Close

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post

Please try to play some games without a shriek on 5+ items, see how you fair. KP and VoW unkillable with a Lilly rose to bring them back. Smh

While your at it, retreat is op. Shouldn't work on 5+ costing creatures.
    hear hear! But that version of Retreat would still be better than the new version of Shriek. Seriously Calmdown, it's not OP, nowhere near OP. You can't viably play it until turn 5 or 6 and it's not like your opponent lost their only AoA, Bow, Sword, or whatever. Losing the resource is a huge cost until turn 7 or so unless you're playing a weenie deck.

But to make powerful items completely undestroyable by an entire faction (except Ter) will ruin the Shadow class. Period. I hope future Shadow cards say "when this ally enters play destroy target item" or something. We'll have to trust that future cards can handle high-cc items... they will, won't they??

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I'm throwing in the towel regarding Wulven changes. I'll still play them but this is getting ridiculous. I didn't believe Drakkon when he said that you would destroy allyless Wulven play but everything you've done seems to point that way. I was going to offer my help to design Wulven cards and abilities but I'm feeling so jaded right now that I really don't see the point to it. I had high hopes for the new Wulven cards, but it's been one disappointment after another.
    Sorry to see you go. I hope other Wulven players enjoy the new Shadow and Wulven-specific cards.

Quote Originally Posted by graphlem View Post
    We'll have to trust that future cards can handle high-cc items... they will, won't they??
    No, Im going to completely break the game and give you a variety of completely unanswerable situations to deal with
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Let's at least let Shriek kill any item, but make it cost more, or how about sacrificing an ally? That would actualyl fit best with Shadow anyway:

Shriek
    cc: 3, sacrifice an Ally
    Destroy target item

I think that's fairly balanced -- Priests get to blow up anything for 3 with no side effect, this would be in line with that cost and inline with what Shadow is about.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    No, Im going to completely break the game and give you a variety of completely unanswerable situations to deal with.
    Take out the smiley and his true intentions are made clear.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No, Im going to completely break the game and give you a variety of completely unanswerable situations to deal with
    Excellent, thank you, I was hoping you would! ;-)

Check out my Shriek edit< i think it would fit the bill. if not and the re-design is in stone, at least please release the cards that kill 5 or greater CC items at the same time so there isn't a window where Shadow is unplayable (except for Ter). Thanks for listening.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by graphlem View Post
    Excellent, thank you, I was hoping you would! ;-)

Check out my Shriek edit< i think it would fit the bill. if not and the re-design is in stone, at least please release the cards that kill 5 or greater CC items at the same time so there isn't a window where Shadow is unplayable (except for Ter). Thanks for listening.
    No, sorry, I just told you. I'm going to completely break the game and give you a variety of completely unanswerable situations.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agree with shriek. 1 resource to destroy any item is OP. Should be limited to 1 specific race if it was the original ability. Plus, every race cannot expect to counter everything. It is how the game is. A is good against B but weak against C. Example would be any typical MMORPG that warrior loses to mage but fair well against rogue, priest can debuff and so on.

Although I would recommend that dual wield will be able to stack with Amber's new ability or it would be kinda pointless to have dual wield with Amber.
    Last edited by jjsia; 07-27-2011 at 03:36 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    Take out the smiley and his true intentions are made clear.
    It's a confession, worthy of sigging.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No, sorry, I just told you. I'm going to completely break the game and give you a variety of completely unanswerable situations.
    Oh well, it's been fun playing the Shadow Faction -- time to switch to Priest:

great draw: Wizent's
    best board wipe: Tidal
    Only Hero/card that can remove attached effects
    Only group that can Armageddon (Plague)
    Better Allies than Shadow

Should be fun dominating, thanks CD.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Guys, let's stay positive. There are cards we don't know about. There's no point in discussing how good or bad anything is until then.

Which is why these design threads should be for comedy and satire only. Asking us our opinion on a car when we can't see the engine is rather, well, dumb. He'll get on your case if you disagree with him saying there are "cards you don't know about coming" so why bother?

"Calmdown works in mysterious ways"

The answer to why anything bad gets through to your everyday life. Just substitute calmdown for the deity if your choice.

No single card is OP until they all drop. So until then, everyone go play checkers and twiddle your thumbs.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend