Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What are your thoughts on the direction Shadow Era is taking?

I thought the next set would help the weaker cards from the previous sets be more viable. Instead, Shattered Fates just created more new useless cards.

what are yours?
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What do you mean by that?

Created more useless cards.... The thing is, they can't release a new set that blows every past set out of the water. It would just be silly. It's better to have integration. The fact is each set is going to contain cards that aren't very useful. You just have to hope that over time, eventually as more cards are built with different mechanics, some/many/most will find a home within a specific strategy or mechanic.

My gripe is more about the discarding mechanic. It just makes games a little less fun. Also, Thoughtripper's Cutlass makes me wonder why I would ever both playing as Serena. Why not just play as Lance, have the same card set, Serena's ability in a castable item, and your own super cool ability?
    Yep... Lance it is.
    White Wolf of Rivia
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is already a thread here called Unusable Cards which discusses cards that people think aren't good. So for the sake of not cluttering the forum with another thread on the same topic, maybe just post to that thread with your list of cards you think are useless.

Edit: I will say that Thoughtripper's Cutlass is probably one the most poorly designed cards in the set, not because it's useless, in fact it can be very good, but only for any hero other than the one it's named for. Like why name it for Serena when it helps the other two Rogues and all the Hunters more? It needs a major rework in ability to actually be usable by mostly Serena.
    Last edited by tman507; 02-18-2014 at 06:16 PM.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Some cards are meant more for the "Timmy" type of players while others are for the "Johnny" and "Spike" (Look up this Timmy Johnny Spike MtG article.). Some cards just have untapped potential that is right now trapped due to the card pool.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    There is already a thread here called Unusable Cards which discusses cards that people think aren't good. So for the sake of not cluttering the forum with another thread on the same topic, maybe just post to that thread with your list of cards you think are useless.

Edit: I will say that Thoughtripper's Cutlass is probably one the most poorly designed cards in the set, not because it's useless, in fact it can be very good, but only for any hero other than the one it's named for. Like why name it for Serena when it helps the other two Rogues and all the Hunters more? It needs a major rework in ability to actually be usable by mostly Serena.
    I think his topic is different enough, he's asking what is disappointing you about the direction/design of the game rather than what cards he finds bad about the new set. Granted, I still say going to the useless card thread and actually explaining why you specifically think X is useless will help lower the amount of cards people think is useless (shameless plug ).
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My biggest issue the lack of participation in the beta server causing too long a wait time...I like the design of many of the cards and think the expansion will be a good thing for the game (even if some modifying is still being done...like giving Garth back poison)
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Donīt forget one of the reason of low traffic on test server: OLYMPIC GAMES !!!! GO GO Czech !!! Shadow Era must wait for a while in my case :-)
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^ Way to try and derail the thread there.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyell125 View Post
    The fact is each set is going to contain cards that aren't very useful. You just have to hope that over time, eventually as more cards are built with different mechanics, some/many/most will find a home within a specific strategy or mechanic.
    Shard of Power. Laughable card in CotC and DP. But with Shattered Fates..... well
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    My biggest issue the lack of participation in the beta server causing too long a wait time...I like the design of many of the cards and think the expansion will be a good thing for the game (even if some modifying is still being done...like giving Garth back poison)
    Not being able to play beta from mobile is a HUGE reason for this.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us