat deck lovers but not satisfy the slim deck lovers.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    My fear is that reducing to 80 will disappoint the fat deck lovers but not satisfy the slim deck lovers.
    Interesting. Well, 60 max would still be 50% extra available over the minimum and twice as much as Hearthstone, which only allows 2 copies of each card. Maybe 60 is the sweet spot. But surely this reduction would annoy fat deck lovers even more. I'm willing to make another poll about it for wider input.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....rds-Hero-in-QM

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's simply limiting the diversity of decks and making duels boring.

120 deck is never stronger than 60 decks or 40 decks. it's the player's choice.

please do not make this game boring

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dy View Post
    120 deck is never stronger than 60 decks or 40 decks.
    That's not true at all.